Once again players win and lose games

Zman5

Reaction score
In a race, a Porche with an average driver beats a VW Beatle with an ace driver everytime...assuming no cheating.

You are right, but the problem is, Porche with an average driver loses to a Porche with an ace driver everytime. We (Porche with an average driver) beat most of the VW Beatles this year but lost to the Porche with an ace drivers. And this is why JG hasn't had any playoff success. Every team in the playoffs is a Porche.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And who teaches them how to execute and the consequences for not executing.
And of course we all know there are no consequences in Dallas. Whose fault is that
Are you asking who teaches them how to throw and catch a ball, or how to hold on to it, without fumbling it away to the other team? There were plenty of games in which it seemed like they knew very well how to do those things, so maybe they all have ADD or early onset Alzheimer's...but not much the coaches can do about that.

The coaches have their faults, and they've cost the team some games, but this was on the players.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I think the point is the coaches did their job of putting players in the right play call to make plays. Those players even got into position to do so. But they failed to finish those plays. People bag on the "scheme" all the time but if receivers are open isn't that what the coaches goal is?
It’s called preparation dude. It’s common sense, don’t you think.

CB61

Reaction score
I get your point we just don't know what the hell is going on with this team it's so discombobulated it isn't even funny to play like they did against the Rams and then come back and completely disappear it's just mind-blowing
And honestly I blame Jerry Jones for the culture in Dallas a lot! I don't know if you can blame him much for performing like they did against the Rams and then completely not showing up against the Eagles? Unless he's down there sticking his nose on the field during practice who knows?

CB61

Reaction score
Got to agree with you there I see teams that aren't very talented they're very prepared and they win games or are consistently in them and don't fall to pieces like we have several times this year

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you asking who teaches them how to throw and catch a ball, or how to hold on to it, without fumbling it away to the other team? There were plenty of games in which it seemed like they knew very well how to do those things, so maybe they all have ADD or early onset Alzheimer's...but not much the coaches can do about that.

The coaches have their faults, and they've cost the team some games, but this was on the players.
There are players who simply don't show up or at least don't show up at times. That's on them. But when the whole defense is playing at 75% and we lose to a team like the jets? Or Bears? Or Eagles? that's on coaches and is why we're sitting home again at seasons end.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There are players who simply don't show up or at least don't show up at times. That's on them. But when the whole defense is playing at 75% and we lose to a team like the jets? Or Bears? Or Eagles? that's on coaches and is why we're sitting home again at seasons end.
As I said, there are games the coaches are responsible for losing. From what I saw, the Eagles game wasn't one of them. Dak was throwing like a high school backup QB, and the receivers weren't playing much better. They were getting open all game long, so scheme wasn't a problem on offense. The Eagles got the ball with a short field and scored off a fumble by Pollard, which I can't blame the coaches for. The defense was missing tackles (and we've seen them make tackles before, so it can't be that they haven't been taught how) and was on the field far too long, in part because the offense could sustain drives. (again, thanks to the QB and receivers)

So I don't even know what to blame the coaches for in this game.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What preparation are you talking about, exactly? The players knew what time the game was, and they've been practicing throwing, catching, and tackling most of their lives. The play calling had them in position to make plays, they simply didn't do their part.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

If a QB can't hit a wide open receiver, if receivers can't catch uncontested balls. Wth they doing in the NFL? This isn't me out there. They been preparing their whole adult lives.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
In the end, coaches are held accountable for their records, specifically in the playoffs. Otherwise, Rich Kotite would still be around.

Dre11

Reaction score
No way. If he's a coach, he's a terrible one.
lol... we just won the MIAA championship and ranked 25th in the nation, was announced on the field at Ravens/Jets game with a fired Michael Irvin that gave the team a speech in the tunnel.

Dre11

Reaction score
True.

Look at my teams biggest coaching error. The “2nd and wrong” in SB 49 when the OC “got cute” with the play call. The crap play call cost my team a Lombardi trophy.
Bad coaching costs teams games every week.

Show me a coach that says plays fail 100% of the time because of execution, and I’ll show you a crappy play caller and crappy coach.

execution is what makes a play work, if it fails, it's because the execution wasn't right.