Opinion: Dak can’t throw a football more than 10 yards

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott struggles throwing the ball downfield: Prescott isn't the problem with the Cowboys offense, but the unit is lacking explosiveness because of his issues stretching the field. On passes of 10-plus air yards, Prescott went 6 of 13 with an interception (55.9 rating) -- one week after going 1 of 8 with a 0.0 rating.

Prescott has completed just 51.1% on the season with passes that went for 10-plus air yards with four touchdowns to eight interceptions (66.4 rating). On throws for 25-plus air yards, Prescott has completed just 21.4% of his passes with a 31.0 passer rating. ”
The team has averaged 35.7 points per game since Dak has been back. That's explosive enough for me.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he gets enough air underneath it he can throw down the field. anybody can. the question is can you do it and hit the receiver in stride? once while he does usually it's not the case.
Throwing a rope hes good for 15 yards as far as I can tell.
that is the limit and even then it's 50/50 on target
The poor guy needs a good quarterback coach which I'm sure the cowboys have set him up with, in which case he may be done

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
David Carr video aside, I still remember the throwing game that The Clapping Carrot used to make Dak play with him where they stand perfectly still 15 yards apart and put their hands stationary at the front of their chest to catch each others passes....Dak could NEVER hit the Clapping Carrot's chest without him having to move his hands to catch the ball....he just couldn't do it no matter how many times he tried....The Clapping Carrot hit him perfectly EVERY time....how embarrassing....and I'm not just referring to the 40 million per year. :muttley:
This year.

Now go ahead and disappear just like every other troll...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He can, but he doesn't have the velocity to fit it in tight windows consistently. It has hurt him this year, he is really trying to prove his arm can win games. I hope Moore reigns him in at some point and we get back to how we were using our players when Rush was starting. (I don't care about PPG since Dak has returned, at some point a team is going to take advantage of his mistakes. We've gotten lucky)

jujoboys

Reaction score
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankin...ng-performance-arizona-cardinals-kyler-murray

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-accurate-deep-ball-2021

I don’t think he suddenly forgot how to, lol acting like he cannot is strange but it hasn’t been happening much this season.

I think the problem with us throwing the ball down field is the lack of time given by the OLine. It seems like every time we try to throw the ball down the field Dak is taking a hit during the throw. Happened in the game against the Texans. Just my opinion from what i have seen. Either they are not giving enough time or Dak isn't trusting them to give us enough time.

exciter

Reaction score
Dak Prescott struggles throwing the ball downfield: Prescott isn't the problem with the Cowboys offense, but the unit is lacking explosiveness because of his issues stretching the field. On passes of 10-plus air yards, Prescott went 6 of 13 with an interception (55.9 rating) -- one week after going 1 of 8 with a 0.0 rating.

Prescott has completed just 51.1% on the season with passes that went for 10-plus air yards with four touchdowns to eight interceptions (66.4 rating). On throws for 25-plus air yards, Prescott has completed just 21.4% of his passes with a 31.0 passer rating. ”
Lol, just a couple years back he finished 2nd in the league in completions over 20 yards. People here said he was just padding his stats and would take what the defense gave him, if he really wanted to win. He’s taking what the defense is giving him and winning and we’re back to the brain dead “he can’t throw more 10 yards”! The”stoopid on the board goes round and round, round and round”!!!

Cmac

Reaction score
Where do they come up with this bs?

It really is quite something...i think they have one of the posters here working for them.
......and maybe one working for Madden with the rating system.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score

Opinion: It’s hard to tell some poster’s heads from their rears.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

He can throw it more than 10 yards.
The issue is: Can he throw it accurately more than 10 yards?
That's the better question.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The mods here really need to start locking idiotic threads. There has to at least be some standards.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
He can throw it more than 10 yards.
The issue is: Can he throw it accurately more than 10 yards?
That's the better question.
People already did the work for you... all you gotta do is click, read and learn. It ain't that hard.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankin...ng-performance-arizona-cardinals-kyler-murray https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-accurate-deep-ball-2021 I don’t think he suddenly forgot how to, lol acting like he cannot is strange but it hasn’t been happening much this season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
When a QB is not having a good day, you got 1 of 2 option you get to the point you are afraid to throw the ball to avoid a mistake or you step up and attack. Dak choose the later. Even when we had Romo and he had an off day the one thing you could count on was he was not going to go into a shell he would continue to attack. We can sit here and say he played a bad game but in the end when we needed him to step up and get it done he did just that going 6 of 7 for 79 yards before Zeke ran it in from the 2

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If it's 3rd and 8 everyone is holding their breath when Dakko goes back to pass......:muttley:
Now just say it isn't so folks say it isn't so?????:omg: