One of the many bad calls by the referees last night

blueblood70

Reaction score
I thought the officiating was pretty awful for this game and I confirmed my initial opinion when I rewatched the game.

There was an illegal contact penalty called on Dallas that I am pretty sure the contact was initiated with 5 yards making it legal contact.

Neither holding call on Guyton was legit, especially the 2nd 1.

I was focused on Mazi when I rewatched the game and he got held at least 3 times that I saw, but being a NT I assume they just let those go.

The flag they picked up on the Rico Dowdle TD should not have been picked up if it was thrown for Beebe being downfield. Beebe was downfield. It should have been called.

There were a couple of times the Giants DBs hit Cowboys receivers before they caught the ball, enough contact to impede the receivers from catching the ball.

Everyone saw the facemask call that was wrong.
i know it was early in the game but CD had hands to the face and then he was grabbed around the waist , No call would have gave us first downInstead we punted, . See him roll his eyes but kept quiet..2 fouls on the same player NO CALL.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yeah, that's really my point.

I wasn't blaming anything on the referees, but simply trying to understand their reasoning for throwing some of them, and this case, this one in particular.
Why do you think that wasn’t a forward pass?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Because the issue isn't the coach. The issue is the sticker on the helmet. All you gotta do is compare GB penalties and Cowboys penalties with McCarthy at each stop. Then compare overall penalties called against both teams since 2000 for a good sample size.

This one is a ref culture problem, not a Cowboys culture problem. It has become accepted and traditional to call the most penalties against Dallas because of previously biased refs against the Cowboys making it the norm.

Agree to a point but the OL was being penalized like crazy when we had Flozell Adams back in the day.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The refs likely saved us from losing this game.

The Giants had the momentum and were driving again at the beginning of the game. They EASILY could gone up by double digits, and were on their way to it, when that face mask debacle occurred, which stalled their drive and got us back in the game.

I've seen missed face masks...if seen flags that weren't really face masks, but I have NEVER seen a legit face mask, correctly flagged, and then just picked the other team to penalize. Never in my life have I seen that. That would be as insane as calling Intentional Grounding, and then penalizing the defense for it.

Game coulda snowballed quickly if not for that Get Out Of Jail Free card they gave us.

We'd likely be 1-3 if not for that season saving gift from The Refs.
How could they go up by double digits when they never had the ball while they had a lead?