On Get Up, Greeny Picks Beagles to be 1 seed and the Bye

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They did what Dallas couldn't do because the team quit on the coach. Had another team outside the division played philly its 95 percent they would have lost. They didn't play well the month of December and won by default. Just my opinion though
That's my point though. Pederson's team didn't quit on him. That's coaching. Garrett's message got stale and old.

I don't disagree with you on the division, but I can certainly argue against the Eagles getting the #1 seed and a bye in the playoffs. They were only a rat's hair better than the Cowboys last season. Even in the division I think a reasonable argument can be made for either Philly or Dallas.
I agree. Like I said above, I thought they meant NFC East division not the conference. NFC is a different animal.

Creeper

Reaction score
#1 seed and a bye? No. Just no. I can see them being picked to win the division, but that's it. I still like the eagles strategy building that defense and keeping it strong. The acquired to good players for that defense already. I expect they will draft a WR and a RB to improve the offense.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Greenberg just trying to create some buzz, there is no real sports going on so there's nothing to talk about. Even die hard Eagle fans don't believe this.

Adreme

Reaction score
I never predicted the Cowboys would or would not take the NFC east this year. That was not what I took issue with. In an earlier post you stated the Cowboys "from a talent perspective will be worse this upcoming season" and overall I disagree. Yes we lost Jones and Frederick. Jones is good and Frederick is great, but I don't think they are irreplaceable. We may take a bit of a downgrade at those 2 positions, but we're upgrading at others. I see Jarwin starting at TE as an upgrade, we have 2 good placekickers competing to replace Maher and either of those two would definitely be an upgrade. DT's Poe and McCoy are both upgrades at their positions, and LVE is healthy again.
We still don't know for sure about right DE. Quinn was a good pass rusher but not so much against the run. If Aldon Smith or whoever ends up with DE does a reasonable job then I don't believe we're necessarily worse for talent this year.
And we still have a draft on the way. We could still pick up more help there.
Sorry, but I think you're jumping the gun claiming we have worse talent than last year.

When you lose a top 10 corner and lose a top 10 C their will be drop off. Now losing Jones is a bigger dropoff than losing Fred (because we saw who the backups were). As for Jarwin, I do not know if I can consider him a significant upgrade at all considering I never saw anything from him to make me think he was ever one of the top 4 receiving weapons on the field. Either way though the offense being as good as last season is certainly the goal and is a possibility but Fred's replacement is worse and Jarwin has yet to show he is anything more than a below average starter. Therefore the talent on offense is slightly worse. On defense the secondary is significantly worse, but the DLine is probably about as good at rushing but better at run stuffing. Considering the secondary is not good that is a red flag.

foofighters

Reaction score
before FA is over, before the draft and this shot is called, seriously, the Eagles..lmao
Dude, don't ever refer to the eagles as Beagles, ever again. Beagles are some of the best dogs out there. Mine is the best dog there ever was. Don't ever insult Beagles like that again...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dude, don't ever refer to the eagles as Beagles, ever again. Beagles are some of the best dogs out there. Mine is the best dog there ever was. Don't ever insult Beagles like that again...
Ok Sheagles from now on LOL

mcmvp

Reaction score
Agreed...loved my Beagle...great dogs.

It is rather stupid when people call a team name something different, anyway. That’s why I always say Cowboys, Giants, etc. I feel if I start using the word cowboys, people will just assume I’m 11 or 12 years old. It never made much sense to me.