Orlando Brown

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
A center doing 21 reps is way different than a tackle doing 14. C'mon now you're better than this.
A Center should be a lot stronger and has shorter arms

Orlando is 6'8'' with long arms that he uses for leverage more than brute strength

Rayman70

Reaction score
He looks kinda sloppy. I feel like better conditioning and better training can clean a lot of that up. But what if he's just one of those guys that doesn't take this serious. Doesn't really love football. I have no idea if he's that type or not, but that's where those interviews and visits will tell the story for him.
His tape was great though...so like you said,maybe we can find out his deal by talkin to him. His combine for me,solidified him as a day 2 pick. He's not a first rounder...I think we can all agree to that and put that notion to bed. Great value at 50...a reach in round 1.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I wasnt expecting a OT the size of a mountain to run a 4.2 40.
He has good tape....success at a major program at a need position for alot of teams.
His bench was bad....but he is talented.
Someone is gonna get a steal at the bottom of Rd 1....hope it aint philly.

Rayman70

Reaction score
all that was missing was a sign that read
Im The Pick.
Know what..your right. Its not the sexy pick many want,but its the right route to go...very smart. Plug and play and once again have the best oline in the league. We need another young stud RB though to pair with Zeke...maybe a late round guy with high college production. NICK CHUBB ANYONE? I know we have Zeke,but what if he has another episode? I rather be proactive..call me crazy I guess.

funkytown

Reaction score
His tape was great though...so like you said,maybe we can find out his deal by talkin to him. His combine for me,solidified him as a day 2 pick. He's not a first rounder...I think we can all agree to that and put that notion to bed. Great value at 50...a reach in round 1.
Unless he blows it away at his pro day, his 1st round dreams should be over.

And I agree on Hernandez. He has the look of a solid 10 year starter in the league. I'd take him at 19 and not look back.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These terrible numbers only reaffirm my fears about Brown. A big, "Baby Huey" who will always be soft. Just being big isn't enough.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Know what..your right. Its not the sexy pick many want,but its the right route to go...very smart. Plug and play and once again have the best oline in the league. We need another young stud RB though to pair with Zeke...maybe a late round guy with high college production. NICK CHUBB ANYONE? I know we have Zeke,but what if he has another episode? I rather be proactive..call me crazy I guess.
after his combine....plus senior bowl week...plus the tape....should have 0 concerns if he is the pick at 19.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Wow ......from Rotoworld

It's been a Combine to forget for Brown, the son of the late Orlando Brown Sr., who played in the NFL for the Browns and Ravens. Brown came to Indy as a potential first- or second-round pick next month, but he's done nothing but hurt his stock. He ran a molasses-slow 5.85 forty, bench-pressed 225 pounds just 14 times, and posted a dreadful 19.5-inch vertical. His 2.00-second 10-yard split was the worst in Combine history. Coaches also got after him for loafing during on-field drills. Brown's stock is in an absolute free-fall.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I know I get flack for sayin he can play tackle...but he sure looks like he has the sweet feet and great technique to do it if called on..but I wouldnt do it full time..for me he is a starting left guard,but can be an emergency RT. He's a dancing bear with elite power and feet.His girth makes it all that much more amazing.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Plus, our LG position is quite weak. Thus, I'd either get Hernandez to take the LG (boy would THAT be amazing to have him AND Martin manning the guard positions) or get Tyrell Crosby from Oregon in round 2 to play RT and move Collins to LG. Since it is unlikely that Collins would move to LG, then the logical choice would be Hernandez, if he's available. After all, the oline is our team's identity and strength. We need to keep it that way.

Plankton

Reaction score
Brown would have been better off not even going to Indianapolis for the event. The biggest issue with his performance, to me, is it shows that he was completely unprepared for the biggest job interview of his life, and most of that is due to just being lazy and not working hard enough. Those are huge red flags beyond what the numbers say.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
How many sacks has Brown given up?

Not a one which is something people need to keep in mind when you watch the tape. He'll never run another 40 in his life.

I do think he could slim down 20 pounds though. I'm betting that will be the feedback when he goes into rookie camp.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I know I get flack for sayin he can play tackle...but he sure looks like he has the sweet feet and great technique to do it if called on..but I wouldnt do it full time..for me he is a starting left guard,but can be an emergency RT. He's a dancing bear with elite power and feet.His girth makes it all that much more amazing.
Not a one which is something people need to keep in mind when you watch the tape. He'll never run another 40 in his life.

I do think he could slim down 20 pounds though. I'm betting that will be the feedback when he goes into rookie camp.
He allowed 15 hurries and 2 sacks last year.