Once again, the goalposts move on Dak

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The Dak critics love to bash daily 24/7 and make ridiculous accusations against Dak, but when Dak performs this well, you either hear crickets or excuses. Never full accountability of being proven wrong. On rare occasions do a handful few admit they were wrong. The overwhelming majority refuse.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thing is, this game showed that you can win a championship even without the best QB. You just need a reliable QB who doesn't make mistakes.

And yesterday Dak did just that. With Cooper we'd probably also have won, maybe 20 - 10 or something. But the way Dak managed the game was just perfect. Just look at our posession time in the first half. The best defense will always be your offense, when they're on the field. And they delivered in clutch situations. Pulling away at the end of the first half was the reason for the win.

And the second key factor to me was, that THIS TIME both, defense and offense complemented each other. As in, one didn't waste the gifts from the other. Man, if they could bring a little consistency to that, NO ONE could beat us.

But that's the one thing left to critizise: lack of consistency. Whether it's Dak, the recevers, defense, coaching... in the play offs all that matter ist consistency, as each game can kick you out. So let's see if they can find it somewhere along the way.
Funny you should mention this. In the previous game (GB), that's all we heard is how the defense squandered the game. I rewatched some of the beginning.....and wondered why those same people didn't mention how the defense helped build that 28 point lead to begin with.

You are spot on....this team could be dominant if they feed off each other.

I am a little curious how "goal posts moved". This is the Dak his....critics...have been asking for. I must have missed all the bad comments since I don;t do game day much.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Outside of the 25-yard pass that Pollard turned into a 68-yard TD, Dak threw for 208 yards.....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. Dallas ran for 151 yards and 2 td's on 40 attempts....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. The Dallas defense held Minnesota to 3 points on 183 total yards while forcing 1 turnover and amassing 7 sacks....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. On 3rd downs Dallas went 12 of 17 with the following break downs:

Dallas rushing: 8 of 9 1 TD (Dak rushed for 1 of the 1st downs)
Dallas passing: 4 of 7 1 TD (Rush passed for 1 of the 1st downs)

...but remind me again how Dak tore the team apart. The Dallas offense had 70 total plays wherein 40 of those plays were rushes and 30 were passes....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart.

If you want to say Dak played a good game, that is fair.....but to pretend that Dak carried the team when stats tell a different story then you just look foolish.
Total and complete embarrassment ^^^^

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would have to disagree, literally every other thread last week was a bash Dak thread.

It's the same routine every week. We lose, it's Dak's fault, we win, it's because of the play of everyone else.

Same could be said for MM.
Well...didnt; dak deserve some of the bashing last week?

Yes...yes he did.

And don;t give me this crap about JUST the defense lost the 28 point lead. I just watched it...the defense helped GET that 28 point lead.

The offense did nothing to help the defense when THEY needed it.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This topic is so MEH. Last week the Dak haters went over board and now this week it’s flipped to the other side. Dak had a great game but then so did Pollard and so did the defense.
This….goalposts aren’t moving, it’s simply that 80% of posters could care less how much credit gets dished out to one player and get tired of the constant dak overreactions.

Most would rather discuss any other topic because any down to earth dak take gets hijacked by both sides saying how dak is either a god, or a worse person than Stalin

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Well...didnt; dak deserve some of the bashing last week?

Yes...yes he did.

And don;t give me this crap about JUST the defense lost the 28 point lead. I just watched it...the defense helped GET that 28 point lead.

The offense did nothing to help the defense when THEY needed it.
Thank you for making my point!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I missed a LOT of the game. Frm what I saw..Dak played well. I will have to rewatch it to dig down on it.

Army vet is laying out some stats.....can you briefly tell me your objections?
Nah, because he's made it personal with me, and I'm not going to hold back on him anymore. I would rather not opine.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you for making my point!
I have made no point for you. You just pretending I did? hilarious.

Dak SHARED every bit of blame as anyone else. What other point are you trying to make? Dak had ZERO blame?

Okay dude...whatever you need to tell yourself. Have at it!

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I have made no point for you. You just pretending I did? hilarious.

Dak SHARED every bit of blame as anyone else. What other point are you trying to make? Dak had ZERO blame?

Okay dude...whatever you need to tell yourself. Have at it!
I will let you go this morning Steve, you need your coffee.

Ken

Reaction score
Outside of the 25-yard pass that Pollard turned into a 68-yard TD, Dak threw for 208 yards.....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. Dallas ran for 151 yards and 2 td's on 40 attempts....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. The Dallas defense held Minnesota to 3 points on 183 total yards while forcing 1 turnover and amassing 7 sacks....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. On 3rd downs Dallas went 12 of 17 with the following break downs:

Dallas rushing: 8 of 9 1 TD (Dak rushed for 1 of the 1st downs)
Dallas passing: 4 of 7 1 TD (Rush passed for 1 of the 1st downs)

...but remind me again how Dak tore the team apart. The Dallas offense had 70 total plays wherein 40 of those plays were rushes and 30 were passes....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart.

If you want to say Dak played a good game, that is fair.....but to pretend that Dak carried the team when stats tell a different story then you just look foolish.
Classic moving the goal posts.

139 qb rating tells me he tore that team apart.

You obviously saw a different game than the rest of the country.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So every time he comments you're just gonna make vague hater comments without any context?

Productive.
That's exactly what all of you Dak haters do every single day, 24/7, is it not? That's what he does 24/7!!! When y'all start acting right and being respectful, then we can talk.