On KTBB interview, Mickey mentioned something up with Bennett TE

Kevlee06

Reaction score
He could have had a family member die or become real sick for all we know.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Spectre;2189651 said:
this just in...
Bennett is a bust.

now stop drafting TEs in the 2nd round when you have Jason "the best TE in the NFL" Witten

this just in...quit overreacting to a few weeks of camp and one preseason game

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Doomsday;2189734 said:
I dont think taking the best player available is a bad thing.

me either...especially when the guy was rated as the best TE in the draft by alot of people, and its a known fact they want to use alot of 2 TE sets

David

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So where do factor in a guys attitude. BPA only goes so far. If you start drafting turds just because they are BPA, you're wasting picks.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2189824 said:
So where do factor in a guys attitude. BPA only goes so far. If you start drafting turds just because they are BPA, you're wasting picks.

well the idea of bad attitude or whatever is usually a noticed thing. Do we fans have enough on the table to say this guy really does have a bad attitude about playing the top of his game....

my answer would be no, not yet. I will leave that to the coaches.

As far as BPA vs attitude, well why was he BPA, he couldn't of been too bad to be the best available unless you are just looking for TE in title only.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
At no time in Bennett's life has he been accused of having a bad attitude - except for posters on this board.

I just LOL at a poster who said "I've hated Bennett since High School". Real smart there. You guys are just over reacting.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dbair1967;2189630 said:
wasnt mentioned by anyone today either, so I'm thinking this is another b/s thread

probably should be closed

David

what is B/S? Laufenberg last night simply said he is having personal issues and had to leave the residence inn to take care of it and would be back tuesday night when the leave for denver. Not a big deal. Whatever it was a few days ago that was happening in his personal life popped up again.

Doesnt seem like a big deal to me unless it lingers.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
DanTanna;2189863 said:
At no time in Bennett's life has he been accused of having a bad attitude - except for posters on this board.

I just LOL at a poster who said "I've hated Bennett since High School". Real smart there. You guys are just over reacting.

I started the hate in mini-skool. I could just tell................he drank his bottle WAY slower than the rest. Loser. :p:

Seven

Reaction score
theebs;2189870 said:
what is B/S? Laufenberg last night simply said he is having personal issues and had to leave the residence inn to take care of it and would be back tuesday night when the leave for denver. Not a big deal. Whatever it was a few days ago that was happening in his personal life popped up again.

Doesnt seem like a big deal to me unless it lingers.

Careful theebs. This is borderline "HYPE".

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2189547 said:
What do you mean, "going on?" Does that mean he sucks? We already knew that.

yeah cuz a pre-season game is a tell all tale on someone....

Seven

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2189547 said:
What do you mean, "going on?" Does that mean he sucks? We already knew that.

Who's "we"? Turd in your pocket?

444 posts. I can tell, you suck. C'mon man.............

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Seven;2189884 said:
Who's "we"? Turd in your pocket?

444 posts. I can tell, you suck. C'mon man.............
I think he sucks too. he's a punk who won't last long here. he'll probably end up with the giants or bengals.

Seven

Reaction score
Rampage;2189887 said:
I think he sucks too. he's a punk who won't last long here. he'll probably end up with the giants or bengals.

Dude.........Crystal ball? Maybe, just maybe, the kid is homesick. Many an NFL rook and draft choice have turned up missing. Packed their bags and split. JMO, of course.

Spectre

Reaction score
dbair1967;2189793 said:
this just in...quit overreacting to a few weeks of camp and one preseason game

David
this just in...
eternal optimists are closer than they appear.

I didn't like the pick before camp or preseason.
And I still won't even if he becomes a great player because Witten isn't going anywhere for a long while.
We didn't need him and could have addressed a number of other positions there.

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, all of you who hated the pick who would you have taken at the end of round 1?

Me personally, looking at the draft board no one jumps out at me as someone that is a big time talent/potential starter at a position of need for the cowboys.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Wonder when the 'Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda' list will come out for a 2nd rounder instead of Bennett

gbrittain

Reaction score
Displaced Cowboy;2189929 said:
Just out of curiosity, all of you who hated the pick who would you have taken at the end of round 1?

Me personally, looking at the draft board no one jumps out at me as someone that is a big time talent/potential starter at a position of need for the cowboys.

I hated the pick and still do.

Understand one thing though, I am not calling him a bust at this point or unlike the Amendola haters hoping that he fails miserably.

I can not say for sure who or what I would have targeted.

I can say I would have considered making a move for Limas Sweed who was dropping like a rock.

gbrittain

Reaction score
FCBarca;2189937 said:
Wonder when the 'Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda' list will come out for a 2nd rounder instead of Bennett

In fairness, many people did not like the pick the day of the draft.

It is one thing to praise the pick and then in hindsight moan and groan about what might have been as opposed to groaning at the time of the pick.

I did not like the trade, I did not like the pick and I do not like the things I am hearing about Bennett so far.

However, like I said earlier, I am not calling him a bust by any means...way to early for that.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2189725 said:
That what really ticks me off. We have the best TE in football and go and spend a 2nd rd pick on another one.

2nd rd picks should be starters. If a teams' drafting well, most 1st day picks should become starters.

So when you spend a premium pick on a player we don't need and that player bust, it compounds the error.

I agree 100%, we are supposed to be competing for a Super Bowl, and drafting impact players, not taking "projects" and waiting 2-3 years for them to develop.

Now, if we wanted to grab a pass catching tight end, a guy named Martin Rucker was available in the fourth round, is already developed and is like a Winslow type receiver.

Never the less, Bennett blows.