Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Cool 1 less player to whine about until they replace him that is

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Well, at least Orlando got his wish.

He is lucky that Jerry Jones is a great owner who gave him what he asked for.

So who is starting the Orlando Scandrick Appreciation Thread?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Well, at least Orlando got his wish.

He is lucky that Jerry Jones is a great owner who gave him what he asked for.

So who is starting the Orlando Scandrick Appreciation Thread?

I think ufcrules just did it in this thread.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
same difference....only we can't use the 3m in savings until July 2nd

so now we save 3m this year and 4m next year = still equals 7m

We are gaining 3 mil against the cap over 2 years. He could have been kept this year and cut next year where there would have only been 1.6 mil in dead money. If you think the 3 mil in cap gains over 2 years exceeds the value of having a proven veteran backup that could start in case of injury then you can consider it a good deal. But even then it is not really 3 mil in cap gains because he has to be replaced. Even if he is replaced by White earning the league minimum then the gain against the cap is really only 2 mil So if White plus 2 mil is worth more than Scandrick then this is a good move. I don't even think the F.O. believes that. They just caved to his demands.

He got his way. We lose. We have talked in circles about it and I am done now. You go on believing we are saving money but we are not.

I am done with you. Won't respond again. It is a waste of my time.

dwreck27

Reaction score
A couple years to late... dude had a nagging injury history and I don’t think looking in he was that much of a great teammate

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We are gaining 3 mil against the cap over 2 years. He could have been kept this year and cut next year where there would have only been 1.6 mil in dead money. If you think the 3 mil in cap gains over 2 years exceeds the value of having a proven veteran backup that could start in case of injury then you can consider it a good deal. But even then it is not really 3 mil in cap gains because he has to be replaced. Even if he is replaced by White earning the league minimum then the gain against the cap is really only 2 mil So if White plus 2 mil is worth more than Scandrick then this is a good move. I don't even think the F.O. believes that. They just caved to his demands.

He got his way. We lose. We have talked in circles about it and I am done now. You go on believing we are saving money but we are not.

I am done with you. Won't respond again. It is a waste of my time.
Please don't....you hurt my brain with your moronic ramblings

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Not a fan.

Now he will still be on the books for 2019. Just get it over with.

This also means the cap room created by cutting him, does not help us at all now, during the free agency period, we do not receive it until June 1st.

Pro's
Creates more cap room this year

Con's
Cap room not accessible until June 1st
Still on the 2019 books as dead money

I really wonder what this Front Office is doing. They make mistake after mistake.

Alexander

Reaction score
A couple years to late... dude had a nagging injury history and I don’t think looking in he was that much of a great teammate
He actually was viewed as a fixture around here. How many slot corners get suspended etc and STILL stick around for a decade?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m glad he’s gone as well..

Never made plays..

Gave you a solid performance and then would just fall off..

I’m as ready to move on from those Cowboys from the era as I am ready to move on from Jason’s Garett.

Even Sean Lee is fools gold because he’s always hurt.

Alexander

Reaction score
Not a fan.

Now he will still be on the books for 2019. Just get it over with.

This also means the cap room created by cutting him, does not help us at all now, during the free agency period, we do not receive it until June 1st.

Pro's
Creates more cap room this year

Con's
Cap room not accessible until June 1st
Still on the 2019 books as dead money

I really wonder what this Front Office is doing. They make mistake after mistake.
Par for the course.

Hang onto a player for too long.

Tease the fan base with a hope of trade when the player is not marketable for trade.

Release anyway.

Eat dead money.

cern

Reaction score
Good move. Both from a player standpoint and a financial standpoint. Purpose of last years d-backs draft class was to upgrade and save money. Hope wr and lb are next.