Twitter: Orlando Scandrick designated a post-June 1

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no way I cut him. I trade him even if I get a 7th or I package with one of our draft picks to move up. Example being trade Scandrick and our 7th for a 6th for instance. I'm am not a cap guy but wouldnt trading him be more beneficial capwise than cutting him? Honest question.
No benefit.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are gaining 3 mil against the cap over 2 years. He could have been kept this year and cut next year where there would have only been 1.6 mil in dead money. If you think the 3 mil in cap gains over 2 years exceeds the value of having a proven veteran backup that could start in case of injury then you can consider it a good deal. But even then it is not really 3 mil in cap gains because he has to be replaced. Even if he is replaced by White earning the league minimum then the gain against the cap is really only 2 mil So if White plus 2 mil is worth more than Scandrick then this is a good move. I don't even think the F.O. believes that. They just caved to his demands.

He got his way. We lose. We have talked in circles about it and I am done now. You go on believing we are saving money but we are not.

I am done with you. Won't respond again. It is a waste of my time.
We know you won't respond when proven wrong.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Last I heard, we were trying to use him in a trade................maybe for ET?

I guess Seattle doesn't want our trash players...................shocking:rolleyes:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Ah Scandy! Either seen as trash or under-appreciated. Never an in between on here. Solid player, loved his competitiveness, refused to reliquish his starting job to a few higher picks like Mike Jenkins. Solid slot corner but how many of those do we really need? I've heard B Jones can play slot, Lewis and even Woods. Knew he would be released, now he has a shot to catch on in Green Bay. I hear they're revamping their secondary. Still, would you revamp with a 32 year old corner with bad knees. Sounds like a Cowboy move lol

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Last I heard, we were trying to use him in a trade................maybe for ET?

I guess Seattle doesn't want our trash players...................shocking:rolleyes:

bahaha I hear Seattle wants a #1 and at least #3 to consummate the marriage. Remember, no marriage is consummated until the deed is done and safe is thrown out the window! Scandy? He would net a 6'th rounder at best, what kind of consummation is that?

csirl

Reaction score
How many advanced June 1st do we have? This means Dez will not be cut soon?

Pants

Reaction score
sitting at the pool on vacation, Stephen talking to daddy:

Stevie: "Pappy, little jimmy just texted me."
Jed: "Who?"
Stevie: "You know, the intern that is working for free for college credits?"
Jed: "Oh, the guy we left in charge while we are on vacation? Yeah, what's up?"
Stevie: "He said that that 'zone is getting upset that we are the only team sitting on our hands and doing nothing."
Jed: "Wait, did the Rooney's make a move?"
Stevie: "He didn't say. What should I tell him?"
Jed: "Tell him to cut Scandrick. He has never come to a family event or been in one of our pictures so time to get rid of him."
Stevie: "June 1st cut so we sound like we have a plan?"
Jerry raises glass of JWB acknowledging the decision

Jumbo075

Reaction score
$3 million in June should just about cover the rookie signing pool budget requirements.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Your last sentence reflects how your posts are received. Fyi, I split protons, not atoms. And was paid very well for so doing.

When I was teaching Basic Electrical Theory in college, I would go through Bohr's model of the atom on the first day of class, and talk about electrons moving from atom to atom, which is why we call it electricity. My standard joke was, "If the protons moved, we'd call it proticity." Then I'd ask, "What would we call it if the neutrons moved from atom to atom." And then I'd wait for a bright student to give me the answer.

So, I suppose I can start calling you a protician. I know the tools an electrician needs. But, what kind of tools do you need on your tool belt if you're a protician? I'm betting it's more than some wire-strippers, a good pair of dykes, and a few electrically insulated screw drivers.

Last edited:

JustChip

Reaction score
People are having revionist history on Scandrick. He was a good draft for us and one of our best values in the draft.

Agreed. Certainly worked out better than the other DB we drafted that year in the 1st round. Jenkins did play 4 years for us and make a Pro Bowl, but the dude hated tackling like Deion. Unfortunately, his coverage skills weren't in the same universe as Deion. I think the only issue I have with Scandrick is the contract they gave him after his rookie deal. Paid him like a top 10 corner which he wasn't.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Even the Jones' can replace guys like Scandrick....With his injury issues and other issues, I hope he is signed to a team we play twice a year. Thanks Commanders!:)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We know you won't respond when proven wrong.
The problem is they won't stop posting even when proven wrong

I went around in circles with Toruk_Makto, cern and Killerinstinct and they are like zombies

You kill em dead and they keep coming back for more and get uglier and uglier

They are now trying to say that you can't count savings in the future, only Dead Money

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Not a fan.

Now he will still be on the books for 2019. Just get it over with.

This also means the cap room created by cutting him, does not help us at all now, during the free agency period, we do not receive it until June 1st.

Pro's
Creates more cap room this year

Con's
Cap room not accessible until June 1st
Still on the 2019 books as dead money

I really wonder what this Front Office is doing. They make mistake after mistake.
Actually. From a pure mathematical standpoint, all else equal, it's better to push the dead money into 2019 when the Cap will have risen. That means as a percentage of the overall cap the dead money is a smaller percentage of your total spending power than if you ate it today.

Put more simply you're thinking about this completely wrong.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Good decision. Could be seen as one year too late but all in all good decision.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Actually. From a pure mathematical standpoint, all else equal, it's better to push the dead money into 2019 when the Cap will have risen. That means as a percentage of the overall cap the dead money is a smaller percentage of your total spending power than if you ate it today.

Put more simply you're thinking about this completely wrong.
You and I just don't see eye to eye on cap stuff. I'd taser have the cap room now, as opposed to June 1st, and I'd rather be done with his contract and not have any dead money on the 2019 cap. I understand why they made him. June 1st cut, just as they did with Romo. I just don't think it's the smarter of the two strategies. They only get $1.6M more in cap room this way, and again, not usable until June. We are up against the cap these last several years, yet we are dead last in cash spending.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed. Certainly worked out better than the other DB we drafted that year in the 1st round. Jenkins did play 4 years for us and make a Pro Bowl, but the dude hated tackling like Deion. Unfortunately, his coverage skills weren't in the same universe as Deion. I think the only issue I have with Scandrick is the contract they gave him after his rookie deal. Paid him like a top 10 corner which he wasn't.

I'd have to remember....I thought Scandrick signed pretty decent contracts here.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You and I just don't see eye to eye on cap stuff. I'd taser have the cap room now, as opposed to June 1st, and I'd rather be done with his contract and not have any dead money on the 2019 cap. I understand why they made him. June 1st cut, just as they did with Romo. I just don't think it's the smarter of the two strategies. They only get $1.6M more in cap room this way, and again, not usable until June. We are up against the cap these last several years, yet we are dead last in cash spending.
Why do you need the cap room now? Who is 1.6M in room preventing you from signing? You could make $1.6M in converting that much of Smith's salary to a signing bonus if you were hard pressed (hint: we aren't).

And people using cash spend as meaningful make me want to punch a puppy. It's such a meaningless statistic.

You simply cannot argue the math.