Origins of Garrett as head coach

khiladi

Reaction score
No, it’s because Garrett’s father was tied to Jerry at his hip for two decades plus..

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Jerrystein's Monster.

The "boy genius" legend around Garrett is built up entirely around his Ivy League degree. Many are *way* too easily impressed by that.

Going by press conferences, Garrett is ordinary middle management. Going by his game management, he's smart enough to rationalize idiotic dogmas to himself, and double down on them when they blow up in his face. A football IYI.

….or remove one from the playbook if it works.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
FYI....I absolutely hate everything about Bill Parcells from his days as coach of the Giants.
I hated every minute his fat self was stuffed in a Dallas sweater on the same sidelines Tom Landry walked.
I don’t and won’t attack him as a coach...I just cannot stand him and was happy his stay in Dallas was brief and without a single playoff win.

Facts are there are no great champion coaches without great teams of great players.
Bill Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Belichick and others were failures everywhere other than the one team with the right players and leaders. Coaching absolutely matters, but Parcells won nothing except in NY with a great defense led by the best OLB ever. Johnson won in Dallas with Jerry spending money on whatever was needed until the salary cap era, and he was a failure in Miami. Belichick was a Failure in Cleveland.

Players can’t win without the right coach, and coaches can’t win without the right players. Everything must fall into place perfectly, sometimes for only one year, to win a SB.
here here. nice to see someone say this. I always disliked Parcells.