Once again, the goalposts move on Dak

McMicah

Reaction score
I react emotionally after games like anyone else, but I think the moving goalpost is rooted in consistency.

Dak probably played the best game of his career this week (trying to think of another that was better as far as decision making, accuracy, use of legs, reading coverage, presnap audibles, etc). He played maybe the worst game of his career last week…. I think that’s the issue. He can do it. He does do it. But whether he does it consistently is why the goal post moves.

My 3 questions will always be:
1. Can he do it playing from behind? Yep….Consistently?
2. Can he do it after making a mistake or a bad half? yep….Consistently?
3. Can he do it 4 games in a row against good teams?….cause that’s what required for a Super Bowl

I want to believe he can

jsb357

Reaction score
team.jpg

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So every time he comments you're just gonna make vague hater comments without any context?

Productive.

Pretty much seeing as how on numerous occasions he insults my having served but that is what those emotionally invested in Dak do around here.

terra

Reaction score
I find it hilarious that supporting the QB of the team you are passionate about is called worshiping and it's being used in as a negative thing.
it it was only that it would not be a problem but only an idiot would claim its really that/

Dak has yet to show he can do it when it matters most; until then the doubt will remain and the haters will be there and the worshippers will be there; each at each others throats.

I can imagine what it would have been like if we had the forums now back when Aikman was a rookie and his first three years. He would have been worked more than Romo and Dak combined.

RS12

Reaction score
I am a non believer in Dak but will readily admit he played well yesterday. Ball placement for the most part was where it needed to be. My thing and probably most skeptics need to see it from here on out and in the post season. I think Christmas eve will be a telling game for him and the team.

terra

Reaction score
I am a non believer in Dak but will readily admit he played well yesterday. Ball placement for the most part was where it needed to be. My thing and probably most skeptics need to see it from here on out and in the post season. I think Christmas eve will be a telling game for him and the team.
he played about as well as you could expect any QB to play
BUT to prove himself elite he must not only do this again and again he has to do it in the playoffs

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Its a desperate look.

And definitely not Alpha. More Amateur than Alpha.

Scrolling message boards to trigger. What a fulfilling task.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This. Honest but respectful and gave credit where credit was due. Thank you.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
just like Dak worshippers never letting it go. Two sides of the same coin

Not even close. Dak’s detractors hate him on a personal level. It’s easy to spot even with limited comprehension ability. There is no constructive criticism of his play. Zero.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Classic moving the goal posts.

139 qb rating tells me he tore that team apart.

You obviously saw a different game than the rest of the country.

So I guess the 107.5 qb rating Cooper Rush had against WASH means he tore them apart? How about the 133.7 qb rating Jacoby Brissett got against the Bengals when he went 17 of 22 for 278 yards and 1 td? How about the Panthers PJ Walker's 126.5 qb rating vs. TB when he went 16 of 22 for 177 yards and 2 TD's?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As most of you regulars know, I am not a Dak fan. But I concede that was a fine performance and probably the best game I have ever seen him play. A big part of that was the play calling as Moore committed to the run and Dak made the throws when called upon.

The question now is can they play like this consistently. I think Dak showed the kind of poise that has eluded him in big games against playoff caliber teams.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
That was an 8-1 team that he tore apart and yet we still have people saying it's the defense, it's Pollard, it's the Vikings stinking it up.

Sure the defense was near perfect, but the guy responsible for like 10 out of the first 12 relevant 3rd downs was Dak Prescott - essentially giving the defense overall 10 less minutes of work to do. The final stat is Dallas 37 min, Minnesota 23 on time of possession but it's actually closer to 40-20 if we didn't let up a bit after going up 30-3 and then putting in Cooper Rush. Pollard had more receiving yards than rushing yards and unless you all saw a different game than me, it was Dak dotting that rainbow to Pollard on that 68 yard touchdown.

Just wondering why the goalposts always move on Dak. When the Bills flopped against the Jets and the same Vikings team we thrashed, it's McDermott, it's Frazier, it's the secondary, it's someone else but not Allen. While the Chargers are mediocre once again, it's Brandon Staley but not Herbert. But when the Cowboys lost to the Packers, the thunder came down in a blistering stream of bitterness and the scapegoat is always Dak.
It was the Dallas Cowboys as an entire team that destroyed the Vikings. Everyone doing their part. Need about ten more of these to be what we all want to be.

Brax

Reaction score
That was an 8-1 team that he tore apart and yet we still have people saying it's the defense, it's Pollard, it's the Vikings stinking it up.

Sure the defense was near perfect, but the guy responsible for like 10 out of the first 12 relevant 3rd downs was Dak Prescott - essentially giving the defense overall 10 less minutes of work to do. The final stat is Dallas 37 min, Minnesota 23 on time of possession but it's actually closer to 40-20 if we didn't let up a bit after going up 30-3 and then putting in Cooper Rush. Pollard had more receiving yards than rushing yards and unless you all saw a different game than me, it was Dak dotting that rainbow to Pollard on that 68 yard touchdown.

Just wondering why the goalposts always move on Dak. When the Bills flopped against the Jets and the same Vikings team we thrashed, it's McDermott, it's Frazier, it's the secondary, it's someone else but not Allen. While the Chargers are mediocre once again, it's Brandon Staley but not Herbert. But when the Cowboys lost to the Packers, the thunder came down in a blistering stream of bitterness and the scapegoat is always Dak.
It's not the goal posts that move it's the QB play, a great game or 2 then you get the 36 qbr games and folks wonder why there are 2 camps. Didn't have this in 2016 when he played within in talent level, when everything is perfect he's very good, unfortunately when adversity strikes, he under performs. If it doesn't happen soon with this D and offensive talent then the 2 sides will continue on. As for Allen, I guess you never saw him play, don't forget that 8-1 team was a underdog at home so the experts didn't buy into that record, kind of like the giants record.

Ken

Reaction score
So I guess the 107.5 qb rating Cooper Rush had against WASH means he tore them apart? How about the 133.7 qb rating Jacoby Brissett got against the Bengals when he went 17 of 22 for 278 yards and 1 td? How about the Panthers PJ Walker's 126.5 qb rating vs. TB when he went 16 of 22 for 177 yards and 2 TD's?
Yes...now you are getting it.

Maybe sit this one out for a few days and hope Dak plays bad on Thanksgiving.