Operation Catnip

haleyrules

Reaction score
yes and want more advice on the sticky mat idea to separate rats from cats...
The solution to rodents is very simple. Poison from the inside and traps. They are gone fast. The rat will take the poison back to its nest and it will poison the offspring!

waldoputty

Reaction score
The solution to rodents is very simple. Poison from the inside and traps. They are gone fast. The rat will take the poison back to its nest and it will poison the offspring!

i am not there enough to do the poison traps too much. that is the problem

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Any good news Waldo?
As Haley said Poison will be far more effective.

We should make a movie titled: Waldo and the Rats.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Any good news Waldo?
As Haley said Poison will be far more effective.

We should make a movie titled: Waldo and the Rats.

because i slept through the night in SF, i could not tell if there were any noises.
my guess is the rat(s) is still there.
the food was eaten apparently in the day time, so i left more when i left and sprayed catnip.

i dont want to use poison everywhere because i am not there enough.
next trip will try more things.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
because i slept through the night in SF, i could not tell if there were any noises.
my guess is the rat(s) is still there.
the food was eaten apparently in the day time, so i left more when i left and sprayed catnip.

i dont want to use poison everywhere because i am not there enough.
next trip will try more things.
Have you considered tearing down the house and starting over

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
No offense intended but this is some crazy sheet.

Why do you need to be there to use poison? I'd put out some poison and call it a day.

You could also try the bucket trap aka the Maine mousa.

Place five gallon bucket on floor. Fill half way with water. Place cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels over a thin piece of scrap wood or something similar and lay that assembly across top of bucket. Put some peanut butter on the cardboard tube. Lean a board or something against the bucket.

Rodent smells bait. Scampers up the ramp, across the board and onto the tube only to have it spin out from underneath flinging him into the bucket. Trap remains set for the next one.

Good luck. This is a great thread.

waldoputty

Reaction score

Why do you need to be there to use poison? I'd put out some poison and call it a day.

Place five gallon bucket on floor. Fill half way with water. Place cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels over a thin piece of scrap wood or something similar and lay that assembly across top of bucket. Put some peanut butter on the cardboard tube. Lean a board or something against the bucket.

Rodent smells bait. Scampers up the ramp, across the board and onto the tube only to have it spin out from underneath flinging him into the bucket. Trap remains set for the next one.

thanks for the reply.
well the normal bait did not work well, and i had to use the liquid bait that is not sold in stores.
i am worried about that getting out of control as it would have to be put outside the house.
i just looked up the maine mousa.
pretty interesting video on it.
the issue is the rat(s) not finding the trap rather than stealing the food from the trap.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
mouse_killer.JPG

Use less water, maybe 1/3 of the bucket...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Is that a scene from Tom & Jerry? :lmao: