Opinion: Dak is losing endorsements by the minute

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere last year that Dak made $2.1 million in endorsements.

Nevermind, found I was slightly off . . .

Prescott, 26, has endorsement deals with several top companies, including Campbell’s Chunky Soup, 7-Eleven, New Era caps, Sleep Number beds, Pepsi, Citi, and Oikos. Aside from those deals – many of which are in place for years to come – Prescott has taken out loss-of-value and disability insurance policies that will compensate him in the event of a career-ending injury.

Taken together, Prescott’s endorsement deals and insurance policies are worth more than $50 million, ESPN reported, citing league sources familiar with the matter. By comparison, Prescott is set to earn a base salary of slightly more than $2 million during the 2019 season.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cowboys-apos-dak-prescott-earns-010241953.html

I guess this and other reports came from same source; they all include insurance with the endorsements. That's not inclusive to me; then again, I thought he only made $2 million.

That was what I was saying earlier. He could have a $50 million dollar insurance policy and only be making $2 million in endorsements.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
He's not losing anything.
The longer he waits the better for him.
QB prices only go up.

Last year, the Cowboys offered him $30 million a year, and he would make $31 million on the tag. So far he has gained $1 million, but in the end it will still depend on the contract he actually signs.

mardwin

Reaction score
Technically Dak is still the Cowboys QB. If that chances he WILL lose endorsements.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Last year, the Cowboys offered him $30 million a year, and he would make $31 million on the tag. So far he has gained $1 million, but in the end it will still depend on the contract he actually signs.
That doesn't matter.
What does matter is qb salary is a one way graph that only goes up over time.

Even if someone lost X amount this year, the money would quickly be repaid then surge the other direction.
Dak probably could have made 25m a year 2 years ago, 30 last year, 35 this year....
He will be almost 40M on a 2nd franchise tag is that occurs....

Money is only going one way. Up.
The Cowboys should have used their brains and signed him already.
Waiting is literally stupid.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
That doesn't matter.
What does matter is qb salary is a one way graph that only goes up over time.

Even if someone lost X amount this year, the money would quickly be repaid then surge the other direction.
Dak probably could have made 25m a year 2 years ago, 30 last year, 35 this year....
He will be almost 40M on a 2nd franchise tag is that occurs....

Money is only going one way. Up.
The Cowboys should have used their brains and signed him already.
Waiting is literally stupid.

It's possible Dak could have a horrible year and be seen as a backup. Or the coronavirus has long-term implications on league revenue and the salary cap actually goes down. Not saying either is likely but it is possible.

Hadenough

Reaction score
What's the point of doing commercials if used to cover a team discount rather than to add to income?
He wouldn't have the commercials if it wasn't for the Cowboys and a team discount would get him long term deal with job security.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wouldn't have the commercials if it wasn't for the Cowboys and a team discount would get him long term deal with job security.
Are you really saying he owes it to the Cowboys to do commercials for the purpose of making enough money to give the Cowboys a discount?

Do you think any other player views their endorsements that way?

As for Dak not having the commercials if it wasn't the Cowboys, being on a high profile team like the Cowboys obviously helps, but that would mean nothing if Dak hadn't played well, so he has to get some of the credit.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those are specialized for a particular set of circumstances though, not a business as usual situation.
Not really...everything from car dealers to AC repair to restaurants. If your air goes out you're calling your usual repair. And these only stand out because of virus noted.

New commercials are being made. Fact.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really...everything from car dealers to AC repair to restaurants. If your air goes out you're calling your usual repair. And these only stand out because of virus noted.

New commercials are being made. Fact.
Dak is doing AC repair commercials? lol

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is doing AC repair commercials? lol
LOL....you guys...always making something out of nothing.

My one and ONLY point was someone said "nobody making ads right now". I simply (I had thought) said "yes...new ads are being made".

Good fun on the internet, right? :p

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL....you guys...always making something out of nothing.

My one and ONLY point was someone said "nobody making ads right now". I simply (I had thought) said "yes...new ads are being made".

Good fun on the internet, right? :p
Relax a bit - that was a joke about the AC commercials.

I just saying I didn't think there were a lot of new endorsement deals right now, and that the stay at home and be safe ads are just short term things, not part of what will be an ongoing ad campaign.

But you are right, there are still commercials being made.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
How would they make commercials?

Are you for real?

Have you seen all the flood of commercials on TV about the illness and people helping each other?

Those are all new in the last 60 days.

I have no doubt those businesses have special "Must Have" designations and are working day and nite.

These are very different days.

I am worried about the season even happening.

We shall see.

Actually I don't watch a lot of television, but I asked my wife and she advised me there are some new Covid-related commercials. So I was wrong there, but as far as Dak losing commercials, as I said, I'd have to see some objective information there.

I'm not particularly worried about the season since it's still a couple of months from even the normal training camp dates, and worrying about it doesn't help, can't do anything about it.

Yep, we'll see...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Actually I don't watch a lot of television, but I asked my wife and she advised me there are some new Covid-related commercials. So I was wrong there, but as far as Dak losing commercials, as I said, I'd have to see some objective information there.

I'm not particularly worried about the season since it's still a couple of months from even the normal training camp dates, and worrying about it doesn't help, can't do anything about it.

Yep, we'll see...
Good old fashion intelligent answer.

No TV bro?

Holy crap Batman.

How are you going to know when China unleashes the next virus?

Oh..wifey will know. Dem girl's know everything..just ask them..

just fooling with you.

Woody's Girl will be down my throat if she reads this.

Anywho..about Dak..

I have officially withdrawn from the Dak Race to sign him.

When I really analyzed my feelings..

I came to the conclusion I really have no interest in Dak.

I just want after 25 years of losing to consistantly win again.

If it's with Dak..fine. Cooper Rush..fine. Aaron Rodgers..fine.

I think we missed not signing Brady. He would take less than Dak and comes with SIX RINGS ready made.

We blew that playing around with Mr. Prescott.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Good old fashion intelligent answer.

No TV bro?

Holy crap Batman.

How are you going to know when China unleashes the next virus?

Oh..wifey will know. Dem girl's know everything..just ask them..

just fooling with you.

Woody's Girl will be down my throat if she reads this.

Anywho..about Dak..

I have officially withdrawn from the Dak Race to sign him.

When I really analyzed my feelings..

I came to the conclusion I really have no interest in Dak.

I just want after 25 years of losing to consistantly win again.

If it's with Dak..fine. Cooper Rush..fine. Aaron Rodgers..fine.

I think we missed not signing Brady. He would take less than Dak and comes with SIX RINGS ready made.

We blew that playing around with Mr. Prescott.

Very good chance we win a SB with Brady, but due to his age, probably wouldn't have him around that long. I've grown so tired over the past 25 years of no SBs that I could (and have) screamed. But I'd rather try and build around Dak and be competitive for the next 10 years or so than grab a SB and have to wait another 25 years for one. I grew up watching Dallas be one of the top teams year in and year out, never having to wait more than 14 years between SBs, got spoiled I guess, and I just prefer consistent good play vs. one great season followed by year after year of mediocrity.

Yeah and the whole Dak thing is overblown, sure quarterback is the biggest part of an NFL team, but I've also watched players like Marino, Moon, and even Archie Manning (dating myself here I know) struggle with not so good teams and not win a SB for their teams.

Depends on what you want...