Only 3 teams in the NFL w/out wins vs a team above .500, bears, NYG, Dallas Cowboys

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Th cowboys if I recall, had a winning record, against teams with winning records, last season.

So I think being 0-2 against them right now. Is too small a sample size.

The next few weeks will answer these questions.
It's not just 0-2 against teams with winning records. It's 0-2 against the two very best teams in the NFC. If Dallas was losing to Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Seattle, teams like that, you could use that to conclude they're not very good. But all you can say now is, (1) they're destroying inferior opponents, which is a good sign, (2) they appear to be a notch below the very top teams, and (3) SF has access to Cowboys voodoo dolls or something.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So making it to the Super Bowl in your opinion relies more on luck and not what you learned about your team in the regular season and not riding positive momentum heading into the tournament
It certainly relies more on luck than on "riding positive momentum," which isn't a real thing unless by momentum you mean health.

bigE79

Reaction score
Again when fans get angry about the media hatred towards the boys look no further than that. Yes boys are playing well, but what do we really know now that’s different from the embarrassment in SF.
Well,we did beat the 1-0 jets if that helps...lol

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
This team is no different than any of the "promising" teams in the last quarter of a century. Good against the minnows (even then they are prone to lay the odd stinker - see Cardinals), but the moment the opponent punches back they curl up and give up.
Not completely true now, is it? We have never blown out teams this consistently over the last 25 years. We completely crapped the bed against SF though. We may or may not do the same in the playoffs. But how about we let them get there and find out instead of crapping on them every time they do win. Not a big ask for normal fans. But seemingly impossible for a negative, hate filled few who can't seem to find enjoyment in following a team they are supposed to be a fan of. It's strange behaviour. But not unexpected at this point.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The Cowboys had injuries last year along the whole Oline, plus had a bunch of scrubs at receiver (other than CeeDee). The 49ers top overall Defense held us to 12 points, but I never ever ever ever heard you or any other haters bring up those injury-riddled facts in defense of Dak and the Cowboys Offense the way you always so quickly make excuses for other QBs and their teams.

TROLL
:lmao::lmao:

Who's talking about last year genius?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If Team A plays Team B. Team B is 1-2 and Team A is 2-1. Team A wins.

Now at the end of the season Team B is 14-3, did Team A beat an under .500 team or not? Technically they did, but is the record always cut in stone factual.

Every team who plays in this league will play easier teams at some point except the bottom feeders.

This stat is accurate, but leaves out a great deal which gives it the temperament of doom and supports a narrative for people who wish to see this team as bad because of decades of failure before. Or wants to crap on other people's enjoyment of this season.

The first part I might understand. The second is merely gutless.

Carson

Reaction score
100%

They want to act like we beat the Aaron Rodgers led Jets and the 2007 NY Giants.
I think these stats can be skewed in certain ways.

Would you rather be 8-3, with losses to two juggernauts and where we are?

Or flip it with 3-8 and wins over Arizona, SF and Philly?

They can prove a lot over the rest of the season.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
It would validate that you're actually a good team.

- The combined winning percentage of the opponents the Cowboys have beaten this year is .289 (22-51)
- The combined winning percentage of the teams that have beaten the Cowboys is .593 (19-13)

Wins are wins and you should beat the team that's on the schedule, but you can't pretend like context doesn't matter, because it does.
If we would've beaten the niners the talking point would've been let's see them do it in the playoffs. That's my point, I hear it and see it constantly in the media, and then our fans come here and regurgitate the same crap.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is why it’s a mistake to go overboard about how well the Cowboys are playing currently. We’re feasting on bad teams, but as soon as we play a contending team we get beat. That’s been the story this season so far.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Not completely true now, is it? We have never blown out teams this consistently over the last 25 years. We completely crapped the bed against SF though. We may or may not do the same in the playoffs. But how about we let them get there and find out instead of crapping on them every time they do win. Not a big ask for normal fans. But seemingly impossible for a negative, hate filled few who can't seem to find enjoyment in following a team they are supposed to be a fan of. It's strange behaviour. But not unexpected at this point.
Oh I'm not saying they should stop playing. I'm merely cautioning people to not get their hopes up because that is what this team does. Has no toughness to it.

Carson

Reaction score
If we would've beaten the niners the talking point would've been let's see them do it in the playoffs. That's my point, I hear it and see it constantly in the media, and then our fans come here and regurgitate the same crap.
Facts.

The argument now is beat a winning team. Then it’s do it in the playoffs. Then it’s get to Nfc championship. Then can’t win the Super Bowl … then it’s oh it was a down year!

It will/was always something