Twitter: One AFC defensive coach, Cowboys need to give Zeke some of Dak money

CWR

Reaction score
This is Zekes last stand. I hear hype every off season, but the amount of it coming from Zekes camp this year is off the charts. If he's gonna be the Zeke we drafted this will be the year it happens.

blueblood70

Reaction score
while i dont agree with the title as zekes not underpaid and no need for Dak to give zeke money

I do agree Zeke is hated on way too much and respected far more around the league then he is in here..Fans are ruthless zekes not the highest paid RB and last year doesnt even count on the grand scheme of things..No rb would have succeeded much more then zeke did in that situation

..he was the best back in the league from 2016-2018 should have had 3 straight Rushig crowns..that an accomplishmanet.2019 payed well but got lost a bit in KM and Dak teaming up to get dak paid and guess what 8-8 and dak si NOT play well down the stretch, he had some bad games to closes season out in his first year as the MAN in this offense..then plays 4 games and made 32mil with 7 Tos those 4 games..he sure got chat ton of money for b2b failed seasons..so anyone claiming zekes over paid better add Dak, ac, dlaw, JS, tp the list as what have they done to win games??

so while our identity has changed and zeke isnt being used like he should to be successful as a volume back and the run play calls are pretty wack..Km is more the issue then Dak or Zeke..

they need to strike more balance in this offense..i dont care about contracts just want to win bigger games and go further in the playoffs...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yep. Some fans want to keep looking at players in a vacuum, but that's not how this game works. Zeke's rushing success is dependent on the passing game being effective and the run blocking holding up, neither of which happened last year. Dak's passing success is dependent on the running game being effective and the pass blocking holding up. Throw in receivers who can get open, because we saw the difference that made when we added Cooper the year we tried to go receiver by committee.
That's the same for every team in the NFL.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hold on....so let me get this straight....

Zeke just showed us that with Dak gone....he was less than stellar.......

But now I'm suppose to believe that Dak's a product of Zeke?

:lmao2:

This AFC coach must've just got out of jail from a 5 year sentence.
dak, 3rd string Olinemn, playing with all 4 qbs at some point, recovering from covid , the run game not utilized when you start games 3 scores down before halftime ,and having some leg injuries'..he nearly got 1k in 15 games ..4.0 YPC is not bad for all those issues. Seriously do i have to show you Emmits rather average looking YPC most of his career? he got lot of yards but toted the rock 30+ times a game to get them on a HOF team and yet he had no burst and didn't have ton of Home runs hitters in run era and yet is regarded as one of the top backs of all times..

oh wait use his fumbles as an issue sure they were but dak had 4int and 3 fumbles in 4.5 games making 32 mil , zeke had 5lost fumbles in 15 games making 12.5mil last season, hmmm

Yes zekes being wrongfully destroyed around here..its being overblown. That for sure..

it isnt coincidence our best playoff seasons have been zekes 2 seasons he won the rushing titles..we simply need balance both working well and feeding off each other..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
dak, 3rd string Olinemn, playing with all 4 qbs at some point, recovering from covid , the run game not utilized when you start games 3 scores down before halftime ,and having some leg injuries'..he nearly got 1k in 15 games ..4.0 YPC is not bad for all those issues. Seriously do i have to show you Emmits rather average looking YPC most of his career? he got lot of yards but toted the rock 30+ times a game to get them on a HOF team and yet he had no burst and didn't have ton of Home runs hitters in run era and yet is regarded as one of the top backs of all times..

oh wait use his fumbles as an issue sure they were but dak had 4int and 3 fumbles in 4.5 games making 32 mil , zeke had 5lost fumbles in 15 games making 12.5mil last season, hmmm

Yes zekes being wrongfully destroyed around here..its being overblown. That for sure..

it isnt coincidence our best playoff seasons have been zekes 2 seasons he won the rushing titles..we simply need balance both working well and feeding off each other..

Ok so what quarterback and offensive line did Pollard have? Because I don't recall him struggling or underperforming in the time he had out there......

aikemirv

Reaction score
Oh let the fun and games ensue I see!

Well you guys can have your jokes...some are actually okay....:cool:

Zeke makes plenty of money, he don;t need Dak's. But Anon is right. Dak owes Zeke for the 2016 season that put Dak down this path. Also owes for every HUGE block Zeke makes on Lber's AND O-linemen too. Everyone says ...hold on a second..."Everyone" says "zeke sucked in 2020". Let's say that's true...look what happened to Dak. Coincidence? hmmmmaybe. maybe not.

I know this is gonna throw stats ****** in a tizzy...but Dak shines when zeke does well. The TEAM does well! Zeke doesn't seem to shine so much when Dak does well. I know...some ya'll gonna give me the "450+ yards when Zeke is out" thingamajig. But do we win those? (I dunno...Imma make some of you look that up...come at me!)

We've got to find a way to keep Zeke in the game and pounding the rock. 2016 is proof. And he ain't toast just yet. You can throw all the stats you want at me...like bricks. The team is better with Beast Zeke and that means a healthy Dak and O-line too.
I agree Dak was set up well in 2016 by a great Oline and Zeke. He was put in a position to succeed. He almost lost all that confidence in Atlanta in 2017 and struggled until Dallas got Cooper and then his confidence began to rise again. He is a tough minded guy and has a great work ethic and has improved a great deal from 2017 and 2018. Now he just has to put it together in the clutch time if we get a defense this year.

Interesting to see what he can do.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Aloha guys and gals! I am spending most of July in Kauai. One of the things that happens to a person when lounging on a tropical island is it allows one to see the folly in so many of the daily toils folks from the mainland engage in. Easily one of the silliest toils I see myself engaging in is arguing with people who claim to be fans of the Dallas Cowboys about how good our players are and how successful they can be or who around the league is better. I've resolved to just not do it any more. Nobody is changing anybody's mind about who they like and dislike anyway.. I suppose it's just a way to pass the time during the offseason but some people don't seem willing to let go of it even once actual football begins to be played. It's like they're trying to suck the fun out of being a fan of our favorite team. That I cannot abide!

Ok so what quarterback and offensive line did Pollard have? Because I don't recall him struggling or underperforming in the time he had out there......

You may wish to have a look at Pollard's game logs. He had more games under 4 ypc and 3 ypc last year than Zeke and he was TFL'd at a higher rate. He had a few plays that skewed his numbers owing to small sample sizes but overall he was no better than just okay and generally not as good as Zeke.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Aloha guys and gals! I am spending most of July in Kauai. One of the things that happens to a person when lounging on a tropical island is it allows one to see the folly in so many of the daily toils folks from the mainland engage in. Easily one of the silliest toils I see myself engaging in is arguing with people who claim to be fans of the Dallas Cowboys about how good our players are and how successful they can be or who around the league is better. I've resolved to just not do it any more. Nobody is changing anybody's mind about who they like and dislike anyway.. I suppose it's just a way to pass the time during the offseason but some people don't seem willing to let go of it even once actual football begins to be played. It's like they're trying to suck the fun out of being a fan of our favorite team. That I cannot abide!
Focus man - your in Hawaii - what are you doing on the Cowboys board?????

Praxit

Reaction score
...Dak should give some to the CZ, for pain n suffering these recent years. ..;)..
giphy.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The change of pace guy always looks better until he is not the change of pace guy anymore - then he struggles!

That's not a excuse though. The argument is Zeke looked bad because of everyone around him. So whether he was a change of pace guy or not shouldn't Pollard have looked worse? Did Pollard not have his 1st start of the season last year with Dalton? Had a solid game.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I thought we gave Zeke big RB money, I think i'll let another team pay their RB some QB type money and see how that works out.

Yep…

Since 2018

Josh Allen 25 rushing TD
Zeke Elliott 24 rushing TD

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

You may wish to have a look at Pollard's game logs. He had more games under 4 ypc and 3 ypc last year than Zeke and he was TFL'd at a higher rate. He had a few plays that skewed his numbers owing to small sample sizes but overall he was no better than just okay and generally not as good as Zeke.

Ok so why did Zeke not have a. few plays to skew his own stats? I'm not arguing who's better. I'm arguing against the argument that Dak somehow needs Zeke even though Zeke looked bad without him last year.