One step closer to ET

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Maybe Earl will live in Austin and travel to Dallas area for practice/games. I used to live an hour north of Miami and a lot of the Heat players lived in my neighborhood.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Didn't Earl Thomas play college football at Texas? Maybe he's simply moving closer to family and friends?

Listen, I would love ET playing for the Cowboys, but maybe we're reading too much into this.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Didn't Earl Thomas play college football at Texas? Maybe he's simply moving closer to family and friends?

Listen, I would love ET playing for the Cowboys, but maybe we're reading too much into this.
It's been brought up, even by myself, my friend.
People are gonna do what they do anyways.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe Earl will live in Austin and travel to Dallas area for practice/games. I used to live an hour north of Miami and a lot of the Heat players lived in my neighborhood.

It’s 200 miles and I-35 is a madhouse. It would be a 6-7 hour round trip by car.

The likelihood is that ET just loves Austin. It’s a very popular city to live in and he went to college there. A lot of UT grads either stay in Austin or move back at some point.

Last edited:

bb721

Reaction score

Austin is approx 200 miles from either Frisco or Arlington. He’s not making a 400 mile round trip every day.

Eanwen

Reaction score
If he enrolled the kids in school in Dallas, I would be convinced. This was Austin.
I'm not from TX but that's only about an hr away right? I've commuted for 2x for a decent paying job. I'm sure I'd do that commute for 5+ mill/year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No brainer. You don’t pass up a chance to replace Jeff freaking Heath with Earl Thomas. Guarantee you it will be a contract we can live with

There are more variables than just ET and Heath. Contract terms for example. And other priorities. And player health and age, and the entire picture of what can be dealt with through free agency and the draft.

conner01

Reaction score
Well, ET isn’t enrolling his kids in a Dallas area school. He could simply be planning to sign with a team in the South somewhere, and if it’s not Dallas, maybe Houston or New Orleans.
Doubt he’s really planning much right now
That may be where he wants to live but really doesn’t matter where he plays
And since you can’t talk to him yet I’m sure it’s more about where he wants to live and just hoping it’s close to where he plays

conner01

Reaction score
3 1/2 hours isn't exactly around the corner.
Jerry has a jet
Sign for minimum, Jerry flies him home every night
Problem solved
If he bought a place on the water Jerry also has a little boat he can use