One of the positive things about Dak

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dak is talented, but he doesn't have elite talent. His level of talent isn't worthy of the massive contract he reportedly wants.

Debatable but it's your opinion.......I respect that. So you think he's hit his ceiling.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah we almost traded back into the first for Lynch...and I was all for it too :facepalm:
I remember telling a Broncos fan buddy of mine thank you, and he asked why are you thanking me, and I told him thank you for jumping Jerry and drafting Lynch.
I told him the mans feet, just look at his feet, like Shacks enormous feet, and said that Lynch would be a major bust and his clumsy big feet will be a part of his failure at this level.
Paxton scrambled about as graceful as a duck on a frozen pond.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
is that he appears to be willing to listen and take advice from all sources. And when he screws up he seems willing to take it. Contrast that to Wentz. Jeff McLane is a plugged in beat writer for them and has a story that paints Wentz as a prima donna and pain the butt.

I linked to the summary from Bleeding Green Nation but the main article linked in the story is from the Philly Inquirer and you may need a subscription to read.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...hable-insubordinate-nfl-doug-pederson-news-qb

Not sure what this thread has to do with anything really. So your point is that Dak is good because he listens to people? Then perhaps instead of an average QB he should become an exceptional therapist??

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Wentz has more talent? Based on what? I swear, you guys will twist and turn and move the goal posts and spin and spin and spin till you're blue in the face before admitting Dak is a good QB and much much better than Wentz
Oh, I will be the first to stand up every day and admit that Dak is better than Wentz.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dang Hawk, you just started at least 20 pages.

You know Ty, I think fans have to ask themselves whether or they see Dak as an NFL starter.....coz if you do, he's going to get paid a min $35M. It's the going rate of 2nd contracts for an NFL QB starter in his prime. You either have to pay him or find another starter.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
is that he appears to be willing to listen and take advice from all sources. And when he screws up he seems willing to take it. Contrast that to Wentz. Jeff McLane is a plugged in beat writer for them and has a story that paints Wentz as a prima donna and pain the butt.

I linked to the summary from Bleeding Green Nation but the main article linked in the story is from the Philly Inquirer and you may need a subscription to read.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...hable-insubordinate-nfl-doug-pederson-news-qb
What? You think taking advice from all sources is a good thing? Take what when he screws up?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You know Ty, I think fans have to ask themselves whether or they see Dak as an NFL starter.....coz if you do, he's going to get paid a min $35M. It's the going rate of 2nd contracts for an NFL QB starter in his prime. You either have to pay him or find another starter.
Thats so very true and Dak has definitely proven himself worthy of starting in this league, and I really dont believe that the posters that dont want to roll with Dak believe that he is garbage, thats the extremist mentality that exists in here but doesnt and should not represent the majority that would rather go in another direction and move on.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
True, yet Romo was changing plays in the huddle all the time, even remember him down on one knee drawing it up like school yard play.
Romo free lanced and threw JGs plan out the window more than most can or want to remember.

Bill was referring to running a play incorrectly because he thought he knew better. He used one play as an example. He said that happens sometimes with veteran QBs.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The most positive thing about Prescott is the same thing about Allen. Most were calling him a bust in his first season and he continued to strive to improve and he did that every season and the only season Prescott didn't was his soph one when he was asked to be a real NFL QB and he struggled just like I would expect a 4th round pick to do.

Allen and Prescott have defied Aikman's observation, one that I agreed with, that accuracy can't be improved upon at the pro level. I do think that is still the rule but these two are the exceptions to that and I think that's what makes them effective leaders. Their teammates have watched their dedication to make themselves better and that's the kind of QB players want on their team.

I am neither a Dakster or Dakater as I wasn't that about Romo either. I watched Dak Prescott play just about every SEC game he played and every Cowboys game since he was drafted and that Dak Prescott is not this Dak Prescott.

He is driven by the belief and faith his Mom had in him when he failed to win the starting job in high school and college. That is a force in his life and the reason why when he did take those jobs, as well as the one with Cowboys, he never relinquished them. None of this is too big for him.

What has mystified me the most about Cowboys fans that were down on Romo and are down on Prescott is that they don't let the story take over. Has any team in NFL history had more unlikely stories, back to back, than the Dallas Cowboys with Romo and Prescott? Some don't like their stories and dislike them for it, not the pedigree they want. Two guys, both long shots to even have a career in the NFL, end up being the QB's of the Dallas Cowboys. If you wrote these stories, people would surely think it was fiction.

There's something else about Prescott, I like him. I like it that he carries himself well and is so real that he has no problem admitting openly he's struggled with depression. Do you have any idea how assuring that was to the millions that suffer with that in silence?

I am proud to have such a man as the QB of the Dallas Cowboys and I hope he plays his entire career for the Cowboys. Because to me, it's not as much about the player as it is about the man.

Hadenough

Reaction score

I think Wentz has lost his confidence and he is spiraled downhill because he doesnt have that QB guru to help him out of his funk. He is fragile mentally. With Dak you can say more than one good thing. He has about everything you want in a QB but the arm and accuracy. People compare Dak to Goff and say he is better but yesterday even though Goff lost if you saw the one touchdown pass he made he threw it low and away from the defender over the middle of the field. The ball placement was excellent. You just dont see that from Dak. Every QB that is playing this weekend with the exception of Brees and Brady are all first round draft picks.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The most positive thing about Prescott is the same thing about Allen. Most were calling him a bust in his first season and he continued to strive to improve and he did that every season and the only season Prescott didn't was his soph one when he was asked to be a real NFL QB and he struggled just like I would expect a 4th round pick to do.

Allen and Prescott have defied Aikman's observation, one that I agreed with, that accuracy can't be improved upon at the pro level. I do think that is still the rule but these two are the exceptions to that and I think that's what makes them effective leaders. Their teammates have watched their dedication to make themselves better and that's the kind of QB players want on their team.

I am neither a Dakster or Dakater as I wasn't that about Romo either. I watched Dak Prescott play just about every SEC game he played and every Cowboys game since he was drafted and that Dak Prescott is not this Dak Prescott.

He is driven by the belief and faith his Mom had in him when he failed to win the starting job in high school and college. That is a force in his life and the reason why when he did take those jobs, as well as the one with Cowboys, he never relinquished them. None of this is too big for him.

What has mystified me the most about Cowboys fans that were down on Romo and are down on Prescott is that they don't let the story take over. Has any team in NFL history had more unlikely stories, back to back, than the Dallas Cowboys with Romo and Prescott? Some don't like their stories and dislike them for it, not the pedigree they want. Two guys, both long shots to even have a career in the NFL, end up being the QB's of the Dallas Cowboys. If you wrote these stories, people would surely think it was fiction.

There's something else about Prescott, I like him. I like it that he carries himself well and is so real that he has no problem admitting openly he's struggled with depression. Do you have any idea how assuring that was to the millions that suffer with that in silence?

I am proud to have such a man as the QB of the Dallas Cowboys and I hope he plays his entire career for the Cowboys. Because to me, it's not as much about the player as it is about the man.

....it's about winning and leading a team deep into the playoffs but we all decide individually what we seek in a QB and a team.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The only positive I see is, he can't win throwing challenges but he's worth 40 million. Heck just sign Jason Garrett to 20 million, it was reported he kicked daks butt after practice every day.

Sydla

Reaction score
Once you go down the slippery slope of thinking you know better than the coaches, it is tough to come back unless you get a coach who has skins on the wall

And based on whose left on their list, it seems like they will not be getting that type of coach.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not sure what this thread has to do with anything really. So your point is that Dak is good because he listens to people? Then perhaps instead of an average QB he should become an exceptional therapist??

LOL your Dak bitterness is awesome.

Section446

Reaction score
It's hard to find too many positives about an average QB... Too bad most of his positives are how he conducts himself off the field.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Dak & Wince are no longer comparable. It is actually an insult to Dak to even mention the guys name in the same sentence.....which is why I am about to apologize now for insulting Dak.....
So why did Wentz get that long term contract and Dak a franchise tag?

The same reason Schramm, Brandt, and Landry moved on from Craig Morton to Roger Staubach is the same reason Dak Prescott will always be better than all the QBs from the 2016 QBs..."the content of their character".

In memory of Dr. Martin L. King Jr.