On to the Draft

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll say the same thing I always say when someone asks me about the draft, tell me who we sign in free agency and I'll tell you what we need to do in the draft. It's still to early to say. However, at 22 if a kick butt CB or WR or OL is there, I'd take him.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
kingwhicker;1297460 said:
I dunno, that remains to be seen- Flozell is a turd and McQuistan- who knows- I'd be more confident with Levi Brown than Flozell, McQuistan or Columbo. Columbo still has the injury concern in the back of my mind.

I'd also be thrilled to have Posluszny the middle linebacker from Penn State but he'll probably be gone.

PP is a heckuva player. But, Posluszny is too light for the 3-4. He's about a 220-230 pound LBer... but hey, anything can happen right?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Artie Lange;1297673 said:
You are an expert on missing the point.
Make a worthwhile point instead of ridiculous blanket statements and you'll probably get a better reaction.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
aardvark;1297711 said:
PP is a heckuva player. But, Posluszny is too light for the 3-4. He's about a 220-230 pound LBer... but hey, anything can happen right?

True, hopefully we will be running a 4-3 :)

dstew60105

Reaction score
DMOB;1297367 said:
Landry will be long gone.

Not sure why everyone is in love with Landry. Reggie Nelson from Flroida is the best safety and will be the first one off the board. Reggie also plays FS, which is where we need the upgrade.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
dstew60105;1297951 said:
Not sure why everyone is in love with Landry. Reggie Nelson from Flroida is the best safety and will be the first one off the board. Reggie also plays FS, which is where we need the upgrade.

I agree.

I understand it was only 1 game but he looked awful in the Sugarbowl.

For the lovers... dont mention the INT because any of us could have got that pick.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Biggems;1297504 said:
First Day Guys I'm looking at

C Kyle Young
G/T Justin Blalock
T Levi Brown
T Joe Staley
WR Johnnie Lee Higgins Jr
WR Chansi Stuckey
RB Michael Bush
RB Marshawn Lynch
FB Brian Leonard
CB Aaron Ross
CB Josh Wilson
S Michael Griffin
DT Alan Branch
DT Amobi Okoye

Do people actually think Kyle Young is going to go first day?

Half the guys on your board we won't have a chance to draft.

MiStar

Reaction score
A couple guys that would make great additions in the first round:

Anthony Spencer DE, Purdue
Reggie Nelson FS, Florida
Justin Blaylock OG/OT, Texas
Alan Branch DT, Michigan

A couple guys that I would stay away from in the first round:

Ted Ginn Jr. WR, Ohio State
Levi Brown OT, Penn State
Paul Pozluzney LB, Penn State
Micheal Bush RB, Louisville
Any Texas DB

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rush 2112;1298164 said:
Do people actually think Kyle Young is going to go first day?

Half the guys on your board we won't have a chance to draft.

what do you mean half..the only ones that are a remote reach are Alan Branch and Marshawn Lynch....every other player is either around us or 2nd round possibly....

please go do research on various sites...and i have read about 20 different sites....before you make your statements.

now of course once the scouting combine happens.....the ducks will fall in a row....

baj1dallas

Reaction score
RxMan;1297626 said:
Like Fasano?

Problem with that statement is Fasano wasn't the best guy available.

Anyway just say "take the best player available, as long as he will have a chance of seeing the field".

burmafrd

Reaction score
On our draft board he was. You have to remain true to your board or you really screw up by the numbers.

JBS

Reaction score
What do you guys think about Amobi Okoye? He will be a 20 year old rookie in the NFL and is a mamouth at defensive tackle.

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
I hope we draft O and D-line mainly in this draft. I see the Eagles O-line and am really jealous.

My first pick would be Justin Blalock. I think he will be available at our pick.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The 1st day, you need to come away with a guard/tackle/Wide Receiver, that's if you get a pass rushing OLB in FA. Build this Oline, let's not "B.S." with it anymore.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Biggems;1298401 said:
what do you mean half..the only ones that are a remote reach are Alan Branch and Marshawn Lynch....every other player is either around us or 2nd round possibly....

please go do research on various sites...and i have read about 20 different sites....before you make your statements.

now of course once the scouting combine happens.....the ducks will fall in a row....

Internet scouting equals research.

Got it.

What does your internet research tell you about Kyle Young?

Silverstar

Reaction score
Marshall has some interesting prospects coming out and they might be worth a look on the second day.

WR Hiram Moore 6-0 195

OT Seth Cook 6-4 335
OT Wesley Jones 6-5 330

DT Juan Underwood 6-3 325
DT Chris Terrell 6-5 325

ILB Brandon Souder 6-2 235
OLB Matt Couch 6-2 235

SS Curtis Keyes 6-0 205

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
A little internet search came up with some intersting 2007 darft day issues

1st Round

New England has a #1 from Seattle (WR Deion Branch)
2nd Round
New York Jets have a #2 from Washington (2006 draft-day trade)
Tampa Bay has a #2 from Indianapolis (DT Anthony McFarland)

3rd Round

Cincinnati forfeits its 3rd round pick (LB Ahmad Brooks - 2006 supplemental draft)
Denver has a 3rd round pick from Washington (WR Ashley Lelie in 3-way deal with Atlanta)

4th Round

San Francisco has a #4 from Washington (WR Brandon Lloyd)
San Francisco has a conditional #4 from the Jets (RB Kevan Barlow/ pick could escalate depending on playing time and productivity)
Tennessee has a #4 from Baltimore (QB Steve McNair)
New Orleans has a #4 from Kansas City (RB Michael Bennett)
New Orleans has a conditional #4 pick from Philadelphia (WR Donte Stallworth/could escalate to a #3 if Stallworth signs a contract extension with the Eagles.)

5th Round

Oakland has a #5 from New England (WR Doug Gabriel)
St. Louis has a #5 from Buffalo (DE Anthony Hargrove)

6th Round

Dallas has a conditional 6th rounder from NY Jets (DB Pete Hunter; pick could have escalated to as much as a 5th round pick in 2006, however, Hunter was released in 2005)
Kansas City has a 6th from Dallas (LB Scott Fujita)
Detroit has a #6 from Miami (QB Joey Harrington...pick could escalate to a #5 if Harrington meets certain playing time requirements)
Tennessee has a #6 from Indianapolis (2006 draft-day trade)

Tennessee has a #6 round pick from San Diego (QB Billy Volek/ could escalate to a5th rounder depending on playing time)

7th Round

Dallas has a #7 from New Orleans (LB Scott Shanle)
Green Bay may have a #7 from NY Jets (OT Steve Morley)
NY Jets may have a #7 from Detroit (DB Jon McGraw)
Cleveland has a #7 from San Francisco (QB Trent Dilfer)
New England has a conditional #7 from Arizona (OT Brandon Gorin; could escalate to a 6th rounder depending on productivity)

Chicago has a conditional #7 from Cleveland (C Lenny Friedman)
Dallas has a #7 from the Jets (TE Sean Ryan)
Other

New Orleans has a conditional late-round pick from Atlanta (OT Wayne Gandy)
Indianapolis has an undisclosed conditional pick from Baltimore (DB Gerome Sapp)
Cincinnati has an undisclosed conitional pick from St. Louis (QB David Ragone/did not make final roster)
New England has an undisclosed conditional pick from Cleveland (C Ross Tucker/did not make roster)

San Fransico has an undisclosed pick from the NY Jets (RB Kevan Barlow)
The Jets have a 6th or 7th pick from Tampa Bay (TE Doug Jolley)
The Jets have an undisclosed pick from Minnesota (QB Brooks Bollinger)
Oakland has an undisclosed pick from the Jets (DE Bobby Hamilton)
Baltimore has an undisclosed pick from Indianapolis (DE Ryan LaCasse)

TDHND

Reaction score
I'm sure this has probably already been mentioned,but I haven't been on here in awhile. I was wondering what the early thoughts on what positions we'll go after in the draft. I've only seen like one mock draft,so I don't know what the predictions are. I know that there's still a lot of time for players to declare for the draft and such,but was just curious.