Once again players win and lose games

kskboys

Reaction score
execution is what makes a play work, if it fails, it's because the execution wasn't right.
Or because the D balled out. Or because there was a facet of the play that made it not work. Or because the someone slipped. Or because the other team was better.

How in the world are you a coach in your little black and white world?

Dre11

Reaction score
Or because the D balled out. Or because there was a facet of the play that made it not work. Or because the someone slipped. Or because the other team was better.

How in the world are you a coach in your little black and white world?

all plays are designed to work. if you out execute your opponent , the play works. if the defense ball out and stops or, it's because they out executed you, which is why the team that execute the best wins...lol

ondaedg

Reaction score
I hope Garrett is sent packing the second this season is over and he cant take all his assistants with him.

I will, however, concede that this game was lost by the players on the field. Dak either sailing or skipping balls, receivers dropping passes that they should have easily made, Pollard fumbling when we were in scoring position, the defense not forcing turnovers against a very depleted Eagles roster, it goes on and on.

In hindsight could we have done things schematically different? I'm sure we could have but hindsight is 20/20 and in all reality, whatever the gameplan was, it created enough opportunities for us to win the game and we just didnt get it done.

Like I said, I am no fan of Garrett and I am more then ready to move on, but this game was very winnable with the gameplan we used but you cant drop multiple passes, make errant throws many times and think the offense is going to hum along on the road in what is essentially a playoff game.

Garrett has, in my opinion, had more then enough time to turn this thing around and get this team further In the playoffs then he has, and that goes way beyond one game against the eagles, that's what will ultimately get him fired.

This game wasnt on Garrett but it adds on to an already disappointing season that he also played a roll in. Ill give @Dre11 this one, Eagles game was lost by underachieving players, but this season as a whole? Garrett needs to take responsibility for his role in the outcome as well.

Agreed. When players underperform for a whole season the gaze has to turn to the coaches.