Once again Jerry achieved his goal

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I believe the embarrassment with the Packers was their rock bottom.

The change has begun in the form of contracts not being renewed early and players allowed to leave. Also the 1 year contracts for coaches

2024 season will probably be disappointing but the FO is seemingly willing to sacrifice it for the greater good
no its not. they will go lower. and there will be more spin.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I guess you havent seen the graphic where the Cowboys are bottom 3 in actual cash spent have you? Its been posted on here. There have been threads about it.

You must have glazed over those.
That’s just spin. The bottom line is they max out their salary cap yearly and it doesn’t matter how they do it. Means they can’t sign anyone else without restructuring, cutting or trading players.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That’s just spin. The bottom line is they max out their salary cap yearly and it doesn’t matter how they do it. Means they can’t sign anyone else without restructuring, cutting or trading players.
LOL.

What you are doing is spin.

The actual facts of cash expenditure are not spin.

The cap isnt the issue. The issue is that they say they do one thing when they dont.

Go look at the money spent on outside FA's since Brandon Carr.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I guess you havent seen the graphic where the Cowboys are bottom 3 in actual cash spent have you? Its been posted on here. There have been threads about it.

You must have glazed over those.
This year cap will be spent. What you are talking about is future cap $'s have not been spent to improve this years team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LOL.

What you are doing is spin.

The actual facts of cash expenditure are not spin.

The cap isnt the issue. The issue is that they say they do one thing when they dont.

Go look at the money spent on outside FA's since Brandon Carr.
You can’t spend more than the cap. What is it about that you can’t understand?

Chasing6

Reaction score
You can definitely spend the future cap that benefits this year and hurts you in the future. That is considered going all in. GM Jethro is doing the opposite of that right now. He is trying to clear up future cap space now at the expense of letting all of our FA's walk and basically signing no one in FA.

It is a strategy for the future. Time well tell if it ends up working or not.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Music and professional football….completely different skill sets. I’m pretty sure Mick Jagger can’t tackle and Micah Parsons can’t sing professionally.

Are you saying since Cowboys haven’t even been close to a SB in nearly 30 years we‘re supposed to just remember “the oldies but goodies”?
why do you make such assumptions. Nobody said anything about kiving off the past. But if following pro sports is only about being a fan of the winning team, Id be a Chiefs fan right now. I mean, they have an amazing coach and front office right????? bahahahhahahaha, what a load of absolute BULL......

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You can definitely spend the future cap that benefits this year and hurts you in the future. That is considered going all in. GM Jethro is doing the opposite of that right now. He is trying to clear up future cap space now at the expense of letting all of our FA's walk and basically signing no one in FA.

It is a strategy for the future. Time well tell if it ends up working or not.
and if they did blow a bunch of future cap money and it didnt work, then youd be complaining how stupid they were for spending all that cap money.

Kind of like trying to deal with the middle east.

Chasing6

Reaction score
and if they did blow a bunch of future cap money and it didnt work, then youd be complaining how stupid they were for spending all that cap money.

Kind of like trying to deal with the middle east.
The cap keeps going up. If your team is close you don't intentionally go backwards. Maybe you want Jerry to go all in when we suck to get us back to mediocrity.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I have been saying it for a while along with a few others. Jerry's goal is not championship, it's franchise value. Make more money.

And he went cheap this off season, lots of turmoil, etc. I am not going to rehash those as everyone knows plenty.

But Cowboys are on national TV every week this upcoming season. Somehow a franchise that hasn't accomplished squat in 28 plus years is as big a draw as KC.

So tell me again why he has to change his way?

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/cowb...-game-on-national-tv-this-season-01hy1mmb0rm1
The goal is "be relevant".

Cowboys=SuperBowl

Reaction score
Well, I will NOT be buying any merchandise nor going to AT&T this year. I will be attending the Carolina game, in NC.

I have been saying it for a while along with a few others. Jerry's goal is not championship, it's franchise value. Make more money.

And he went cheap this off season, lots of turmoil, etc. I am not going to rehash those as everyone knows plenty.

But Cowboys are on national TV every week this upcoming season. Somehow a franchise that hasn't accomplished squat in 28 plus years is as big a draw as KC.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/cowb...-game-on-national-tv-this-season-01hy1mmb0rm1

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL. Spin.

No, it's an actual fact.

Sydla

Reaction score
The person having problems understanding the cap is you.

No, you can't spend more than the cap. But the Cowboys have the ability to increase their space under the cap and refused to do so to improve their team in FA this year. You are being duped by the Jones but apparently don't care.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The person having problems understanding the cap is you.

No, you can't spend more than the cap. But the Cowboys have the ability to increase their space under the cap and refused to do so to improve their team in FA this year. You are being duped by the Jones but apparently don't care.
Of course the Jones can manipulate the cap to sign free agents. But think about it. The just signed Diggs to a big contract, now they need to sign Dak, Cee Dee, Micah soon, Bland soon. There’s only so much cap. You have to plan years in the future. You Madden players thinks it’s so easy.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Yes, Jerry is going to sell the product first, but it's up to the entire team to overcome this.
If they want to become champions, it's on the players first if you're on this franchise, this roster.
The only way I can see this team coming together, despite the coaches and FO, is players first that
set an example on team leadership, and I'm not certain we even have a team captain worthy of the title yet.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Jerry isn't going to change, fans hope he will, but it won't happen. Also, Jerrell's spawn that will take over the GM role once he passes will not be better.

Always wondered why people that have lifetimes of money will go to the ends of the earth for more.
Charlotte Jones is smart, respected around the league and doesn’t seek the spotlight.

She’s the only hope for change.