Twitter: One AFC defensive coach, Cowboys need to give Zeke some of Dak money

Haimerej

Reaction score
But which of Dak's yards in that game were of the "empty" variety.

All of them. They lost the game.

He had like 150 yards and two TDs in the first quarter when the Cowboys were ahead.

Then what happened? Why couldn't they answer against 34 straight points? Funny because you criticized Moore for his scripting of the first few plays but those plays got them up 14-7.

And he threw for like 200 yards in the 4th quarter while cutting the lead to one score. At what point did Cleveland STOP playing soft?

At some point when the score was getting closer. Citing his 4th quarter stats just proves the point. What was happening in the 2nd and 3rd quarters?

I have watched the game several times and I can point to plays throughout the game where they sent extra pass rushers after Dak. I guarantee you any thoughts about "playing soft" quickly evaporated after the Cowboys put 24 points on the board in less than 10 minutes.

Of course they adjusted.

And all of those yards could have been "meaningful" if the defense could just tackle a guy on a friggin reverse. But asking them to make more than a couple of stops in a row was clearly asking too much.

Sure. But at the same time, all those yards probably don't happen if CLE doesn't score 34 unanswered points.

starfan1

Reaction score
Well that explains his dislike for Dak.

not so sure its so much of dislike for dak as it is i must defend the star (Zeke). Steve's a good guy. been posting with him for years he just gets a bit emotional at times for me.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You seem to be very angry but I appreciate you finally answering the question. Accuracy is one thing that Dak has improved on immensely over the years to the point where Aikman took back his statement about "you can't teach accuracy" and said the Cowboys must sign this guy. Not sure where you got the "he needs to audible more". The haters were crapping on Romo for audibling too much. If you watch closely you'll see that Dak does indeed audible when needed. I mean he's been near the top of the league in passing for the past few years so his passing is obviously not the problem. The problem is the defense and special teams. It's hard to have "crunch time" heroics when your down the whole game. Again, if you've been watching you would have seen Dak do all he possible could to come back from near impossible odds to win and has done so a few times regardless.

Romo has nothing to do with my opionion on Dak. NOTHING....zero.

I'm not angry. I am baffled why you lied about me.

If we disagree on some observations...okay. Fine. I think Dak has made some mistakes or not taken full advantage of opponents, that contributed to losses... and you say not. That's fine with me.

You are in the crowd of "don't you DARE say anything but utmost praise for Dak". I am not.

It's fine. Just don't lie.

I will say it again, slowly....since you have troubel with my opinion history.

I
am
okay
with
Dak
as
my
QB.
He
is
good
enough
for
us
to
win.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Romo has nothing to do with my opionion on Dak. NOTHING....zero.

I'm not angry. I am baffled why you lied about me.

If we disagree on some observations...okay. Fine. I think Dak has made some mistakes or not taken full advantage of opponents, that contributed to losses... and you say not. That's fine with me.

You are in the crowd of "don't you DARE say anything but utmost praise for Dak". I am not.

It's fine. Just don't lie.

I will say it again, slowly....since you have troubel with my opinion history.

I
am
okay
with
Dak
as
my
QB.
He
is
good
enough
for
us
to
win.
Never said Romo did but I will say Zeke did.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
in some cases not all
zeke love = Dak denier
Romo Love = Dak Denier

How to determine a dak denier? Follow the threads and where most of their conversation takes place. Not saying that is whats happening in your present conversation but its not an uncommon theme. Cowboylover does not hate dak he just gets ticked because he thinks Zeke gets unfair critism and when dak does he thinks too many people come to his rescue. (probably because dak is a more likeable guy) Because hes a huge OSU fan and absolute Zeke Homer it bothers him and feels the need to come to zekes rescue and alot of that tends to be in the dak critic side. He probably has recorded the OSU 2014 run and watches it over and over.

anytime you side with pappy or captain crunch in a dak argument then its easy to be lumped as a hater they are the extreme. Just as you and Roy and AC are the extreme on the other side.

I choose to embrace my disdain for Zeke. its a better avenue that works for me. That said Dak is not without fault and i will be more critical of him this year than i have in the past but you are right in your assessment of the D and special teams as part of the problem.

If you lump me in with pappy...you have zero cred. ZERO!

It's possible I have "liked" a post or two. But I do NOT affiliate myself with that.

Ya wanna know what's as bad as your precious "zeke love"?

Not being able to say anything "bad" (I prefer constructive criticism" because I know how hard Dak has worked) about Dak. It makes people like rock so angry they straight up lie about what other people say.

You think that is cool because I have "zeke love" and it drives ya crazy.

How crazy? This crazy:

I have said over and over very critical things of Zeke. WAY more often WAY more critical than Dak. But it doesn't register on you.

starfan1

Reaction score
If you lump me in with pappy...you have zero cred. ZERO!

It's possible I have "liked" a post or two. But I do NOT affiliate myself with that. thats not possible thats factual you have liked several of his and the bonified haters posts

Ya wanna know what's as bad as your precious "zeke love"?

Not being able to say anything "bad" (I prefer constructive criticism" because I know how hard Dak has worked) about Dak. It makes people like rock so angry they straight up lie about what other people say.

You think that is cool because I have "zeke love" and it drives ya crazy.

How crazy? This crazy:

I have said over and over very critical things of Zeke. WAY more often WAY more critical than Dak. But it doesn't register on you.

read the post again you over sensitive goofball. I pretty much nailed everything you just said. You read one line and then equate the entire post as negative.

Not sure what you mean. Zeke has nothing to with how I feel about Dak. You guys are nuts.
thats a good one! You do you man no one really cares what you do as much as YOU do. Im not going to argue with you for 4 pages like Roc did cause I don't care that much.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
read the post again you over sensitive goofball. I pretty much nailed everything you just said. You read one line and then equate the entire post as negative.

thats a good one! You do you man no one really cares what you do as much as YOU do. Im not going to argue with you for 4 pages like Roc did cause I don't care that much.
It's probably you that needs to re-read my post.

You suggested that I can "get lumped in with pappy".

And I said *IF* you do that you are nuts. If "you" isn't YOU....that's fine.

But yes...I have taken a lot of heat from you about this, going back a long way!....so..."sensitive goofball".....hmm maybe. Not sure I could argue that one!

Still not sure what you are trying to say about "dak" and "Zeke". Have I made mentioned that some people don;t let you say ONE thing about Dak and then rip zeke to shreds? Sure. Because it's stupid. Those guys are best buds. They love each other and definitely feed off each other on the field. Why can;t WE do the same?

Oh he has funny hair and nose rings? AND a Buckeye to boot? Hmmrph.

I don;t care all that much...except I do hate liars. Simple.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
All of them. They lost the game.

Then what happened? Why couldn't they answer against 34 straight points? Funny because you criticized Moore for his scripting of the first few plays but those plays got them up 14-7.

One game does not break the trend .. Besides.. the Cowboys punted on their first possession and only a blown coverage against Lamb got the TD on the second. By the third series they would have been off script anyway sooooo..

At some point when the score was getting closer. Citing his 4th quarter stats just proves the point. What was happening in the 2nd and 3rd quarters?

Of course they adjusted.

Sure. But at the same time, all those yards probably don't happen if CLE doesn't score 34 unanswered points.

Well Dak had very little control over Zeke's fumble and his own fumble came courtesy of our genius OC leaving a UDFA tackle one on one against Myles Garrett.

The Cowboys got the ball with just under 6 minutes left in the game down 11 with a chance to cut the lead to 3 which they did. Can we agree that there is no way in hell Cleveland was "playing prevent" at any point during that drive or the next one? They could not have been playing prevent in the first quarter because they were behind.. They certainly weren't playing prevent in the 2nd quarter because owing to turnovers they didn't have to play defense for a lot of snaps in that quarter. Not counting punts the Cleveland defense was on the field for 11 snaps in the 2nd quarter. Since it remained a 1 score game until the 7:20 mark of the 2nd quarter we can safely assume they weren't playing prevent at any point up to then either. So that's 22:20 of the first half where Cleveland was either trailing or up no more than one score. Yet they "were playing prevent the whole game..." Do you really not see how stupid that sounds? Just because some softhead created a meme making an idiotic statement about what Dak did in that game doesn't make it fact. I am willing to concede that Cleveland probably DID begin to play soft once they went up 41-14 late in the 3rd quarter. But no one will convince me that they didn't come out of it after Dak carved up that zone for two quick TDs in the 4th and cut the lead to 41-30 in short order. So if people want to say they played prevent from the time they went up 41-14 with 45 seconds left in the third until they saw that turn into 41-30 9 minutes later I'm fine with it. But they didn't do it in the first half.. and they definitely didn't do it in the 3rd quarter.. so for 8-9 minutes in the 4th quarter they played soft.. Fine.. remove the Cowboys two drives in that span and Dak still has 350+ yards passing and 3 TDs..

Haimerej

Reaction score
One game does not break the trend .. Besides.. the Cowboys punted on their first possession and only a blown coverage against Lamb got the TD on the second. By the third series they would have been off script anyway sooooo..

Well Dak had very little control over Zeke's fumble and his own fumble came courtesy of our genius OC leaving a UDFA tackle one on one against Myles Garrett.

The Cowboys got the ball with just under 6 minutes left in the game down 11 with a chance to cut the lead to 3 which they did. Can we agree that there is no way in hell Cleveland was "playing prevent" at any point during that drive or the next one? They could not have been playing prevent in the first quarter because they were behind.. They certainly weren't playing prevent in the 2nd quarter because owing to turnovers they didn't have to play defense for a lot of snaps in that quarter. Not counting punts the Cleveland defense was on the field for 11 snaps in the 2nd quarter. Since it remained a 1 score game until the 7:20 mark of the 2nd quarter we can safely assume they weren't playing prevent at any point up to then either. So that's 22:20 of the first half where Cleveland was either trailing or up no more than one score. Yet they "were playing prevent the whole game..." Do you really not see how stupid that sounds? Just because some softhead created a meme making an idiotic statement about what Dak did in that game doesn't make it fact. I am willing to concede that Cleveland probably DID begin to play soft once they went up 41-14 late in the 3rd quarter. But no one will convince me that they didn't come out of it after Dak carved up that zone for two quick TDs in the 4th and cut the lead to 41-30 in short order. So if people want to say they played prevent from the time they went up 41-14 with 45 seconds left in the third until they saw that turn into 41-30 9 minutes later I'm fine with it. But they didn't do it in the first half.. and they definitely didn't do it in the 3rd quarter.. so for 8-9 minutes in the 4th quarter they played soft.. Fine.. remove the Cowboys two drives in that span and Dak still has 350+ yards passing and 3 TDs..

Yeah, they came out of prevent eventually. I don't think that's been disputed. The point is they were ineffective for a 34 point run until the Browns backed off.

Regarding the bolded- yeah, that does sound idiotic. Who are you quoting? Who said they played prevent the whole game?

You talk about when it was within 1 score. Well, they were eventually down more and it took three consecutive scores to get there. The Browns weren't playing prevent getting ahead, but there was a marked difference in defensive philosophy when they were up more than one score. Citing stats doesn't change that.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah, they came out of prevent eventually. I don't think that's been disputed. The point is they were ineffective for a 34 point run until the Browns backed off.

Regarding the bolded- yeah, that does sound idiotic. Who are you quoting? Who said they played prevent the whole game?

Obviously hyperbole aimed back at the idiots who even claim that most of the damage came against prevent defenses. The point is that clearly the Browns were only in prevent for a small portion of the game. Two, maybe three defensive series at most. The Browns got the last possession of the first half and the first possession of the second half and the Cowboys turned it over on two consecutive possessions in the second quarter.

You talk about when it was within 1 score. Well, they were eventually down more and it took three consecutive scores to get there. The Browns weren't playing prevent getting ahead, but there was a marked difference in defensive philosophy when they were up more than one score. Citing stats doesn't change that.

There was a play in the third quarter where the safety made the tackle on Zeke on a dumpoff pass for a one yard gain. I believe the score was 38-14 at that point. So the safety was up around the line of scrimmage, yet somehow they were in prevent? And like I said.. sure the Browns probably changed to a prevent philosophy when it was 41-14 but after two quick scores by the Cowboys offense I guarantee they came out of it. NFL teams don't go into prevent the minute they go up more than one score. I don't think anybody actually believes they do but somehow it keeps coming up. Which begs the question.. If the Browns were in prevent from the middle of the second quarter on why did it take the Cowboys until the 4th quarter to solve it? More likely they played their regular defense until the 4th quarter, then shifted to prevent, got lit up, and went back to the regular defense after the score tightened up. But still continued to get lit up. Again they were in prevent for a small part of the game.. but the results got them out of it with the quickness.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Obviously hyperbole aimed back at the idiots who even claim that most of the damage came against prevent defenses. The point is that clearly the Browns were only in prevent for a small portion of the game. Two, maybe three defensive series at most. The Browns got the last possession of the first half and the first possession of the second half and the Cowboys turned it over on two consecutive possessions in the second quarter.

There was a play in the third quarter where the safety made the tackle on Zeke on a dumpoff pass for a one yard gain. I believe the score was 38-14 at that point. So the safety was up around the line of scrimmage, yet somehow they were in prevent? And like I said.. sure the Browns probably changed to a prevent philosophy when it was 41-14 but after two quick scores by the Cowboys offense I guarantee they came out of it. NFL teams don't go into prevent the minute they go up more than one score. I don't think anybody actually believes they do but somehow it keeps coming up. Which begs the question.. If the Browns were in prevent from the middle of the second quarter on why did it take the Cowboys until the 4th quarter to solve it? More likely they played their regular defense until the 4th quarter, then shifted to prevent, got lit up, and went back to the regular defense after the score tightened up. But still continued to get lit up. Again they were in prevent for a small part of the game.. but the results got them out of it with the quickness.

That's pretty much what has been said. Which is why I think it's off base to call it a good performance. I mean, Winston led the league in passing yardage in 2019 based on these types of games. Get down big, take advantage of defenses allowing you to chew up yards and clock, and you put up impressive numbers on the stat sheet.

Frozen700

Reaction score
The fantasy land they live in.

Can anyone name one team we've made pay for stacking the box? That's not what this QB does. He falls behind by 3 scores and then racks up numbers against prevent defenses.

Truth.

Prescott is a very good bus driver.

What he does in the 2nd half, why can't he do it in the first?

Because it's not prevent defense

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's probably you that needs to re-read my post.

You suggested that I can "get lumped in with pappy".

And I said *IF* you do that you are nuts. If "you" isn't YOU....that's fine.

But yes...I have taken a lot of heat from you about this, going back a long way!....so..."sensitive goofball".....hmm maybe. Not sure I could argue that one!

Still not sure what you are trying to say about "dak" and "Zeke". Have I made mentioned that some people don;t let you say ONE thing about Dak and then rip zeke to shreds? Sure. Because it's stupid. Those guys are best buds. They love each other and definitely feed off each other on the field. Why can;t WE do the same?

Oh he has funny hair and nose rings? AND a Buckeye to boot? Hmmrph.

I don;t care all that much...except I do hate liars. Simple.

Let Pappy be bud and by the way, consider it a compliment that someone sees you in the same light.
Pappy will be vindicated in the years to follow.....UNFORTANTLY for our Cowboys!:(

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Let Pappy be bud and by the way, consider it a compliment that someone sees you in the same light.
Pappy will be vindicated in the years to follow.....UNFORTANTLY for our Cowboys!:(

You say unfortunatly for our Cowboys like you won't be pissed every time Dak does good and they win....Think about that, you have let the QB drag you into a fandom where winning is going to be upsetting for you. Because you need to be "vindicated" about your opinion on a forum.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You say unfortunatly for our Cowboys like you won't be pissed every time Dak does good and they win....Think about that, you have let the QB drag you into a fandom where winning is going to be upsetting for you. Because you need to be "vindicated" about your opinion on a forum.
Cowboys are going nowhere with Dak under center.
Dak doing good is a Rockport fantasy and if you are satisfied beating dog teams and having Dak pad his stats in garbage time then maybe it's time to question your fan status?????

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You should make a post bet with someone again! You're really good at those.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Cowboys are going nowhere with Dak under center.
Dak doing good is a Rockport fantasy and if you are satisfied beating dog teams and having Dak pad his stats in garbage time then maybe it's time to question your fan status?????

I root for the Cowboys to win, I don't root for my opinion on the forum to be "vindicated"....you can question my fandom any time you like, but I bet i wont be mad when they win....like some of the "fans"....