Orlando Browns wants a trade, is Tyron Smith and our 2nd enough?

Carson

Reaction score
This news should delight Jones, as he could get Smith’s successor w/one trade. The problem is, the Ravens will probably keep him, considering he plays a vital role on their offense. Even so, it wouldn’t hurt the Cowboys to try.

Brown views himself as a LT. He wants to be paid as a LT.

problem is Ronnie Stanley isn’t going anywhere.

John813

Reaction score
Soon to be free agent to boot. Pass.

Rather roll the dice for now on a rookie OT to develop behind Smith and Collins this year

quickccc

Reaction score
This, we need all the help we can get on D.

We also need a new starting LT.
with a current LT that's clearing missing more and more games.. and more and more camp time, when is it gonna come to a time when its urgent for a LT ?
when he suddenly announces his retirement after the NFL draft ?

quickccc

Reaction score
Soon to be free agent to boot. Pass.

Rather roll the dice for now on a rookie OT to develop behind Smith and Collins this year

I take this draft as finally being prepared for post-Tyron.
Either we are drafting a LT to replace Tyron, (Pewell, Slater ?) ..or we're drafting an soon eventual replacement for him 2d to 3rd rd. (we should have two 3rd rounder this year)

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Hell yea! I’m always up for downgrading one of the most important positions on the team!

Do it!

Aven8

Reaction score
The new I don’t like it here so I’m demanding a trade deal huh? Seems to be working all over the place....

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
We do but I really don’t think we have a good team. A quality young left tackle is always a good starting point. Football is about to really change. With gambling money and the new television contracts, star young players are about to make what Zeke and DLaw look like nothing. Brown has only played two seasons.

Because of the worst d in the NFL.

exciter

Reaction score
He wants to paid like a top end left tackle and Ravens don’t have to trade him. They probably will want two first round picks for him. The Ravens have a good front office. I would trade the 10th pick for him. He is a monster.
Why trade the 10th when this draft is heavy at the top with players more suited to the left side?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We also need a new starting LT.
with a current LT that's clearing missing more and more games.. and more and more camp time, when is it gonna come to a time when its urgent for a LT ?
when he suddenly announces his retirement after the NFL draft ?

Our new starting LT will be La'el Collins. When Smith can no longer go, Collins will be switched to his natural side to take over. If Smith either retires before the season or gets hurt during it, we can kick Martin out to RT, move Collins to LT and go with Williams, Biadasz and McGovern inside. Knight might also be in play at guard or at RT. I'd like to see Williams in play at one of the tackle spots as well, but I'm not sure he will be.

The last thing we need to do right now is spend more premium resources on the offensive line. We've still got a first-round pick at LT as long as he can go, a first-rounder at RG, a second-rounder at LG, a RT on a substantial contract and a third-rounder at guard.

The only real question IMO concerns the health of Collins. If his problem is something that he's not likely to bounce back from and start for several more years, then getting another starting lineman becomes a higher priority.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Why trade the 10th when this draft is heavy at the top with players more suited to the left side?
Who can draft at 10 that is better the a pro bowler like Orlando Brown? The draft guys are maybes. Brown has proven himself.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
How so? Orlando Brown is a stud.
ok, you are parting with one of the best at his position and he could be healthy. You spend a second round pick which is a much higher probability to stick and help the team on a rookie contract. Then you will have to pay said stud in the near future that has already said he wants what he wants.

None of that is a good idea or conducive to rebuild a championship roster.