Once again players win and lose games

black label

Reaction score
Don't care what you say...that clip is what dak is all about. An EASY wide open pass. And this isn't the only one. Don't act like this is an exception. It's CONSTANT and sickening.
Daks been Injured his entire career cause it looks just like sundays performance

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
If that were 100% true there would be no need for coaches at all.
True.

Look at my teams biggest coaching error. The “2nd and wrong” in SB 49 when the OC “got cute” with the play call. The crap play call cost my team a Lombardi trophy.
Bad coaching costs teams games every week.

Show me a coach that says plays fail 100% of the time because of execution, and I’ll show you a crappy play caller and crappy coach.

romothesavior

Reaction score
what's funny is the same ones disputing it, they're the ones who run around here and say he only had any success because of Romo, who's a player, or because he's had the talent, which are players...lol
Literally no one says the players don't matter. You're the only one living in this black-and-white, absolutist universe.

romothesavior

Reaction score
What is so frustrating about this discussion is that you (and the handful of others who make this point) view the world in absolutes. In your mind, there is no nuance at all to this game.

Good players get you 80-90% of the way there and can absolutely mask a bad gameplan. No one has ever once argued that the players don't make a difference.

But in a league where everyone is a professional and the margins are razor thin, the coaching can make a huge difference.

Coy

Reaction score
For the 800th time, Dak is injured. Sheeeeeez.

Well both the team and him say he is perfectly OK, he wasn’t even in the injury report.
And if he were, then maybe Rush would have performed better because he sucked big time.
That video was brutal to watch.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is stunningly ignorant.

No one who has an ounce of football knowledge could honestly believe this.

Just a quick question....

Coaches are supposed to put a healthy and knowledgeable game plan together. Then help the players adjust through the game. Are they doing that?

2nd question....most seem to think not.....not us. So why not go "rogue". These guys have been doing this since little kids. If Garret and co suck so BAD.....to the point palyers are complaining....then why are they doing the same insanity over and over? They should know as much as we do.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
no amount of coaching changes this. the game was lost between the white lines

Garrett is gone. What is the point of keeping up the defense of him? So next year if we struggle you can say i told you so?

CB61

Reaction score
The players have been doing this FOREVER. Since they were little kids. You are telling me they can't opt out into a play of their own choosing.....and EXECUTE it?

If these coaches are SO bad...then do it. Let the coaches rant on the sideline. Then go out and call your own plays.

I get it....good coaches can watch from on high and call the plays that help players succeed. But "everyone" is saying these coaches can;t. So ...the players should be able to call plays just as well....right?
Yes they can but it almost looked like they did that against Philadelphia? They still need direction and a good coach for the simple reason is that everybody has their own idea about to do things including on this form so without Direction it becomes mass chaos like the analogy? LOL

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This article is 100% true with the exception that Garrett needed to make but changes to have Cooper and Elliott on the field that last play he chose to stand there and stare out onto the field instead? If he had any clue how to make in-game adjustments he might have thrown Cooper rush in there for a series to see if that could change the momentum or maybe lift the offense? There's many different things you could have done a lot of coaches wouldn't have done this but when you're desperate you have to think outside the box and instead he stares into the abyss
We've seen Cooper Rush enough to know he's not going to save this team, no matter how badly Dak is playing. Rush is the guy who might not lose the game if he gets put in there when we're up by three scores in the 4th quarter.

CB61

Reaction score
We've seen Cooper Rush enough to know he's not going to save this team, no matter how badly Dak is playing. Rush is the guy who might not lose the game if he gets put in there when we're up by three scores in the 4th quarter.
I'm well aware of that I was making a comparison of trying to do something when you're desperate as opposed to staring into the abyss like Garrett does but I was really saying was hoping he would do something? I wasn't really trying to hammer home the point that Cooper Rush would have been our savior I've been around long enough to know the difference LOL

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes they can but it almost looked like they did that against Philadelphia? They still need direction and a good coach for the simple reason is that everybody has their own idea about to do things including on this form so without Direction it becomes mass chaos like the analogy? LOL

Well..to be honest with you...I;'m just throwing out straws here. But if the QB calls a play...or an audible...then isn't everyone on the same page? The QB shoudl be able to cvall a play that everyone knows....and should work based on what he;s facing. "Good" qb;s audible out with a different play all the time..somehow players are not in chaos mode.

CB61

Reaction score
Well..to be honest with you...I;'m just throwing out straws here. But if the QB calls a play...or an audible...then isn't everyone on the same page? The QB shoudl be able to cvall a play that everyone knows....and should work based on what he;s facing. "Good" qb;s audible out with a different play all the time..somehow players are not in chaos mode.
I get your point we just don't know what the hell is going on with this team it's so discombobulated it isn't even funny to play like they did against the Rams and then come back and completely disappear it's just mind-blowing

Valkyr

Reaction score
If Garrett doesn't have much to do with winning or losing games, then no one should care if he's fired.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they put the gameplan together nobody ever disputed that. BUT NO PLAN WORKS UNLESS THE PLAYERS EXECUTE IT IN BETWEEN THE LINES. ALL GAMEPLANS ARE PUT TOGETHER TO WIN, IT'S THE ONES EXECUTED THE BEST ARE THE ONES THAT WIN. any coach or player will tell you that.
And who teaches them how to execute and the consequences for not executing.
And of course we all know there are no consequences in Dallas. Whose fault is that