On to the Draft

Murph80

Reaction score
Which way do we go there. Laron Landry?? Dwayne Jarrett?? Adrian Peterson??? OL??? QB???

davidl

Reaction score
Artie Lange;1297350 said:
Landry is from LSU.
Based on recent LSU products,I'd pass.

Landry is Roy Williams all over again. He PRIDES himself on not studying game tape and just letting it "all hang out on the field."

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We must spend the first day on:

Wide receiver, OL, and possibly a true FB, a guy who can block, run the ball, and receive...I think we have been missing that type of guy for a long time.

That could all change depending on what we address in FA, but WR and OL would be my priority this offseason.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
neither because all will be gone.

i think dallas has to settle for players like

jeff samardzija
sidney rice
reggie nelson
kyle young
levi brown
adam carriker
quinton mozes

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Landry is from LSU.

I don't think that is a particulalrly wise way to go about it. "They" use to say "never, ever draft a Penn State running back."

See Larry Johnson.

I hear ya though.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
wayne_motley;1297370 said:
We must spend the first day on:

Wide receiver, OL, and possibly a true FB, a guy who can block, run the ball, and receive...I think we have been missing that type of guy for a long time.

That could all change depending on what we address in FA, but WR and OL would be my priority this offseason.

Be prepared to be disappointed.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
I'd take Levi Brown (Tackle- Penn State) in a heart beat. Not sure where he'll go pick range wise though.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
kingwhicker;1297441 said:
I'd take Levi Brown (Tackle- Penn State) in a heart beat. Not sure where he'll go pick range wise though.

Right around our area. He's not the type of player whois going to make headlines or be on the John Madden sweat watch and he does not have the mean streak everyone talks about but he is going to be a very good OT for a very long time. The type of player who just does his job. You can line him up and forget about him.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
kingwhicker;1297441 said:

We need guards... we have plenty of tackles. OT was resolved just this season.

RxMan

Reaction score
WR, OL, FB. Does this list ever change? It is the SAME every year for the past 3. Going by this then list and history my guess is the draft will go like this:

1. LB
2. DL
3. RB
4. CB
5. TE
6. K
7. OL

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
aardvark;1297448 said:
We need guards... we have plenty of tackles. OT was resolved just this season.

I dunno, that remains to be seen- Flozell is a turd and McQuistan- who knows- I'd be more confident with Levi Brown than Flozell, McQuistan or Columbo. Columbo still has the injury concern in the back of my mind.

I'd also be thrilled to have Posluszny the middle linebacker from Penn State but he'll probably be gone.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Murph80;1297327 said:
Which way do we go there. Laron Landry?? Dwayne Jarrett?? Adrian Peterson??? OL??? QB???

If Peterson is around when we draft--he has been arrested facing 10 yrs in prison. :confused:

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
RxMan;1297458 said:
WR, OL, FB. Does this list ever change? It is the SAME every year for the past 3. Going by this then list and history my guess is the draft will go like this:

1. LB
2. DL
3. RB
4. CB
5. TE
6. K
7. OL

:lmao2: If it wasn't so sad (and true) it would be hysterical.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1297464 said:
If Peterson is around when we draft--he has been arrested facing 10 yrs in prison. :confused:

Huh? Adrian Peterson from Oklahoma? That's news to me.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
LatinMind;1297379 said:
neither because all will be gone.

i think dallas has to settle for players like

jeff samardzija
sidney rice
reggie nelson
kyle young
levi brown
adam carriker
quinton mozes

If we used our first round pick on Smardja of ND, I'd :puke:

Maybe late 2nd round, I dunno...we need to be looking for our next front line receiver, even if it means a little movement.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Landry is from LSU.
Yeah, that Joseph Addai character blows. :)

Chuck 54

Reaction score
RxMan;1297458 said:

1. LB
2. DL
3. RB
4. CB
5. TE
6. K
7. OL

:laugh2: I know what you mean, but at some point you have to stop drafting defense every year or you'll end up with a young QB and RB's who get ruined or are suddenly NOT young anymore when you bring in the young OL and WR.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
my first pick is a cb that can be a PR as well. My second pick is the best LB left on the board. My third pick is the best WR on the board. My 4th- Best OL My 5th-best NT left 6th- best OL 7th best OL.