Orlando Browns wants a trade, is Tyron Smith and our 2nd enough?

Sandyf

Reaction score

So let me see if I understand this, fans want us to trade a guy that can still play as a top 5 LT plus a 2nd round pick for a guy that his own team indicates that he would be a much better player at RT because he apparently can't play LT very well anymore. If Smith gets injured again don't we already have a guy in Knight that plays LT although not great but at same level as Brown. Bad trade scenario.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Knight is not good enough to be a full time starter- he's a reserve..he's an emergency reserve. He's a last resort.
Hope you're not thinking of placing that kind of lower tier quality for our starting QBs ?

No but i'm not making this trade either. Knight was about average but also played most of the year if not all of it so he is more than capable of playing the games tyron will miss. And if we think tyron will miss games what do other teams think? why would they trade for him if we are scarred of his injuries? 100% get signing or drafting a guy just in case but that would really be a steel replacement. If Dak is close to normal then i'd rather focus the majority of resources on upgrading the defense otherwise were back to scoring 30 giving up 31.

quickccc

Reaction score
No but i'm not making this trade either. Knight was about average but also played most of the year if not all of it so he is more than capable of playing the games tyron will miss. And if we think tyron will miss games what do other teams think? why would they trade for him if we are scarred of his injuries? 100% get signing or drafting a guy just in case but that would really be a steel replacement. If Dak is close to normal then i'd rather focus the majority of resources on upgrading the defense otherwise were back to scoring 30 giving up 31.

- We be best trying to do all we can in protecting our franchise QB first and foremost. That's priority One.
We give him the best chance, the best player in trying to accomplish that. Brandon Knight is not gonna do that.

If not Tyron Smith, we need to address with the most regarded pass blocker we can.
Either that be a young OT early in the draft, or a trade for pro bowl OT Brown. You don't be satisfied with an out of position converted OG.
Again Knight is a last resort.

If you value your QB, you go all out to give him the best chance of succeeding. That includes weapons, that includes Protection (ask Russell Wilson) and that includes coaches.

- Defense is priority Two.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
- We be best trying to do all we can in protecting our franchise QB first and foremost. That's priority One.
We give him the best chance, the best player in trying to accomplish that. Brandon Knight is not gonna do that.

If not Tyron Smith, we need to address with the most regarded pass blocker we can.
Either that be a young OT early in the draft, or a trade for pro bowl OT Brown. You don't be satisfied with an out of position converted OG.
Again Knight is a last resort.

If you value your QB, you go all out to give him the best chance of succeeding. That includes weapons, that includes Protection (ask Russell Wilson) and that includes coaches.

- Defense is priority Two.

We've done that and know that doesn't lead to post season success. Everyone needs help but you can not continually put your best resources into offense if you are also paying max dollars for your QB.

quickccc

Reaction score
We've done that and know that doesn't lead to post season success. Everyone needs help but you can not continually put your best resources into offense if you are also paying max dollars for your QB.

what good is it having a high max dollar QB, if you cannot protect him ?
We know that if you have your cornerstone franchise lead player going down, that's certainly not gonna lead and help your chances to post season success.

why do you think a QB such as Seattle's Russell Wilson is now publicly griping about being tired of being blasted so much as lack of protection ?
Look at what happened to Cincy rookie QB Joe Burrow and his lack of OL protection .. Didn't come close to even having a chance to make it thru his rookie year out.

quickccc

Reaction score
So let me see if I understand this, fans want us to trade a guy that can still play as a top 5 LT plus a 2nd round pick for a guy that his own team indicates that he would be a much better player at RT because he apparently can't play LT very well anymore. If Smith gets injured again don't we already have a guy in Knight that plays LT although not great but at same level as Brown. Bad trade scenario.

That guy that you think "still can play as a top 5 LT ",.. cannot make through a full season healthy, .and it's becoming more apparent that these lingering injuries are taking a toll
on his availability and durability.

- Neck and back injuries are very serious businesses and you never know how they turn to the worse (all more reasons for LVE concern). .how would it feel
if Smith is again declared out for the season again after the 3rd game of the season - while we did nothing to upgrade or prevent being cornered again in
such a squeezed predicament to have to rely heavily on converted out of position backup reserves.

- Tyron's condition trend and health concerns doesn't appear just a game or two here and there, it's seems to a point to where it threatens an entire season
And I'd wonder what did you see in Knight that makes you think he is on the same level as the pro bowl OT Orlando Brown - much less to play every game on a full 16 season.

- What I would think that be halt such a trade with Orlando Brown, is he'll want an renegotiation to the team he's traded that makes him easily and instantly among
highest paid " LTs" which we also have to figure the franchise tag to Dak Prescott that may very well be applied this offseason, that alone is gonna be a monster obstacle to get thru - plus
we will still have to take a cap hit for releasing Tyron smith so that's a 3 way street to some very serious cap ramifications ..

- "Dunno where and why the " apparently cannot play LT " is coming from, because Orlando Brown was moved from RT to LT in place of injured All Pro Ronnie Stanley and started at LT
in the last 11 game for the Ravens, and was thought of to faired well at LT for the Ravens.
Thus his rant to be "paid like a LT : .. or traded.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
what good is it having a high max dollar QB, if you cannot protect him ?
We know that if you have your cornerstone franchise lead player going down, that's certainly not gonna lead and help your chances to post season success.

why do you think a QB such as Seattle's Russell Wilson is now publicly griping about being tired of being blasted so much as lack of protection ?
Look at what happened to Cincy rookie QB Joe Burrow and his lack of OL protection .. Didn't come close to even having a chance to make it thru his rookie year out.

We can protect him though. Even if McKnight starts that still gives him atleast an average quality tackle to protect him. If he needs an all pro at every OL spot then he ain't worth 40 a year, same as the rest of these over priced QB's.