Only 3 teams in the NFL w/out wins vs a team above .500, bears, NYG, Dallas Cowboys

mmohican29

Reaction score
When the league as a whole is trash- and it is- any good or very good team will feast on the garbage teams that show up on Sunday to play them.

Take the Jets here today. This team has no business winning any game, but still has 4 W's.

The best teams will avoid the pitfalls a NY Jets will present.

We didn't do this against Arizona, and as a result we will swim upstream hereforth for playoff seeding unable to avoid any disadvantages to doing so.

The onus really is on Phi & SF to ensure those earned advantages remain in place.

On the positive: I think with 2 wins, we almost can do no worse than 5 seed.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
When the league as a whole is trash- and it is- any good or very good team will feast on the garbage teams that show up on Sunday to play them.

Take the Jets here today. This team has no business winning any game, but still has 4 W's.

The best teams will avoid the pitfalls a NY Jets will present.

We didn't do this against Arizona, and AZ a result we will swim upstream hereforth.
I don't get the mediocre nfl angle being parroted. Since when did the nfl not have a bunch of trash teams like the jets? Brady is full of crap

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Facts.

The argument now is beat a winning team. Then it’s do it in the playoffs. Then it’s get to Nfc championship. Then can’t win the Super Bowl … then it’s oh it was a down year!

It will/was always something

We beat a bunch of teams with a combined .289 winning percentage.

Then lost to the only two with winning records.

Yep, totally doesn’t matter bro.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hopefully, next season will have plus .500 teams every week, so the fans can sleep at night.

Beaker42

Reaction score
We know that we played Philadelphia considered one of the best teams in the league to the final play... in their house.

If/when we beat Sea and Philly in the next two weeks they will just change the talking point to our last 28 years playoff record.
And against the refs for all but the final drive.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I don't get the mediocre nfl angle being parroted. Since when did the nfl not have a bunch of trash teams like the jets? Brady is full of crap
This is true. Just highlighted I guess by social media, betting sites, increased coverage. I don't think the quality of play is as good as in the 80's & 90's. Just my honest opinion.

Seems back then every team was dangerous and had "A DUDE" or two capable of ruining your Sunday.

League seems extraordinarily top heavy this season in particular.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We were 6-2 against teams over .500 in 2022.

We also had victories over 4 of the 5 NFC playoff participants we faced last year.

I have the same concerns about this Cowboys squad as I have had over past ones, but whether or not we can win against “good” teams isn’t one of them.
Wouldn’t you rather go off a 2 game sample size from this season? Especially when the cowboys have a bunch of games against winning teams coming up and you’ll get your answer soon enough.

/sarcasm

stilltheguru

Reaction score
This is true. Just highlighted I guess by social media, betting sites, increased coverage. I don't think the quality of play is as good as in the 80's & 90's. Just my honest opinion.

Seems back then every team was dangerous and had "A DUDE" or two capable of ruining your Sunday.

League seems extraordinarily top heavy this season in particular.
Remember the 2000 Cowboys? Looked alot like this jets team. There were more than that too. I have to disagree

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It will show a lot more then what we have seen so far..
You honestly think the Cowboys are going 0-6 against this stretch of winning teams? Outside chance Seattle and Buffalo will finish the season with losing records. The Cowboys are 0-2 on the road against probably the top 2 teams in the NFL.

zeke21

Reaction score
What miserable fans to try and downplay every win.
Lazy commentary.. fans are miserable to suggest that we have seen this all before. we have seen plenty of cowboys teams smashing lower ranked opposition and then crumbling against better opponents.

I am loving the win streak, loving the play.. loving every bit of what we are doing right now.

However I will not jump on board until they show something different than we have seen before. Solid wins against the best in the league, play off wins, championships.

Sick of being November heroes.

gmb1

Reaction score
Again when fans get angry about the media hatred towards the boys look no further than that. Yes boys are playing well, but what do we really know now that’s different from the embarrassment in SF.
Did the season end today? I mean we only played 2 of those teams.

zeke21

Reaction score
Yea sure you are.
Yep I am.. hopefully the players aren't getting ahead of themselves like some fans and realise the tests are ahead.

I'm ready to see our team compete with the best, win against the best and win something of substance.

None of the teams we are beaten are likely to finish the season with a winning record. The only team we have beaten so far that is likely to have more than even 6 wins is the Rams. We have literally beaten noone of consequence yet.

Seattle is the first minor test.. then Miami, Eagles and Bills and Lions will give us a better picture. Out of those five (I refuse to consider the final games against WSH).. I'd see it as:
1 win - fail/more of the same
2 wins - another first round play off loss ahead
3 wins - this roster has actually taken a step forward
4 wins - I'm a believer
5 wins - give us the trophy now.

So yep.. I am pretty keen to see how we go. You can't get much better form that we have.. guys are up and about.. we have strength across all three phases. Please be our year...