Ones got to go (Cowboys DT depth chart 2022)

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The ONLY reason Hill is still on the roster is because Jerry isn’t yet ready to admit another 2nd round pick mistake.

Dude has been stealing paychecks ever since he showed up to rookie minicamp

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I tend to agree, but I think Bohanna is right there as a possibility also. He was not that impressive last year either, as Hill has shown flashes at times when not injured.

This is Hill's make or break year for sure. As you said, he needs a great TC.

I doubt we carry both Bohanna and Ridgway. *At least* one gets cut and heads to the PS. Both of them are great candidates for the Stubbed Toe IR to stash for another year.

Watkins is veteran bridge/injury depth. They're hoping the young guys play him off the team.

And speaking of injuries, guys get hurt. What percentage of players get hurt in training camp? You gotta have a little extra injury depth going into camp so you have enough bodies come the season opener.
  • Gillimore
  • Osa
  • Hill
  • Bohanna
  • Watkins
  • Ridgway
Only the top 3 guys are even conceivably pass rushers, and Osa isn't made for run/pass 3T duties. More of a pass rush 3T or a DE for a 3 man front.

Bohanna/Ridgway/Watkins are all warm bodies at this point, each individually totally expendable, though we'll have to keep at least one of them.

We are *so* lacking talent in the interior dline. Low hanging fruit for a free agent pickup to upgrade.

starfan1

Reaction score
If this is a tough question then we are still in trouble. We need some folks to put it together and stand out if no one does then we’re still swimming uphill

if it’s only 1 player I’m going with the vet. Watkins probably is the 3rd best on the list but that ain’t saying much and he isn’t getting better he is what he is

also hill has shown flashes but my patience with him is about nil at this point
Choose from them 2

DCwarrior

Reaction score
If Hill has a decent camp and stays then he’s gonna want a big contract next season. Cut bait now and move on.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The other wild card in position competition will be dictated by late August- early Sept roster cuts from other teams. The final 53 man roster to start the season will very possibly include someone we’re not even thinking about. Happens almost every year. And there’s almost always an unexpected minor injury, etc.

The only prediction I will make is that there will be at least one surprise.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know it's early but who could be the player out?

• Gillimore
  • Osa
  • Hill
  • Bohanna
  • Watkins
  • Ridgway
2021 defensive depth chart

https://www.dallascowboys.com/team/depth-chart

Are you trying to say we are only keeping 5 of those guys so which one would be out?

If thats your question then I would hope that Watkins is out.

But I think its going to be between Hill and Bohanna.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think if you are down to Bohanna and Hill, you likely have to keep Hill. The upside with him is greater than Bohanna. So you bank on the kid with the bigger upside, even if it's a long shot he'll develop.

But as said, if Hill just is a dog in camp, he's a prime candidate to be cut.

Here is the thing................Hill plays the 3 tech which is what Gallimore and Osa play. Bohanna plays the 1 tech with Ridgeway and Watkins.

They would probably be more inclined to keep an extra 3 tech rather than a 3rd 1 tech. If I am forced to pick, then I say that Bohanna is toast.

They can play 2 3 techs on passing rushing downs.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Hill has a decent camp and stays then he’s gonna want a big contract next season. Cut bait now and move on.

Huh?
If Hill has a good camp and a good season, then maybe we finally have a DT we been needing for a long time. Why would you cut a player that has potential in order to save some cap space. Then replace him with an unproven player.
Then in 4 years you are saying cut that player in the same manner?

The cap always works itself out. Too many fans are hung up on saving cap space, then turn around and say, they never spend any cap money.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll be pulling for whomever displays the best version of himself, to find a spot at DT.

Here's hoping one of them steps up in a big way. May the best man win the job. ;)

I believe all three of them will be approximately equal in their possibilities to win out.

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Huh?
If Hill has a good camp and a good season, then maybe we finally have a DT we been needing for a long time. Why would you cut a player that has potential in order to save some cap space. Then replace him with an unproven player.
Then in 4 years you are saying cut that player in the same manner?

The cap always works itself out. Too many fans are hung up on saving cap space, then turn around and say, they never spend any cap money.
Hill would have made the pro bowl for me to resign him. And even then I'd franchise him.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Hill is gone.
Big Bo and Watkins battle for last spot.
Osa, Gally, Golston, Ridgeway and ???