Opinion: Dak is losing endorsements by the minute

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dak should realize that Texas pays less in tax & being QB for the Cowboys brings him more in endorsements.

I cant remember which media guy was saying that Dallas messed up and should have let Dak test the market because even if there was a team or 2 that would offer him around the money he wants. He would need to even make more money by signing somewhere other than Dallas cause he would lose the tax & endorsement money, which is probably an extra 4-5 million a year playing for the Cowboys.

Not to mention that the Cowboys have given him more weapons & O-line help than pretty much any QB sees in their career.
It just blows me away when somebody actually posts a real answer rather than a glib 3 word response to a 599 character post.

This is clear..

amazing..

concise..

remarkable.

Thanx.

Oh..I agree about the tax free thing.

Once was engage to a pretty little Torontonian and lived there awhile. They are socialized there.

Everything is taxed. 18 per cent. Food, clothes, booze..

It was crazy. I went with $5000 cash wanting to stay 3 months. No could do. Moved her with me to Florida..no state income tax like Texas.

It makes a big difference in lifestyle and spendable income.

So sure..Daks advisors know this. Their advisors have to pay 8.5 per cent of their fees, too.

But most of them have non-profit companies they run their money thru.

So will Dak shortly.

Dak is lucky he would have one soon.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Then we play him under the franchise tag this year & next off-season sign him to the 4 year deal he wants. Dallas gets their 5 year deal or Dak plays another year under the tag and hits free agency the year after. But how many teams will sign him to a 2 year deal at that point? Sorry Dak needs to at least give a little and take a 5 year deal. He can still get another contract down the line

And I think there is issues with the guaranteed money. Dak wants the same guarantee money in 4 years as Dallas wants to give in 5 years.
Now do that math on that.
2020 31.4M GTD
2021 39.25M GTD

And you have 2 seasons of QB extensions.
This likely includes Pat Mahomes making 50M per year and Lamar Jackson making 45M or so.
So you can conservatively say 45M per year for 4 years.
We'll go low and say 60M GTD.

Total deal?
6 years -- 250M -- 130M having been GTD.

You still like that path???

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
What a stupid BS thread.
Alot of people see this differently.

I on the other hand have received just as many replies that agree with me.

So typically...one men's ceiling is another man's floor.

Whatever.

It's all about entertainment. Everybody is bored and it is slowly sinking in as to this season is down the drain shortly.

No crowd..no ticket sales..no advertising money..we are not that far off from Armeggedon

Reaction score
Both sides need the good vibes and positive image going forward.

:starspin:

I think that last bit is the most important. All negotiating tactics will be forgiven provided that the player delivers up to the level of said contract,,,, which is true of any player, not just Dak. His endorsements will rise and fall depending on public perception which is tied to how well he delivers.

Qcard

Reaction score
LOL. Guy is losing ad chances for a sport that is closed due to a pandemic in a country where budgets are largely frozen....

We must do better. Need an option where like 50 dislikes get a thread deleted or something.
Sir!!! We know it's a sloppy Dak Hater's disguised post. But, I can spot them a mile away....ridicule or humor is the best prescription...both is a vaccine

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think that last bit is the most important. All negotiating tactics will be forgiven provided that the player delivers up to the level of said contract,,,, which is true of any player, not just Dak. If you demand too high of a contract and get it then criticisms will be high and surviving for the length of that contract becomes less likely if you don't deliver.
Ding ding ding.

Winner right here..bingo.

Let's call out the winning letters..

D-7

A-10

K-21

S-8

$-9

DAKS $..

CORRECT.

Pay the man.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Now do that math on that.
2020 31.4M GTD
2021 39.25M GTD

And you have 2 seasons of QB extensions.
This likely includes Pat Mahomes making 50M per year and Lamar Jackson making 45M or so.
So you can conservatively say 45M per year for 4 years.
We'll go low and say 60M GTD.

Total deal?
6 years -- 250M -- 130M having been GTD.

You still like that path???

I think you are going a little high. Mahomes isnt getting 50 mil a year - They are saying 40-43 mil a year range when his contract comes up - Jackson say is around the 40 mil a year

I would put Dak then around 40 also

looking at 231 million over 6 years

thats an average of 38.5 million a year.

Yes I like that

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He will only feel the hit in endorsements if he fails to sign and show up, which he will not do. Prescott, his agent and his corporate sponsors know that under the usual circumstances, not showing up for 31.5M for one year would be asinine but under the current conditions, careercide. Unemployment climbing weekly and he's a no show? No company would touch him.

He's not overdue at this point and no reason for any company to not show his ads after a break during his family's grief.
The problem with the logic employed by the OP is he ALREADY HAS major endorsement deals.
He isn't CeeDee Lamb who just got the Star.
If he signs there is little chance he gets new deals right away because of the financial climate.
Now come a few weeks into the actual season in an economy opened up with these weapons? Sure.

aikemirv

Reaction score
What he is really losing is time value on that signing bonus! However, with the current market downturn maybe that has not really had a long term effect on his wealth!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think you are going a little high. Mahomes isnt getting 50 mil a year - They are saying 40-43 mil a year range when his contract comes up - Jackson say is around the 40 mil a year

I would put Dak then around 40 also

looking at 231 million over 6 years

thats an average of 38.5 million a year.

Yes I like that
Mahomes IS 100% getting 50m a year.
KC already knows it and it is bandied about a lot in their chatter.
Sammy Watkins said he is unlikely to resign because Mahomes is going to get 50M and they won't have cap space for him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
What he is really losing is time value on that signing bonus! However, with the current market downturn maybe that has not really had a long term effect on his wealth!
Offset by the league's inflated QB prices.
We saw with DLaw that waiting to sign after a tag only costs you more money.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Dak wasn't making a ton on endorsements before this. Dak wasn't even top 10 in yearly endorsement earnnings and 10th was only making $5 million.

I think I read somewhere last year that Dak made $2.1 million in endorsements.

Nevermind, found I was slightly off . . .

Prescott, 26, has endorsement deals with several top companies, including Campbell’s Chunky Soup, 7-Eleven, New Era caps, Sleep Number beds, Pepsi, Citi, and Oikos. Aside from those deals – many of which are in place for years to come – Prescott has taken out loss-of-value and disability insurance policies that will compensate him in the event of a career-ending injury.

Taken together, Prescott’s endorsement deals and insurance policies are worth more than $50 million, ESPN reported, citing league sources familiar with the matter. By comparison, Prescott is set to earn a base salary of slightly more than $2 million during the 2019 season.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cowboys-apos-dak-prescott-earns-010241953.html

I guess this and other reports came from same source; they all include insurance with the endorsements. That's not inclusive to me; then again, I thought he only made $2 million.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Offset by the league's inflated QB prices.
We saw with DLaw that waiting to sign after a tag only costs you more money.

Maybe but long term I don't think we will ever know how much he lost by not signing a deal last year!