Orlando Brown

rkell87

Reaction score
Pretty much, as you see above, I think I have a better tackle for us in round 2.
I don't believe we take a tackle that early. I expect a round 2 tackle to play this year which means moving Collins back inside. If we do that then we'll lose Collins at contract time and we need a left guard again. I think we try again with another Chaz Green in round 3 or 4 and hope that guy becomes a better swing tackle than green.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't believe we take a tackle that early. I expect a round 2 tackle to play this year which means moving Collins back inside. If we do that then we'll lose Collins at contract time and we need a left guard again. I think we try again with another Chaz Green in round 3 or 4 and hope that guy becomes a better swing tackle than green.

Fair enough, then I could see a guard being taken at 2. Either way, I think that would be the right time to take an olineman (unless we take Hernandez in R1 who's a guard).

rkell87

Reaction score
Fair enough, then I could see a guard being taken at 2. Either way, I think that would be the right time to take an olineman (unless we take Hernandez in R1 who's a guard).
I agree with everything except Hernandez at 19. As I said in another thread, a raw prospect that plays against lesser competition is not a good first round combination. I'd love him at 50 though.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I agree with everything except Hernandez at 19. As I said in another thread, a raw prospect that plays against lesser competition is not a good first round combination. I'd love him at 50 though.

I'd be happy with him at 50, should he be available. Smith, Hernandez, and St. Brown would be grrrrrreat first 3 picks of the draft.

funkytown

Reaction score
Orlando Brown at 50 yes. At 19 no way. 14 reps is terrible for a man his size. That and his slow 40 time is alarming. Because it points to bad work ethic/conditioning. You are at the combine, the biggest job interview of your life and you show up like that? Not a first rounder in my opinion.

Wynn, Hernandez, Connor Williams, and even Daniels are more likely at 19 or a slight trade down. Just seems like 19 is a spot where the top guys will be Oline.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Orlando Brown at 50 yes. At 19 no way. 14 reps is terrible for a man his size. That and his slow 40 time is alarming. Because it points to bad work ethic/conditioning. You are at the combine, the biggest job interview of your life and you show up like that? Not a first rounder in my opinion.

Wynn, Hernandez, Connor Williams, and even Daniels are more likely at 19 or a slight trade down. Just seems like 19 is a spot where the top guys will be Oline.
Know what,after today at the combine,I have to agree with ya. All day at 50 I would take him,but not before. His feet have me a bit concerned. He looks raw.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hernandez hit a home run today...solidified the fact he will be a first rounder IMO. He may get over-drafted,but I don't care. Plug him in and play him..instant pro bowler with a mean streak and raw power for days.

funkytown

Reaction score
Know what,after today at the combine,I have to agree with ya. All day at 50 I would take him,but not before. His feet have me a bit concerned. He looks raw.
He looks kinda sloppy. I feel like better conditioning and better training can clean a lot of that up. But what if he's just one of those guys that doesn't take this serious. Doesn't really love football. I have no idea if he's that type or not, but that's where those interviews and visits will tell the story for him.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hernandez hit a home run today...solidified the fact he will be a first rounder IMO. He may get over-drafted,but I don't care. Plug him in and play him..instant pro bowler with a mean streak and raw power for days.
I think him being photographed with our OL players was more telling than people realize.