Only 6 picks

Chasing6

Reaction score
I see trades happening. We have to have enough guys to actually field a team.
1. We most likely trade back.
2. We will trade late picks from next year for Vets.
3. We will go on dollar store shopping spree to sign free agents after the draft. Most likely already have verbal agreements in place.
4. We will sign 20 UDFA

We are the most wealthiest sports team in the world with Oakland A's GM Philosophy.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I see trades happening. We have to have enough guys to actually field a team.
tend to agree because its simple math. Couple this with the banter from Jerry about Ceedee, I sense something has been in the works behind the scenes. If I had to choose between Ceedee or Dak being traded, I am keeping Ceedee and building around him. Daks seen better days. The Bears have 2 first rd picks this year. If I am Dallas, I want them both for Dak. Give them our 24th as well as Dak, and we get the Bears other 2 first rounders. Grab a Left tackle then a QB. If we listen to Jerry lately, he kinda is saying wouldn't it be better if we had 5-6 guys for the price of 1? He just said that. This might be real.

Chasing6

Reaction score
tend to agree because its simple math. Couple this with the banter from Jerry about Ceedee, I sense something has been in the works behind the scenes. If I had to choose between Ceedee or Dak being traded, I am keeping Ceedee and building around him. Daks seen better days. The Bears have 2 first rd picks this year. If I am Dallas, I want them both for Dak. Give them our 24th as well as Dak, and we get the Bears other 2 first rounders. Grab a Left tackle then a QB. If we listen to Jerry lately, he kinda is saying wouldn't it be better if we had 5-6 guys for the price of 1? He just said that. This might be real.
That is why Jethro loves his comp picks.

1942willys

Reaction score
Not enough capital. That would only move you up to the top of the 6 th. Those pics are not worth that much
Was hoping but yeah I see it
I can see now why if you can trade for a warm body with one of those you should do it

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They have a chance of getting 3 outstanding players with their first 3 picks. Hopefully, they do. The whole thing will be interesting regardless. Might as well enjoy it.
A chance, but not a great one.

When we've had picks in the first three rounds, here's what we've done

2023 -- Mazi Smith, Luke Schoonmaker, DeMarvion Overshown (not much return on investment so far, and definitely not much to show for their rookie year)
2022 -- Tyler Smith, Sam Williams, Jalen Tolbert (Smith has been outstanding; Williams and Tolbert not so much)
2021 -- Micah Parsons, Kelvin Joseph, Osa Odighizuwa (Parsons has been outstanding, Joseph a bust, and Odighizuwa solid)
2020 -- CeeDee Lamb, Trevon Diggs, Neville Gallimore (finally, a year with two outstanding picks, but Gallimore didn't come close to living up to the promise he showed early)
2018 -- Leighton Vander Esch, Connor Williams, Michael Gallup (a lot of promise with this group, but don't know if any of them could be considered outstanding, solid starters maybe until LVE and Gallup were undone by injuries ... so far maybe the best overall group of three, with none close to the best overall player)
2017 -- Taco Charlton, Chidobe Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis (Lewis sticking around as a solid nickel might be the only redeeming quality of this group, especially because of Charlton; Awuzie played decently as a starter)
2016 -- Ezekiel Elliott, Jaylon Smith, Maliek Collins (Elliott has some outstanding years, Smith had a moment or two, but not as a rookie, and Collins looked like he might be a find his rookie year before fizzling)
2015 -- Byron Jones, Randy Gregory, Chaz Green (Jones turned into an outstanding corner briefly while Gregory only showed flashes amid suspensions and Green ended up sucking)
2013 -- Travis Frederick, Gavin Escobar, Terrence Williams (Frederick was outstanding, Escobar was not and Williams was solid)

That's 10 years and not an outstanding group in the lot of 1-3 picks. The years I left out where we didn't have picks in all three rounds (2014-Zack Martin, DeMarcus Lawrence and 4th-rounder Anthony Hitchens, and 2019--Trysten Hill in the second, Connor McGovern in the third and Tony Pollard in the fourth) shows that we fare about as well or even better in the fourth than we do the third.

gimmesix

Reaction score

2023 -- Mazi Smith, Luke Schoonmaker, DeMarvion Overshown (not much return on investment so far, and definitely not much to show for their rookie year)
2022 -- Tyler Smith, Sam Williams, Jalen Tolbert (Smith has been outstanding; Williams and Tolbert not so much)
2021 -- Micah Parsons, Kelvin Joseph, Osa Odighizuwa (Parsons has been outstanding, Joseph a bust, and Odighizuwa solid)
2020 -- CeeDee Lamb, Trevon Diggs, Neville Gallimore (finally, a year with two outstanding picks, but Gallimore didn't come close to living up to the promise he showed early)
2018 -- Leighton Vander Esch, Connor Williams, Michael Gallup (a lot of promise with this group, but don't know if any of them could be considered outstanding, solid starters maybe until LVE and Gallup were undone by injuries ... so far maybe the best overall group of three, with none close to the best overall player)
2017 -- Taco Charlton, Chidobe Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis (Lewis sticking around as a solid nickel might be the only redeeming quality of this group, especially because of Charlton; Awuzie played decently as a starter)
2016 -- Ezekiel Elliott, Jaylon Smith, Maliek Collins (Elliott has some outstanding years, Smith had a moment or two, but not as a rookie, and Collins looked like he might be a find his rookie year before fizzling)
2015 -- Byron Jones, Randy Gregory, Chaz Green (Jones turned into an outstanding corner briefly while Gregory only showed flashes amid suspensions and Green ended up sucking)
2013 -- Travis Frederick, Gavin Escobar, Terrence Williams (Frederick was outstanding, Escobar was not and Williams was solid)

That's 10 years and not an outstanding group in the lot of 1-3 picks. The years I left out where we didn't have picks in all three rounds (2014-Zack Martin, DeMarcus Lawrence and 4th-rounder Anthony Hitchens, and 2019--Trysten Hill in the second, Connor McGovern in the third and Tony Pollard in the fourth) shows that we fare about as well or even better in the fourth than we do the third.
Whoops, just realized that was nine years. The next one where we had picks in all three rounds was 2011: Tyron Smith, Bruce Carter and DeMarco Murray. Might be our best overall group, although Carter was a little slow to arrive and didn't play great for long and Murray had some injury issues that slowed him down. Still, something like this might be the best we can hope for.

rambo2

Reaction score

In this draft they have a decent chance.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I'd stay with the seven picks they have and draft the very best player each time. Smart players of need at every opportunity can get seven quality players.
Problem is rounds 5-7 are rarely quality guys year 1. For every Pooka there’s 10 Bo Scarbroughs.

So you’re likely to only get impact from rounds 1-4. And this team has way too many holes for that.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score

Yeah but they say they draft well. Lol. Not so much. More like Jerry over pays the mediocre talent the drafted than claims they drafted well

1942willys

Reaction score
Outside of Jerry's minions no one thinks we are getting three outstanding players in our first three picks.
The best we can reasonably hope for is one top guy like Micah and Zach and so on; one really good player like LVE and maybe a backup.
Expecting to get three excellent starters is not going to happen

gimmesix

Reaction score
Yeah but they say they draft well. Lol. Not so much. More like Jerry over pays the mediocre talent the drafted than claims they drafted well
They do draft well. Overall, those are good drafts. Our fans expect the team to hit on every pick, when it's rare for that to happen with any team. Some do it better than others. Dallas isn't at the top, but it's up there. Now, last year right now is bringing them down.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
May be we can waste another pick on a TE again, or a player with injury issues.
Takes more than a rookie season before that can come into fruition, I'm willing to see how the Schoon picks plays out first.

1942willys

Reaction score
Schoon was a dumb pick. We can hope he shows something that we can get something for sometime but that is probably it