One and done, two and done, three and done

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I don’t get it - been a fan for over 50 years - lately it seems like some feel like making to the Championship game and if we lose that is somehow better than what has happened? Heck a loss is a loss in the one and done playoff system - to me as a fan it hurts and sucks whether we lose in wild card round, division round, Championship game or heck even in the Super Bowl . I don’t and wouldn’t feel a sense of relief losing later - it sucked when Jackie Smith dropped the sure td in the end zone against the Steelers
Broke my heart when Montana completed that pass to Dwight Clark
The list goes on - I’m not saying I wouldn’t love for the cowboys to get over the hump and go further but I for one would not be any less disappointed if we lost in any playoff game - the only way my disappointment would be less is if they win it all: I know many will say no way - we haven’t made the nfccg in almost 30 years - just making it there shows hope - sorry , I don’t agree - a loss is a loss and they all sting the same to me - in fact in my opinion getting closer and losing almost stings worse - no trophy for almosts - only for the champs

If your not first then your last
Just my opinion

visionary

Reaction score
I don’t get it - been a fan for over 50 years - lately it seems like some feel like making to the Championship game and if we lose that is somehow better than what has happened? Heck a loss is a loss in the one and done playoff system - to me as a fan it hurts and sucks whether we lose in wild card round, division round, Championship game or heck even in the Super Bowl . I don’t and wouldn’t feel a sense of relief losing later - it sucked when Jackie Smith dropped the sure td in the end zone against the Steelers
The list goes on - I’m not saying I wouldn’t love for the cowboys to get over the hump and go further but I for one would not be any less disappointed if we lost in any playoff game - the only way my disappointment would be less is if they win it all: I know many will say no way - we haven’t made the nfccg in almost 30 years - just making it there shows hope - sorry , I don’t agree - a loss is a loss and they all sting the same to me - in fact in my opinion getting closer and losing almost stings worse - no trophy for almosts - only for the champs

Just my opinion
By this logic 0-17 is the same as going 16-1 and losing in SB

Please confirm thats what you mean so everyone can laugh at you even more

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
By this logic 0-17 is the same as going 16-1 and losing in SB

Please confirm thats what you mean so everyone can laugh at you even more
No I clearly said in the playoffs
My point is
IN MY OPINION
A loss at anytime in the playoffs is just as painful to me period
I don’t get any satisfaction making to the championship game and losing
Why should anyone laugh at me as you so obnoxiously state if I am stating MY OPINION of how I take a loss in the playoffs ?
What makes it better to lose later than earlier ?
What ?

GMO415

Reaction score

Just my opinion
giphy.gif

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I disagree.

I think winning playoff games and making an NFC championship game, while not the ultimate goal. Is still an accomplishment.
It’s an accomplishment - but I don’t think the loss feels any better just by going a game or two further in the playoffs
I get it - it’s win wise better
It feels almost better to make it further
But ultimately it still sucked to lose

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
better then 8-8...8-8...8-8....8-8....8-8 :facepalm: I'm disappointed in the playoffs also.But I'd take a playoff loss vs. being 8-8 every year. At 8-8..you can' t rebuild not even getting to the playoffs.
Yes I agree - I’m saying a loss in the playoffs still sucks no matter the round they lose
I just am not one that feels better by losing in a later round of the playoffs
That’s all

rags747

Reaction score

Just my opinion
Could not agree more. No benefit in losing the NFC Championship game, No benefit in losing the SB. Would rather not even make it that far just to lose. Only 1 team is a winner every year, all others are losers.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It’s an accomplishment - but I don’t think the loss feels any better just by going a game or two further in the playoffs
I get it - it’s win wise better
It feels almost better to make it further
But ultimately it still sucked to lose
Yeah I think the loss would still suck and hurt maybe even hurt more.

But the frustration would be a different type. It would be a “we were so close to winning it all” as opposed to “28 years and this team still can’t get over the damn hump”

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Just my opinion
I suppose many fans forget what that feels like to lose later in the playoffs. It does sting at any point, but I liken it to a team that has had a long playoff drought and fans just hope to get into the playoffs.

MarkP88

Reaction score

Just my opinion
When a team has not been in the championship game for about three decades, yes, getting there and losing is WAY better than losing in the wildcard round (at home).

CCBoy

Reaction score

Just my opinion
Right in step with you, a fan also.

mldardy

Reaction score

Just my opinion
You won't get many on here to agree with you but I do.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Of your an up and coming team reaching a Conference championship game is a big deal, so the loss may not hurt as much.

If you are continously making the playoffs and constantly lose in the the WC or divisional round then the losses start to hurt more.

If you are the late 70s early 80s Cowboys losing the championship game 3 years in a row was devastating.

To me the Conference and SB losses were the worse because we were so close. Once you get that far and lose you van taste it.....thats what hurts the most.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
better then 8-8...8-8...8-8....8-8....8-8 :facepalm: I'm disappointed in the playoffs also.But I'd take a playoff loss vs. being 8-8 every year. At 8-8..you can' t rebuild while not even getting to the playoffs.
Mike < Jason.