Opinion: Dak can’t throw a football more than 10 yards

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Dak Prescott struggles throwing the ball downfield: Prescott isn't the problem with the Cowboys offense, but the unit is lacking explosiveness because of his issues stretching the field. On passes of 10-plus air yards, Prescott went 6 of 13 with an interception (55.9 rating) -- one week after going 1 of 8 with a 0.0 rating.

Prescott has completed just 51.1% on the season with passes that went for 10-plus air yards with four touchdowns to eight interceptions (66.4 rating). On throws for 25-plus air yards, Prescott has completed just 21.4% of his passes with a 31.0 passer rating. ”
Dak is horrible. No Super Bowl with Dak. Not going to happen. The $170 million man is a fraud and laughing all the what to the bank in his rolls Royce.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.
I dont know how up to date that info was?
Dak seems to be struggling with the deep ball more so since his return from injury this year.
The percentages for the entire league are down on balls over 20 yards. The league is now using a cover 2 almost exclusively to prohibit chunk plays. Long bombs are few and far between and the only teams that are teeing off and taking deep shots consistently are teams that have dual threat QBs. Or tyreek hill. Lol

Jarntt

Reaction score
I don't agree Dak can't throw the ball over 10 yards. But, I will admit that it drove me crazy how on what seemed like almost every 3rd down last week he threw the ball 5 yards short of the markers. I mean what the heck was he doing there?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Dak Prescott struggles throwing the ball downfield: Prescott isn't the problem with the Cowboys offense, but the unit is lacking explosiveness because of his issues stretching the field. On passes of 10-plus air yards, Prescott went 6 of 13 with an interception (55.9 rating) -- one week after going 1 of 8 with a 0.0 rating.

Prescott has completed just 51.1% on the season with passes that went for 10-plus air yards with four touchdowns to eight interceptions (66.4 rating). On throws for 25-plus air yards, Prescott has completed just 21.4% of his passes with a 31.0 passer rating. ”

My rerply to the title of this thread you created.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Montana didn't have great arm strength (and, no, I'm not comparing Dak's career with Montana's so stop before you start).

Arm strength is overrated and only useful when you need Hail Mary's or when you have a speed receiver like Tyreek Hill.

Accuracy and anticipation are the most important traits in terms of throwing a ball.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I watch every game. Nice try. And I am simply posting the article from last year because its actually a total body of work. This guy didnt even post an article and you're running to defend what he wrote. So I found the article. And its literally talking about mostly the Houston game. Which we all saw.

Completing 51 percent of your deep balls actually isnt bad considering the defenses he is facing and our complete lack of speed at WR. Also. Go search the deep ball stats of the season. The numbers are down across the board my friend. Maybe watch another game this weekend and see?

IF YOU WATCH THE GAMES AND I BELIEVE YOU BUT YOU ALSO HAVE TO HAVE NOTICED THEY DON'T GO DEEP LIKE THEY USED TOO. SRY ABOUT CAPS I'M AT WORK. ANYWAY IT MAY BE CAUSE GALLUP ISN'T RIGHT OR I DUNNO THEY MISS HAVING AMARI TO HELP OPEN THINGS UP FOR OTHERS.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't agree Dak can't throw the ball over 10 yards. But, I will admit that it drove me crazy how on what seemed like almost every 3rd down last week he threw the ball 5 yards short of the markers. I mean what the heck was he doing there?
THAT'S play calling or imprecise route running.
We've got to design plays to get receivers past the sticks on third and short.

JayFord

Reaction score
imagine a starting NFL QB whos top 10 not being able to chuck it 10 yards or more, but is 10-3 and at this time last year was 9-4

then imagine people believing it

then imagine people that are fans of the team believing it as well

JayFord

Reaction score
Dak play football like he got on timberlands and a northface

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
This post tells a truth that many do not want to see, even if the cowboys won the SB, I would be one of the many who disagree that the QB for the cowboys is Dakota, because if they win the SB it will not be for Dak but for the team as a whole, they could still win the SB with Cooper Rush, if you see the best plays by TY Hilton you will notice, that many plays were with long distance passes, thanks to the great arm that Luck had, and that made you notice TY's explosiveness, but you're not going to be able to exploit a player like that if your QB doesn't have an arm similar to Luck's, and this is the reality of Dak, he's an average QB, inconstant, with a full wallet, and I think TY it's going to be wasted because of the QB.

JayFord

Reaction score
This post tells a truth that many do not want to see, even if the cowboys won the SB, I would be one of the many who disagree that the QB for the cowboys is Dakota, because if they win the SB it will not be for Dak but for the team as a whole, they could still win the SB with Cooper Rush, if you see the best plays by TY Hilton you will notice, that many plays were with long distance passes, thanks to the great arm that Luck had, and that made you notice TY's explosiveness, but you're not going to be able to exploit a player like that if your QB doesn't have an arm similar to Luck's, and this is the reality of Dak, he's an average QB, inconstant, with a full wallet, and I think TY it's going to be wasted because of the QB.
TY wasnt bought in here to do anything other than make a play here or there and be consistant

Creeper

Reaction score
Maybe its because he doesn't throw downfield enough. Sometimes he goes a long time dumping it off to the backs and TEs.

JayFord

Reaction score
He threw a 50 yarder to Noah Brown…so there is that.

it was only because the defensive back had his back turned and Noah caught it with both his hands, he also used both his eyes

i fully believe dak was trying to throw it to Mike McCarthy

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lol. My lord

ghst187

Reaction score
Dak struggles with mixed coverages. I don’t think that’s bashing, it’s true for most QBs. That’s why he does well in hurry up. I don’t really think his struggle is related to short or long passes, I think it’s varying coverages and the hurry up and RPO simplifies things for him. Philly figured this out. Hurtz isn’t a hair better than Dak, they are just making it easy for him and playing to his strengths while also having a competent FO who has stacked the roster.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some of the problems with Dak this season has been our receivers. This is why the Cowboys had a big interest in OBJ and why they signed TY Hilton. Dak has been inconsistent throwing the ball this season but some of that is on the receivers. He had two TD passes that were dropped against the Texans. He’s had several passes deflect off receivers this season. Some of that has been on him and some of it has been on the receivers.

Last edited:

JayFord

Reaction score
Dak struggles with mixed coverages. I don’t think that’s bashing, it’s true for most QBs. That’s why he does well in hurry up. I don’t really think his struggle is related to short or long passes, I think it’s varying coverages and the hurry up and RPO simplifies things for him. Philly figured this out. Hurtz isn’t a hair better than Dak, they are just making it easy for him and playing to his strengths while also having a competent FO who has stacked the roster.

its only a few QBs ive seen dice up multiple coverages a game no matter what and Peyton Manning was one

Zone or Man you rarely ever fooled him