Only 3 teams in the NFL w/out wins vs a team above .500, bears, NYG, Dallas Cowboys

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
If the refs didn’t show off we would’ve beat the Eagles. We will beat them in a few weeks. We will beat other above .500 teams and move on to another narrative. I’ll enjoy it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This is a ridiculous attempt at a point.

Beating a team contributes to their lower winning percentage. Good God People, at least try to enjoy the journey.
Those same teams being beat by other teams over the course of the season provides the context of whether those teams are actually quality opponents or not.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The hilarious thing is the Jets were 1-0 when they played the Cowboys during Week 2 and got destroyed. Doesn't that destroy this thread's false notice?
Double standards apply. Rule #45.201, subsection 2b. I found a copy outside the woodwork one time when they got mad the team won and looked good.
I guess they threw it out. But it was gone a few days later. I guess to add an addendum.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Were the Jets not above .500 when we beat them? People just go out of their way to be completely negative about Dallas no matter what. Same old, tired, unimaginative crap being spewed. Not sure why anyone bothers to worry about it. People will tear us down no matter if we win or lose. Whether we win the superbowl or not. They will still hate. Still ridicule. Still belittle. Not sure why some of our own fans choose to do the same. A day of family and friends and you destroy your oldest rival but some just cant enjoy the moment. Let's find a reason not to be happy.
It's always a new stat when diminishing the Cowboys - then the clapping seals come along and parrot these cherry picked stats.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
This team is no different than any of the "promising" teams in the last quarter of a century. Good against the minnows (even then they are prone to lay the odd stinker - see Cardinals), but the moment the opponent punches back they curl up and give up.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Who we have beaten so far this year really means nothing to me. Its who we have to play come the playoffs. All of those teams will be good (well except for the lucky break we got last year when we got to play Tampa who was probably the worst team to ever be in the playoffs) we will have no excuses then. It doesn't matter who we have beaten or lost to in the regular season if we do our usual one and done in the playoffs.
True, except that Tampa Bay playoff team had a top 10 Defense, along with the GOAT at QB and some good weapons beside him.

Cydios

Reaction score
If we beat Giants 20 to 17, there's an argument, but utterly destroying them. Did it ever occur to anyone that some of these teams would have been better if not taking a loss to Dallas? Some of these lost players in those games to Dallas.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Meanwhile, the donkeys come out and want heeeeeehaaaawww about a win against Zach Wilson and the Jets or Tommy DeVito and the Giants and act like context doesn't matter.
The Cowboys had injuries last year along the whole Oline, plus had a bunch of scrubs at receiver (other than CeeDee). The 49ers top overall Defense held us to 12 points, but I never ever ever ever heard you or any other haters bring up those injury-riddled facts in defense of Dak and the Cowboys Offense the way you always so quickly make excuses for other QBs and their teams.

TROLL

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
The Cowboys had injuries last year along the whole Oline, plus had a bunch of scrubs at receiver (other than CeeDee). The 49ers top overall Defense held us to 12 points, but I never ever ever ever heard you or any other haters bring up those injury-riddled facts in defense of Dak and the Cowboys Offense the way you always so quickly make excuses for other QBs and their teams.

TROLL
Excuses excuses excuses.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Again when fans get angry about the media hatred towards the boys look no further than that. Yes boys are playing well, but what do we really know now that’s different from the embarrassment in SF.
Enjoy the season. These last 6 games are good prep for the playoffs.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again when fans get angry about the media hatred towards the boys look no further than that. Yes boys are playing well, but what do we really know now that’s different from the embarrassment in SF.
This just isn't true. The Dolphins and Titans don't, for example.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Th cowboys if I recall, had a winning record, against teams with winning records, last season.

So I think being 0-2 against them right now. Is too small a sample size.

The next few weeks will answer these questions.

spice

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think we beat six teams with winning records last year and did it help us in the playoffs? I think you're missing the point beating some teams above 500 will do wonders for shutting up the fan base and the media and the haters it will do nothing for the playoffs other than what give the team a little confidence it didn't work last year we beat a lot of good teams last year so again this really is just to shut people up when you get to the playoffs you're 0-0 and pretty much nothing carries over from the regular season it's a totally new season it's a reboot for everyone...

Those are all facts I don't want to hear any replies about momentum and how you're playing at the end of the year it doesn't matter because if you look at it the way we beat Tampa Bay how come I didn't carry over to the next game?? Exactly, it doesn't...

every game is week to week, every game is a new story... I don't believe in momentum, I believe you can get lucky, I believe you can either show up and the other team plays bad and you win or you show up and play great and you win but that does not affect your next game.. on the whole you just need to show up every week and do your best but, in the playoffs, can't be any more true we've seen wild card teams make it to the Super bowl because it is how you play in the playoffs each week....not what you did in the regular season, the regular season buys you a ticket but doesn't guarantee a run to the bowl.

you want to hear about luck,

I mean you tried to tell me that Philadelphia earned their trip to the Super bowl playing the giants who we've beat likes 12 straight times or brock purdy not being able to finish that game...

so they got to play a less dynamic 49er team,

how they got there was that's what they earned, they got the number one seed and they got to play those teams and they got lucky along the way that's what we need in the playoffs...health and luck go a long ways.
So making it to the Super Bowl in your opinion relies more on luck and not what you learned about your team in the regular season and not riding positive momentum heading into the tournament