Opinion: Dak can’t throw a football more than 10 yards

phildadon86

Reaction score
PFF article was from june, CBS article is from what Dak has been going through this year. What dak has done and what he's doing now is clearly not the same. but those who don't watch games may not know this.
I watch every game. Nice try. And I am simply posting the article from last year because its actually a total body of work. This guy didnt even post an article and you're running to defend what he wrote. So I found the article. And its literally talking about mostly the Houston game. Which we all saw.

Completing 51 percent of your deep balls actually isnt bad considering the defenses he is facing and our complete lack of speed at WR. Also. Go search the deep ball stats of the season. The numbers are down across the board my friend. Maybe watch another game this weekend and see?

ESisback

Reaction score
Against a team with 1 win. Lol

Dak is a check down interception machine now.

This is the NFL, professional football. Most times, the gap between 1 win and 10 wins isn’t that big. Houston had a good game plan, and IMHO, many took the Texans too lightly.

Of course, if we lose in the playoffs, the “realists” will feel validated. But doesn’t crying get old after awhile?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dak Prescott struggles throwing the ball downfield: Prescott isn't the problem with the Cowboys offense, but the unit is lacking explosiveness because of his issues stretching the field. On passes of 10-plus air yards, Prescott went 6 of 13 with an interception (55.9 rating) -- one week after going 1 of 8 with a 0.0 rating.

Prescott has completed just 51.1% on the season with passes that went for 10-plus air yards with four touchdowns to eight interceptions (66.4 rating). On throws for 25-plus air yards, Prescott has completed just 21.4% of his passes with a 31.0 passer rating. ”
Dak just threw a 50 yard bomb to Brown last game and a 68 yard bomb to Pollard against Minnesota. Dak is taking what the defense gives him. Teams are playing the two deep safeties defense you don’t beat that with the bomb.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott struggles throwing the ball downfield: Prescott isn't the problem with the Cowboys offense, but the unit is lacking explosiveness because of his issues stretching the field. On passes of 10-plus air yards, Prescott went 6 of 13 with an interception (55.9 rating) -- one week after going 1 of 8 with a 0.0 rating.

Prescott has completed just 51.1% on the season with passes that went for 10-plus air yards with four touchdowns to eight interceptions (66.4 rating). On throws for 25-plus air yards, Prescott has completed just 21.4% of his passes with a 31.0 passer rating. ”
He averaged 11.8 yards per completion in the Houston game.

Just saying......

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak just threw a 50 yard bomb to Brown last game and a 68 yard bomb to Pollard against Minnesota. Dak is taking what the defense gives him. Teams are playing the two deep safeties defense you don’t beat that with the bomb.
Why do you bother anymore? The guy who posted this is a member of the October club. Eagles fan who showed up expecting them to go undefeated.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hi @PAPPYDOG....interesting ghost account. the writing style is a lot like yours. dead give away.

given you could never post a link to any articles and it was all made up...this also follows a similar pattern.

I guess you have to stay on this board one way or the other....
a72d3bc57f144dcef60b1a1fef366c3d554ae435333967280202c0a5e515f022_1.jpg

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the NFL, professional football. Most times, the gap between 1 win and 10 wins isn’t that big. Houston had a good game plan, and IMHO, many took the Texans too lightly.

Of course, if we lose in the playoffs, the “realists” will feel validated. But doesn’t crying get old after awhile?
That's odd. I heard that after the game.

So...are a "good" team based on our record?

I know....end of the year they don;t parse out any "almosts". Just W's and L's. But I mean isn't the saying you are as good as your record says you are? Or as bad?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
are you kidding...rent free....man you are losing out....I should be paying you for living in my head...instead you are here free. jeez, who is the loser now... :)
EVerybody is doing this now come on.

Like how "MAD AS HELL" everyone was after the win Sunday.

Um...no...no they weren't. People just lied so they could feel better about themselves.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That's odd. I heard that after the game.

So...are a "good" team based on our record?

I know....end of the year they don;t parse out any "almosts". Just W's and L's. But I mean isn't the saying you are as good as your record says you are? Or as bad?

Nope .. the Cowboys can't be a good team because they have the same record as the Vikings.. whom the Cowboys beat which confirms that they are NOT a good team.. because... you know the Cowboys can't beat good teams.. So both the Cowboys and the Vikings suck.. no matter what their records are..

Mannix

Reaction score
David Carr video aside, I still remember the throwing game that The Clapping Carrot used to make Dak play with him where they stand perfectly still 15 yards apart and put their hands stationary at the front of their chest to catch each others passes....Dak could NEVER hit the Clapping Carrot's chest without him having to move his hands to catch the ball....he just couldn't do it no matter how many times he tried....The Clapping Carrot hit him perfectly EVERY time....how embarrassing....and I'm not just referring to the 40 million per year. :muttley:

phildadon86

Reaction score
David Carr video aside, I still remember the gaem the The Clapping Carrot used to make Dak play with him where they stand perfectly still 15 yards apart and but there hands stationary at the fron fo their chest to catch each others passes....Dak could NEVER hit the Clapping Carrot's chest without him having to move his stationary hands to catch the ball....he just couldn't do it no matter how many times he tried.
LOL. We going here?

How about the "Accuracy" competition this off season when Dak beat out Justin Herbert? Does that make Dak more accurate than Herbert? Or is it just a stupid competition that these guys dont actually take seriously? Ask yourself that question.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Opinions are like butt holes everyone has one.

Dak can throw deep. He is accurate deep when he has deep route running personnel at receiver.

Everyone wants to minimize losing a Pro Bowl, top 10 pick in the draft, season, and game changing WR.