Opinion: Dak is losing endorsements by the minute

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Just my observation as a fulltime Cowboy fan and having been in the media as a professional photographer.

While Dak mitigates his contract..

no advertiser will feature him in upcoming commercials or appearances using the Cowboy logo.

Advertisers can not risk shooting Dak and suddenly he does not play for the team becuz of a dispute.

This is costing him multi-million and he knows it.

The longer this goes on, the more it will cost. It's now May and Dak is not signing in the foreseeable future. Commercials have to be written, cast and executed to get them ready to be used.

I have said many times before about how I feel about Dak and his issues. That is not what this is about.

This is my professional opinion and Dak needs to wrap this up. Otherwise, he will not be in mini camp nor ready for TC whenever the season is given the go ahead.

QBs like Wilson, Jackson, Mahomes, Brees and others are going to get the contracts as Dak remains in limbo.

That is a lot of money to leave on the table..free money if you will.

I really do hope he and the team come to terms soon.

Both sides need the good vibes and positive image going forward.

:starspin:

DanA

Reaction score
In 2015 Romo was earning about 5m in endorsements while Russell Wilson was earning 6.5m and Eli 9m. Dak not playing at Dallas might see a small drop in endorsement income and not paying tax is also probably a factor, but if he picked his team well it's not going to be a huge difference IMO.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@Redball Express I think businesses have a lot more to worry about right now than who to pay to advertise their products. I believe companies are conserving cash and cutting back as much as possible on advertising. And if there is no season then there will be little to no advertising.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Dak wasn't making a ton on endorsements before this. Dak wasn't even top 10 in yearly endorsement earnnings and 10th was only making $5 million.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just my observation as a fulltime Cowboy fan and having been in the media as a professional photographer.

no advertiser will feature him in upcoming commercials or appearances using the Cowboy logo.

Advertisers can not risk shooting Dak and suddenly he does not play for the team becuz of a dispute.

The longer this goes on, the more it will cost. It's now May and Dak is not signing in the foreseeable future. Commercials have to be written, cast and executed to get them ready to be used.

I have said many times before about how I feel about Dak and his issues. That is not what this is about.

This is my professional opinion and Dak needs to wrap this up. Otherwise, he will not be in mini camp nor ready for TC whenever the season is given the go ahead.

QBs like Wilson, Jackson, Mahomes, Brees and others are going to get the contracts as Dak remains in limbo.

Reaching a bit?????

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Interesting angle.
:thumbup: