Orlando Scandrick, Best DB since Prime Newman

chuffly

Reaction score
For those calling Mo a bust...all of you same guys who LOVE Scandrick now were calling him overrated and a bust when we signed him to that 24 million dollar contract that btw looks like a bargain now lol. This organization was ridiculed for giving Scandrick and Church their contracts early and so far they look pretty smart doing it.

Always felt some of the criticism of Scandrick was unwarranted. He spent his early career in the slot, which is an incredibly difficult position to defend from. Unsurprisingly, he would occasionally get beat from there, and folks would get up in arms about it. Yet when you went back and looked at his numbers opposing receivers put up against him, he was doing a solid job (although I do remember him having a bit of a sophomore slump).

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Always felt some of the criticism of Scandrick was unwarranted. He spent his early career in the slot, which is an incredibly difficult position to defend from. Unsurprisingly, he would occasionally get beat from there, and folks would get up in arms about it. Yet when you went back and looked at his numbers opposing receivers put up against him, he was doing a solid job (although I do remember him having a bit of a sophomore slump).

I remember him always being good in the slot. I think people thought he was a slot corner and nothing more (which is still very valuable in the NFL). Honestly, I never really understood why people were so hard on him. People didn't like him even before the extension. I think they just thought he was solid but unspectacular (like how people feel about Church). A lot of very good players went unappreciated their whole careers in Dallas.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People don't like CBs because they see them in the frame when big plays are given up and it's hard to keep big passing plays in perspective when you're emotionally attached to the outcome. It has very little to do with how well the individual CB actually plays.

The Natural

Reaction score
I detested Scandrick for the longest time, always a step behind his man, almost making the play. But give him credit, he has worked hard and improved his game each year, and yes he is now the best DB we have and one of my favorites
On the team

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I detested Scandrick for the longest time, always a step behind his man, almost making the play. But give him credit, he has worked hard and improved his game each year, and yes he is now the best DB we have and one of my favorites
On the team

This. The reason people didnt like Scandrick is because he was so close to making a play and it never seemed to work. He always had tight coverage but somewhow the pass managed to get in there.

That and he missed a tackle against the falcons a few years ago on a sunday night.

Other than that he has been our best cover man for a while.

rwalters31

Reaction score
Where is the Scandrick Love?

This dude completely took his side of the field away.

He is the best corner we have seen since Prime Newman. Dare I say he is even better? More physical, and better play recognition than Newman.

So Glad we locked this guy up. Moore needs to be next, to a friendly contract, IF he keeps this up. He's been a great surprise.

The MO injury, insensitive or not, was a blessing. All this guy knew how to do was touch up on other men.

The only guy or guys we are missing badly right now, is Lee and Carter. Our Run D is weak. Lynch will have a nice day.

It feels good though to finally have a secondary teams just can't come up in here and throw on us over and over, making every QB look like Troy and Elway blended into 1.

Does Scandrick have hands of stone? Prime Newman had alligator arms! He could knock them down but catch a ball, hardly!

Ender

Reaction score
I love the was OScan has been playing. He's really stepped his game up over the years. His attitude might not be suited for media, but it's perfect for a mid to low draft pick that had potential coming into the league, but needed few years to develop.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Fitzpatrick reads that properly and Scandrick gets burned for a TD.

I'll be that guy...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where is the Scandrick Love?

This dude completely took his side of the field away.

He is the best corner we have seen since Prime Newman. Dare I say he is even better? More physical, and better play recognition than Newman.

So Glad we locked this guy up. Moore needs to be next, to a friendly contract, IF he keeps this up. He's been a great surprise.

The MO injury, insensitive or not, was a blessing. All this guy knew how to do was touch up on other men.

The only guy or guys we are missing badly right now, is Lee and Carter. Our Run D is weak. Lynch will have a nice day.

It feels good though to finally have a secondary teams just can't come up in here and throw on us over and over, making every QB look like Troy and Elway blended into 1.

Who/what is Prime Newman?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Come on. Scandrick wasn't labled a bust. He was a 5th rnd draft pick. People just wanted to see more before giving him that big contract.

Boy if I can only go back to that post game thread after the Atlanta game where the guy whiffed on a tackle. He was being called all kinds of things by some on this very board.

Reaction score
Scandrick used to always be close to his guy in coverage but never play the ball. Now he's elevated his game and is making plays on the ball too. It's been fun to watch. Definitely love how well he's playing.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Come on. Scandrick wasn't labled a bust. He was a 5th rnd draft pick. People just wanted to see more before giving him that big contract.

Yeah, I don't remember much people wanting to run OScan out of town. It was more of being unsure about him than anything.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Scandrick used to always be close to his guy in coverage but never play the ball. Now he's elevated his game and is making plays on the ball too. It's been fun to watch. Definitely love how well he's playing.

This.

He never got burnt, or was made looking silly, just never played the ball, but was always in position.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Fitzpatrick reads that properly and Scandrick gets burned for a TD.

I'll be that guy...

You can be that guy.

He made a play.

Better than Ball, Reeves, and guys like MO, just sitting there in their back pedal, waiting for the guy to catch it, let him him reach the first down, then dive at his legs.

You miss those days huh?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Oh how times have changed.. :thumbup::clap::D

A thread referencing my boy as possibly the best corner on the roster...

:floored:

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Does Scandrick have hands of stone? Prime Newman had alligator arms! He could knock them down but catch a ball, hardly!

I can never forgive Newman dropping a pick six right in his hands against Eli on a Sunday night game that the Giant's would've been eliminated if we would've won.

They went on to win the Super Bowl.