On KTBB interview, Mickey mentioned something up with Bennett TE

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
just thought id give a heads up on ktbb, mickey mentioned something about heads up issue with bennett the TE, and jerry jones said he was just an outside observer, but seemed to be something going on with bennett,

cowboys2233

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2189543 said:
just thought id give a heads up on ktbb, mickey mentioned something about heads up issue with bennett the TE, and jerry jones said he was just an outside observer, but seemed to be something going on with bennett,

What do you mean, "going on?" Does that mean he sucks? We already knew that.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Something tells me his tenure in Dallas will not have a happy ending.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
bbgun;2189557 said:
Something tells me his tenure in Dallas will not have a happy ending.

Hasn't "Something" told you wrong on numerous occasions?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i was doing 3 things at once, so just caught alittle, but something about possibly monitoring a phone call bennett had,

remember bennett was or missed practice the other day about 30 minutes

then he missed what 4 to 6 hours another day to tend to some personal business,

so thought if you wanted to listen to the podcast you can, DC probably will probably put it back up, or it will be on smoakys website, under mickey spagnola link,

just starting to seem like this guy isnt mature and he needs someone taking him aside and telling him how it is done, etc,

remember even bennett said he is laidback, not gun ho in other words, loooks like someone is going to have to light a fire underneath him

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2189562 said:
Hasn't "Something" told you wrong on numerous occasions?

Nope. Perfect batting average when it comes to predictions. Well, save for the Crash of '29.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
laufenberg mentioned last night that bennet was not at camp again and was going to have this personal issue all squared away by tuesday night when they go to denver.

So I am assuming he is already back and with the team on its way to denver.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;2189623 said:
laufenberg mentioned last night that bennet was not at camp again and was going to have this personal issue all squared away by tuesday night when they go to denver.

So I am assuming he is already back and with the team on its way to denver.

wasnt mentioned by anyone today either, so I'm thinking this is another b/s thread

probably should be closed

David

Spectre

Reaction score
this just in...
Bennett is a bust.

now stop drafting TEs in the 2nd round when you have Jason "the best TE in the NFL" Witten

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Spectre;2189651 said:
this just in...
Bennett is a bust.

now stop drafting TEs in the 2nd round when you have Jason "the best TE in the NFL" Witten

That what really ticks me off. We have the best TE in football and go and spend a 2nd rd pick on another one.

2nd rd picks should be starters. If a teams' drafting well, most 1st day picks should become starters.

So when you spend a premium pick on a player we don't need and that player bust, it compounds the error.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2189725 said:
That what really ticks me off. We have the best TE in football and go and spend a 2nd rd pick on another one.

2nd rd picks should be starters. If a teams' drafting well, most 1st day picks should become starters.

So when you spend a premium pick on a player we don't need and that player bust, it compounds the error.

I dont think taking the best player available is a bad thing.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok this is what mickey said;
scouting for qbs, thought they need to give brad johnson some reps and more time for brad with first team and leave some starters in, so he can be ready

for 3rd guy with maybe some experience to be your future backup qb,

mickey also said he thought brads job wasnt in jeopardy

oon interception, brad red defense one way and crayton decided he would run an up pattern

impressed with first team offense, right down the field and scored,
what felix did in practices would translate onto the game, and iit did

so he really was running against everyboyd in practice just like in the game, even though they dont tackle in practice

right way or wrong way to practice with tackling, etc
mickey seemed to think guys just were out of position, so the young guys didnt do well on special teams in coverages on punt and kickoffs, so here it goes again, so see how they line up in denver

will help them with practicing against denver in pads, etc, and pick up intensity, have 2 practices wed and thursday

no one has been able to get to bottom of what is going on with bennett, and mickey wasnt sure if jerry had to monitor a phone call of bennetts, but they seem to think things are over now, at least thats what wade said;

http://www.ktbb.com/cowboys/mickey-spagnola/

the link above is the interview with mickey today

link below is evan oglesby interview, enjoy joe
http://www.ktbb.com/cowboys/guest-player/
http://www.ktbbaudio.com/cowboys/guest.m3u
Podcast (Listen Now):
Evan Oglesby 08/06/08

Smoaky talks with Cowboys WR Patrick Crayton about him being so outspoken at times and more

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
The Oglesby interview already made the rounds last week. They just got around to airing in live today on the show, but the podcast was already on here. Just clearing that up that it's not a new interview.

Here's the latest Mickey from today..

Mickey on KTBB.com

The news Mickey gives about Bennett is just the stuff we already know.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Whatever it is apparently Bennett witnessed something only as I understood it?