Opinion: Stephen Jones comments on Dak is red flag about overpaying him on his next contract

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind him getting paid like an average quarterback. But the signals that Jerry and now Stephen are sending sounds like they will overpay. As for franchise QB, I want to see more before I think of him as one. I honestly don't see him as being effective right now minus Zeek and minus Coop. Either way the playoffs aren't too far off. So its not a long wait to see how he will do. I don't have faith in Jerry being of rational mind. He's as bad as Al Davis ever was. Stephen Jones I had hopes in, but he has been disappointing me as of late by things he says.

He was in the playoffs his rookie year. Did you watch that game?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Im not easily pleased either. I pretty much hammer everyone average or worse on the Cowboys.

See I don't expect the Cowboys to win the next game. Not anything to do with Dak.

I still believe in the Great players make great plays of John Madden :) foolish as that may be. The last two years, I don't feel like I've been seeing that from Dak. This game I saw some of that. I want to see him do it in the playoffs. I guess I see things differently from you. I see us having a playoff caliber team, but I'm not sure about the Quarterback. Yeah the Offensive line is banged up, but I still want to see them do something.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
How dare our FO talk positively about our QB, what is going through their heads? :facepalm:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure how we jumped from some enthusiastic comments to overpaying Dak. If anything, he's been grossly underpaid for 3 years. If he plays well against Seattle, getting him some money would seem to be the fair thing to do.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I still believe in the Great players make great plays of John Madden :) foolish as that may be. The last two years, I don't feel like I've been seeing that from Dak. This game I saw some of that. I want to see him do it in the playoffs. I guess I see things differently from you. I see us having a playoff caliber team, but I'm not sure about the Quarterback. Yeah the Offensive line is banged up, but I still want to see them do something.
How many 4th qtr comebacks do you need to see????

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

To me if you don't have an oline you don't have much of an offense.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Not sure how we jumped from some enthusiastic comments to overpaying Dak. If anything, he's been grossly underpaid for 3 years. If he plays well against Seattle, getting him some money would seem to be the fair thing to do.
Dak has made 1.9m total for the last 3 years for 32 wins and 2 Division titles.... that is robbery or dare I say slavery.....jk........h/t to Lebron

robertfchew

Reaction score

grossly underpaid? No way. He makes 680k a year average. He's a 4th round pick he gets paid like one. He makes a bunch off endorsements also so don't feel bad for the guy. He will get a decent contract either way. Does he want to win or be loaded. He's gotta know by now he's limited what goes through his head when he throws awful passes or gets sacked. Does he blame himself? Does he just think about how much brock oswieler made being a bad qb?

lk8701

Reaction score
So Romo wasn’t a winner?

No he was a loser. He couldn't even win a division 1-AA FCS championship in college. He never even won anything in high school: "Romo started as quarterback for the Burlington High School Demons beginning as a junior (1996 season). In the 1997 season, Romo and the Demons finished with a 3–6 record, though he earned several honors, including the All-Racine County football team and Wisconsin Football Coaches Association All-State first team honors." He never won anything in high school, college, and the NFL.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
grossly underpaid? No way. He makes 680k a year average. He's a 4th round pick he gets paid like one. He makes a bunch off endorsements also so don't feel bad for the guy. He will get a decent contract either way. Does he want to win or be loaded. He's gotta know by now he's limited what goes through his head when he throws awful passes or gets sacked. Does he blame himself? Does he just think about how much brock oswieler made being a bad qb?

680k for a starting QB whose lead his team to 2 playoff births in his first seasons? Dak has been the deal of the century. Even as a middle of the league starter he's due a giant pay raise.