Only 3 teams in the NFL w/out wins vs a team above .500, bears, NYG, Dallas Cowboys

snadler

Reaction score
Again when fans get angry about the media hatred towards the boys look no further than that. Yes boys are playing well, but what do we really know now that’s different from the embarrassment in SF.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
True but we’ve only gotten 2 opportunities. And when we beat Seattle next week, they technically won’t have a winning record either.

The narrative around beating teams over .500 is overblown.

It’s not like we’re continuing a year over year trend. It’s just a small sample size

Brooksey

Reaction score
Again when fans get angry about the media hatred towards the boys look no further than that. Yes boys are playing well, but what do we really know now that’s different from the embarrassment in SF.
We know that we played Philadelphia considered one of the best teams in the league to the final play... in their house.

If/when we beat Sea and Philly in the next two weeks they will just change the talking point to our last 28 years playoff record.

Creeper

Reaction score
They are not just winning these games against sub-.500 teams. They are blowing them out. The Eagles struggled to beat Washington both times they played them.

Do you know how many teams the Eagles have beaten by 20 points this season? Zero.
You can only beat the teams you play.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
FAKE NEWS!

The Miami Dolphins (7 - 3) have yet to beat a team that is at .500 or better when they have played this season.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Were the Jets not above .500 when we beat them? People just go out of their way to be completely negative about Dallas no matter what. Same old, tired, unimaginative crap being spewed. Not sure why anyone bothers to worry about it. People will tear us down no matter if we win or lose. Whether we win the superbowl or not. They will still hate. Still ridicule. Still belittle. Not sure why some of our own fans choose to do the same. A day of family and friends and you destroy your oldest rival but some just cant enjoy the moment. Let's find a reason not to be happy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It will show a lot more then what we have seen so far..
I think we beat six teams with winning records last year and did it help us in the playoffs? I think you're missing the point beating some teams above 500 will do wonders for shutting up the fan base and the media and the haters it will do nothing for the playoffs other than what give the team a little confidence it didn't work last year we beat a lot of good teams last year so again this really is just to shut people up when you get to the playoffs you're 0-0 and pretty much nothing carries over from the regular season it's a totally new season it's a reboot for everyone...

Those are all facts I don't want to hear any replies about momentum and how you're playing at the end of the year it doesn't matter because if you look at it the way we beat Tampa Bay how come I didn't carry over to the next game?? Exactly, it doesn't...

every game is week to week, every game is a new story... I don't believe in momentum, I believe you can get lucky, I believe you can either show up and the other team plays bad and you win or you show up and play great and you win but that does not affect your next game.. on the whole you just need to show up every week and do your best but, in the playoffs, can't be any more true we've seen wild card teams make it to the Super bowl because it is how you play in the playoffs each week....not what you did in the regular season, the regular season buys you a ticket but doesn't guarantee a run to the bowl.

you want to hear about luck,

I mean you tried to tell me that Philadelphia earned their trip to the Super bowl playing the giants who we've beat likes 12 straight times or brock purdy not being able to finish that game...

so they got to play a less dynamic 49er team,

how they got there was that's what they earned, they got the number one seed and they got to play those teams and they got lucky along the way that's what we need in the playoffs...health and luck go a long ways.

Flamma

Reaction score
Well, you have to play teams over .500 to beat them. We've played two. Arguably the best two teams in the entire league at their place. The Eagles game could have gone either way. Lets see what we do against Seattle, Detroit, Buffalo, Miami, and the trash at the top of our division. I say we go 4-1 or 5-0, with a possible loss at Miami. We have to beat Philly at home.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Were the Jets not above .500 when we beat them? People just go out of their way to be completely negative about Dallas no matter what. Same old, tired, unimaginative crap being spewed. Not sure why anyone bothers to worry about it. People will tear us down no matter if we win or lose. Whether we win the superbowl or not. They will still hate. Still ridicule. Still belittle. Not sure why some of our own fans choose to do the same. A day of family and friends and you destroy your oldest rival but some just cant enjoy the moment. Let's find a reason not to be happy.
Correct! The Jets were 1 - 0 when the Cowboys played and eventually destroyed them during Week 2.

Screenshot-20231124-094450-Google.jpg

The anti-Cowboys media lies incessantly. Sadly, so many gullible fans (who don't do their research before they post and sound ridiculous) love to spew the lies being spun by the lying media. All season long so many have been falsely stating the Cowboys have yet to beat a team who was at or above .500, yet Week 2 proves the NY Jets were at 1-0 when they played and got destroyed by the Cowboys.

Let's see if any of those gullible fans will come out, admit they were wrong and apologize?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Concerning, as the teams you meet in the playoff are usually above .500 Teams.

The Natural

Reaction score
The Dolphins have not beaten any team with a record above .500

For now, its a “meh” stat, means nothing. If you want to talk about this team’s inability to show up against the 49ers in particular..i’m all for that. But saying they’re winless against teams above .500 when they’ve only played 2 such games and have 5 to go is pointless.