Opinion: Dak can’t throw a football more than 10 yards

817Gill

Reaction score
Somebody doesn't want to take off Dak's letter jacket just yet.
Wait, so you can use an accuracy game he lost versus David Carr as evidence of his deficiencies but ignore it when the same accuracy game he won versus Herbert is used to debunk that?

When you offer it it’s real insight but when another poster counters with the same exact game you just use childish jabs lol?

Can you actually offer a real explanation as to why his contest against Carr is usable but the same contest against Herbert isn’t?

Let me guess, probably gonna reply with something that has no actual football insight.

Jarntt

Reaction score
You asked what was he doing there? That suggests you're talking about the wide receiver/tight end.
If you are, then it's the receiver's fault because if you're talking about Dak, he shouldn't have been beyond the line of scrimmage except to run.
If you're talking about why Dak was five yards down the field, then it's a very awkward sentence because Dak wouldn't be looking to pass then.
I don't think you are responding to the right person or you misunderstood what I said. I said we threw the ball on multiple 3rd downs at least 5 yards short of the first down marker. I'm not saying Dak was 5 yards passed the LOS

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope .. the Cowboys can't be a good team because they have the same record as the Vikings.. whom the Cowboys beat which confirms that they are NOT a good team.. because... you know the Cowboys can't beat good teams.. So both the Cowboys and the Vikings suck.. no matter what their records are..
:lmao2:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dak Prescott struggles throwing the ball downfield: Prescott isn't the problem with the Cowboys offense, but the unit is lacking explosiveness because of his issues stretching the field. On passes of 10-plus air yards, Prescott went 6 of 13 with an interception (55.9 rating) -- one week after going 1 of 8 with a 0.0 rating.

Prescott has completed just 51.1% on the season with passes that went for 10-plus air yards with four touchdowns to eight interceptions (66.4 rating). On throws for 25-plus air yards, Prescott has completed just 21.4% of his passes with a 31.0 passer rating. ”
Just a stupid take. The Dakaholism is so bad in some parts. People can’t help themselves.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Dak Prescott struggles throwing the ball downfield: Prescott isn't the problem with the Cowboys offense, but the unit is lacking explosiveness because of his issues stretching the field. On passes of 10-plus air yards, Prescott went 6 of 13 with an interception (55.9 rating) -- one week after going 1 of 8 with a 0.0 rating.

Prescott has completed just 51.1% on the season with passes that went for 10-plus air yards with four touchdowns to eight interceptions (66.4 rating). On throws for 25-plus air yards, Prescott has completed just 21.4% of his passes with a 31.0 passer rating. ”

I disagree...Dak has an elite arm..and he can be accurate with the best of them..his numbers show that..we all think Aikman had the best arm..But go look at his completion percentage...Sure, the game has changed. But to dis on Dak for being any more inaccurate than Romo, Aikman, et al, is just being disingenuos, at best. He's right there with them, statistically.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This post tells a truth that many do not want to see, even if the cowboys won the SB, I would be one of the many who disagree that the QB for the cowboys is Dakota, because if they win the SB it will not be for Dak but for the team as a whole, they could still win the SB with Cooper Rush, if you see the best plays by TY Hilton you will notice, that many plays were with long distance passes, thanks to the great arm that Luck had, and that made you notice TY's explosiveness, but you're not going to be able to exploit a player like that if your QB doesn't have an arm similar to Luck's, and this is the reality of Dak, he's an average QB, inconstant, with a full wallet, and I think TY it's going to be wasted because of the QB.
hell will freeze over, twice, maybe three times if we ever win a superbowl with Rush. I will bet anything you want. ANYTHING. and the bet stands until Rush retires.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Okay. So how isn't he the problem with the offense?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Maybe its because he doesn't throw downfield enough. Sometimes he goes a long time dumping it off to the backs and TEs.
and then there is fans who say we should have more WR and RB screen in the game plan...

go figure

throw it short. no don't throw it short
throw screens, no don't throw screen.
throw dump off, no don't throw dump offs
throw long, no don't throw long
throw to the side, no don't throw to the side
throw in the middle, no don't throw in the middle.

so what is it? which is it?

CWR

Reaction score
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankin...ng-performance-arizona-cardinals-kyler-murray

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-accurate-deep-ball-2021

I don’t think he suddenly forgot how to, lol acting like he cannot is strange but it hasn’t been happening much this season.

I think this is the natural progression from last season. We started off very explosive in 2021 and then defenses took away chunk options and forced longer sustained, longer drives.

Last year we floundered in adjusting to that, in large because the run game fell of the map. This year they are executing and making the opposition pay for leaving weak spots within 10 yards.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
it was only because the defensive back had his back turned and Noah caught it with both his hands, he also used both his eyes

i fully believe dak was trying to throw it to Mike McCarthy
actually his target was Moore, but given his tendency not be able to read defenses, he went for Mccarthy and because of his inaccurcy issues threw it to brown instead

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree...Dak has an elite arm..and he can be accurate with the best of them..his numbers show that..we all think Aikman had the best arm..But go look at his completion percentage...Sure, the game has changed. But to dis on Dak for being any more inaccurate than Romo, Aikman, et al, is just being disingenuos, at best. He's right there with them, statistically.

This one's a real whopper.

I mean. Wow. Let the stench sting the nostrils.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Lol, just a couple years back he finished 2nd in the league in completions over 20 yards. People here said he was just padding his stats and would take what the defense gave him, if he really wanted to win. He’s taking what the defense is giving him and winning and we’re back to the brain dead “he can’t throw more 10 yards”! The”stoopid on the board goes round and round, round and round”!!!

Texans played like a good team Sunday. I actually expect some wins from them in the next few weeks. They shouldnt be 1-10. I think the FO went into this year as a rebuilding year and wanted tonsee how they stacked ip againsy Dallas, brought their A-game.

Noah Brown, Schultz, Zeke, and I'd say Peters really bailed us out at the end. But the defense also stepped up when it counted. I like our grit.

Records mean nada as soon they kick off in the NFL.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't think you are responding to the right person or you misunderstood what I said. I said we threw the ball on multiple 3rd downs at least 5 yards short of the first down marker. I'm not saying Dak was 5 yards passed the LOS

Here's what you said:

Jarntt said:
I don't agree Dak can't throw the ball over 10 yards. But, I will admit that it drove me crazy how on what seemed like almost every 3rd down last week he threw the ball 5 yards short of the markers. I mean what the heck was he doing there?

The "There" threw me off.

If you didn't include it, then I would have read your statement like you intended it, i.e., what is Dak doing throwing the ball 5 yards short of the markers.

But by adding there, it also implies that someone is stationed short of the first down. If someone is stop his route short of the marker, that suggests bad play calling or inaccurate route running by the receiver. That's not on Dak.

If a receiver runs a route beyond the sticks and is not open, that's not on Dak.

If a receiver runs a route beyond the sticks and is open, but Dak doesn't get him the ball, that's on Dak.

I've seen too many short routes that don't progress beyond the sticks on third downs. I'm not putting the blame on Dak.

I'm not all or nothing for Dak or against Dak. He accepts some blame, but not ALL blame.

Some people on this board are unable to give him credit or blame depending on their overall opinion of him as a quarterback. That's not me.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think the problem with us throwing the ball down field is the lack of time given by the OLine. It seems like every time we try to throw the ball down the field Dak is taking a hit during the throw. Happened in the game against the Texans. Just my opinion from what i have seen. Either they are not giving enough time or Dak isn't trusting them to give us enough time.

What the other posters are saying about teams using Cover 2 most of the time is also part of it.

Dallas needs guys who arent afraid to make plays in traffic.

I really like what I'm seeing from Noah Brown in that regard lately. He isn't the most graceful or flashy...but he'll take one for the team. And you gotta have that in the fearlessness at WR in the NFL.

Hilton also plays like that, which is why I suspect we signed him. I was thinking Will Fuller would be a good fit. But Hilton is an even better fit when I think about it.