One step closer to ET

jblaze2004

Reaction score
lets not forget he played for Texas in college in Austin Texas. Maybe closer to friends and family? He could sign with the skins and still live in texas. He got money lol

AKATheRake

Reaction score
You know what strikes me most about this team trying to replicate the 90's teams and that era's success up until this point?

We had Darren Woodson impact our defenses back then and for some reason we have not invested much at all into going after an impact safety other than Roy Williams. Since Woody's retirement.

I'm hoping for ET.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
That does seem suspect. Why enroll your children in a school far away from said team (Seattle). Dallas must be offering him something. Would be a great addition to the team. Hopefully he can stay healthy. Once we resign Lawrence, this’ll be deadly defense.

He's not going back to Seattle so why would he care how far he is from that team? He's from Texas, went to school in Austin, and hates Seattle (the team anyway).

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
All it means is that he is leaving SEA for sure

He is an UFA and can go anywhere but he isn't going back to SEA and he wants his family back in Austin

DAL should make him a priority

+1........there was a follow-up tweet that he goes to Austin EVERY year after the season. The only difference now, since he knows he's returning to Seattle he apparently decided to do now rather than waiting for his kid school year ending. My guess this has way more to do with family than football. Since his career is on the backend, he's likely decided to make Austin his home. So regardless of where signs, won't have to worry about changing schools again.

For what it's worth, It's my understanding the Raiders and Chiefs are also options. But I'm not sure he's as much of an option for us now as he was last season. I think it will come down to not the amount of money he wants but how much we are willing to guarantee. Think about it, if Stephen was willing to offer the Seahawks a 2nd/3rd round pick before ET injury, he also knew what an extension would cost. So he apparently was prepared give up X amount money. The only difference now is how ET injury impacts Stephen thinking.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Earl Thomas is a player in my opinion that can be an Ed reed type later in his career.

Sure he’s getting up there in age. You may only get elite level play from him for a year or two... but after that with his knowledge of the game he’d be at least an above average contributor.

Getting ET is a championship type move. He’s a great player.... leader.... and he’s won SBs before. He wants to be here. We have the cap. Make it happen. He potentially take our defense from very good to elite

I agree with you. Charles Woodson signed a 7-year deal with the Green Bay Packers at the age of 30, and played the best football of his career and made consecutive Pro Bowls for years.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was born in Texas, I live in Texas, I've spent most of my life in Texas.
I'm not sure what the two of you are haggling over anyway. Unless I missed something he essentially was referring to Austin being a more left leaning city than much of Texas, which is true. Whether that is a good thing or bad thing is up to a person's personal beliefs, so what is there to argue over?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the two of you are haggling over anyway. Unless I missed something he essentially was referring to Austin being a more left leaning city than much of Texas, which is true. Whether that is a good thing or bad thing is up to a person's personal beliefs, so what is there to argue over?

so what does Austin have in common with most other large Texas cities? The same thing they have in common with most large cities in the US in general. Can you guess what that is?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so what does Austin have in common with most other large Texas cities? The same thing they have in common with most large cities in the US in general. Can you guess what that is?
Taller buildings ... more people ...