Once again, the goalposts move on Dak

Yobwocs

Reaction score
That was an 8-1 team that he tore apart and yet we still have people saying it's the defense, it's Pollard, it's the Vikings stinking it up.

Sure the defense was near perfect, but the guy responsible for like 10 out of the first 12 relevant 3rd downs was Dak Prescott - essentially giving the defense overall 10 less minutes of work to do. The final stat is Dallas 37 min, Minnesota 23 on time of possession but it's actually closer to 40-20 if we didn't let up a bit after going up 30-3 and then putting in Cooper Rush. Pollard had more receiving yards than rushing yards and unless you all saw a different game than me, it was Dak dotting that rainbow to Pollard on that 68 yard touchdown.

Just wondering why the goalposts always move on Dak. When the Bills flopped against the Jets and the same Vikings team we thrashed, it's McDermott, it's Frazier, it's the secondary, it's someone else but not Allen. While the Chargers are mediocre once again, it's Brandon Staley but not Herbert. But when the Cowboys lost to the Packers, the thunder came down in a blistering stream of bitterness and the scapegoat is always Dak.

Cmac

Reaction score
That was an 8-1 team that he tore apart and yet we still have people saying it's the defense, it's Pollard, it's the Vikings stinking it up.

Sure the defense was near perfect, but the guy responsible for like 10 out of the first 12 relevant 3rd downs was Dak Prescott - essentially giving the defense overall 10 less minutes of work to do. The final stat is Dallas 37 min, Minnesota 23 on time of possession but it's actually closer to 40-20 if we didn't let up a bit after going up 30-3 and then putting in Cooper Rush. Pollard had more receiving yards than rushing yards and unless you all saw a different game than me, it was Dak dotting that rainbow to Pollard on that 68 yard touchdown.

Just wondering why the goalposts always move on Dak. When the Bills flopped against the Jets and the same Vikings team we thrashed, it's McDermott, it's Frazier, it's the secondary, it's someone else but not Allen. While the Chargers are mediocre once again, it's Brandon Staley but not Herbert. But when the Cowboys lost to the Packers, the thunder came down in a blistering stream of bitterness and the scapegoat is always Dak.
.....or the go to move....Zeke. This is the Board, it is what it is. SMH. Wait until Thursday.....too much Skip Bayless.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Both of those QBs you list are on another talent level to Dak, some may not like that but it's 100% true.
I'd guess 30 teams woukd want those 2 as their QB

NumOneQB

Reaction score
The same handful of posters continue to scream the loudest on this board. It’s a comical personal hate they’ll never let go because they’re still swinging off Romo’s nutsack (for some reason). I had one of them send me a because I posted that none of the other 31 NFL teams would take Rush over Dak. Ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Both of those QBs you list are on another talent level to Dak, some may not like that but it's 100% true.

Well of course because most teams don't have a QB, but no..... teams don't trade their guy for another guy in a swap meet like that. And I say you exaggerate on that talent discrepancy too.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Outside of the 25-yard pass that Pollard turned into a 68-yard TD, Dak threw for 208 yards.....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. Dallas ran for 151 yards and 2 td's on 40 attempts....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. The Dallas defense held Minnesota to 3 points on 183 total yards while forcing 1 turnover and amassing 7 sacks....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. On 3rd downs Dallas went 12 of 17 with the following break downs:

Dallas rushing: 8 of 9 1 TD (Dak rushed for 1 of the 1st downs)
Dallas passing: 4 of 7 1 TD (Rush passed for 1 of the 1st downs)

...but remind me again how Dak tore the team apart. The Dallas offense had 70 total plays wherein 40 of those plays were rushes and 30 were passes....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart.

If you want to say Dak played a good game, that is fair.....but to pretend that Dak carried the team when stats tell a different story then you just look foolish.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Outside of the 25-yard pass that Pollard turned into a 68-yard TD, Dak threw for 208 yards.....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. Dallas ran for 151 yards and 2 td's on 40 attempts....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. The Dallas defense held Minnesota to 3 points on 183 total yards while forcing 1 turnover and amassing 7 sacks....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. On 3rd downs Dallas went 12 of 17 with the following break downs:

Dallas rushing: 8 of 9 1 TD (Dak rushed for 1 of the 1st downs)
Dallas passing: 4 of 7 1 TD (Rush passed for 1 of the 1st downs)

...but remind me again how Dak tore the team apart. The Dallas offense had 70 total plays wherein 40 of those plays were rushes and 30 were passes....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart.

If you want to say Dak played a good game, that is fair.....but to pretend that Dak carried the team when stats tell a different story then you just look foolish.
He got lucky that when he obliviously ran face first into a sack the guy just whiffed.
Also his deep ball to noah brown was turrible

Last edited:

Macnalty

Reaction score
Dak is earning the big bucks and not dominating is always the main tag on him. He is saddled up and we go as he goes IMO. Great Defense or not.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Thing is, this game showed that you can win a championship even without the best QB. You just need a reliable QB who doesn't make mistakes.

And yesterday Dak did just that. With Cooper we'd probably also have won, maybe 20 - 10 or something. But the way Dak managed the game was just perfect. Just look at our posession time in the first half. The best defense will always be your offense, when they're on the field. And they delivered in clutch situations. Pulling away at the end of the first half was the reason for the win.

And the second key factor to me was, that THIS TIME both, defense and offense complemented each other. As in, one didn't waste the gifts from the other. Man, if they could bring a little consistency to that, NO ONE could beat us.

But that's the one thing left to critizise: lack of consistency. Whether it's Dak, the recevers, defense, coaching... in the play offs all that matter ist consistency, as each game can kick you out. So let's see if they can find it somewhere along the way.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Everyone played well. But i cant say this win is on dak, i mean really? Yall bag on rush for throwing for this amount of yards. Defense nearly perfect, excellent run game, dak did play well, complete team win.

streetcredit

Reaction score
A solid Cooper Rush performance, running game and defense, this just happened to be against a below average defense that was missing players.
The defense was the star of the game, not to mention that Vikings didn't focus on running the ball.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
No goalpost moving from me, just the same:

- Do not turn the ball over.
- Be efficient/ Hit your targets
- Do not change the play call to risky over the middle passes when is not a necessity (take what the defense gives you).

You know, NFL QB normal stuff.

Over defending a pro athlete when he does not perform (or when he performs well) is as bad a look as bashing him, keep it in the middle.

foofighters

Reaction score

This topic is so MEH. Last week the Dak haters went over board and now this week it’s flipped to the other side. Dak had a great game but then so did Pollard and so did the defense.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
It's a lot about agenda and less about the real truth. ;);)

Dak has flaws, but he's not half as bad as some will lead you to believe.

bet you @leeblair is nowhere to be found today>

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Weird, I actually thought the critics of Dak have been pretty quiet and respectful. It's next to impossible to criticize a game like that.
I would have to disagree, literally every other thread last week was a bash Dak thread.

It's the same routine every week. We lose, it's Dak's fault, we win, it's because of the play of everyone else.

Same could be said for MM.