Only 3 teams in the NFL w/out wins vs a team above .500, bears, NYG, Dallas Cowboys

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This can't be posted in the one of the other 100 threads or similar threads?

Whiny fans.
Just enjoy the 8-3 record so far. You beat up teams on your schedule to get to the playoffs. Then be happy you are in the playoffs.
Then go from there.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dallas is undefeated at home against teams with a winning record
Dallas is also undefeated on the road on turf against teams with a winning record

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Again when fans get angry about the media hatred towards the boys look no further than that. Yes boys are playing well, but what do we really know now that’s different from the embarrassment in SF.
and the narrative is going to continue until we beat a team with a winning record.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
When is this thread going to get shut down for spreading lies?
Yeah I was just looking and the Dolphins, Titans, Raiders, Commanders and Saints haven't beaten a team currently above .500 either.

And lost, that’s the point
Context matters though. Beating a 6-5 Vikings team at home (for example) isn't the same as playing the 49ers and Eagles on the road.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah I was just looking and the Dolphins, Titans, Raiders, Commanders and Saints haven't beaten a team currently above .500 either.

Context matters though. Beating a 6-5 Vikings team at home (for example) isn't the same as playing the 49ers and Eagles on the road.
The hilarious thing is the Jets were 1-0 when they played the Cowboys during Week 2 and got destroyed. Doesn't that destroy this thread's false notice?

Bing

Reaction score
Who we have beaten so far this year really means nothing to me. Its who we have to play come the playoffs. All of those teams will be good (well except for the lucky break we got last year when we got to play Tampa who was probably the worst team to ever be in the playoffs) we will have no excuses then. It doesn't matter who we have beaten or lost to in the regular season if we do our usual one and done in the playoffs.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I hear it here a million times, it doesn't matter until the playoffs. So what will a couple of wins against .500 teams do?
It would validate that you're actually a good team.

- The combined winning percentage of the opponents the Cowboys have beaten this year is .289 (22-51)
- The combined winning percentage of the teams that have beaten the Cowboys is .593 (19-13)

Wins are wins and you should beat the team that's on the schedule, but you can't pretend like context doesn't matter, because it does.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is a ridiculous attempt at a point.

Beating a team contributes to their lower winning percentage. Good God People, at least try to enjoy the journey.