Twitter: Orlando Scandrick gets 2-year extension...in November

Nation

Reaction score
2 Year Extension with no change to 2013, 2014 now 4.5M base, 2015 now 1.5M base, 2016 now 3M, and 3M in 2017-2018.

2013 and 2014 base is guaranteed
2015 and 2016 base is guaranteed for injury only
2017 and 2018 are not guaranteed

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
considering he was already extended for a while this seems a little odd doing it at this point during the season....does anyone know what this does for the cap b/c this seems to scream cap move to some extent

Common Sense

Reaction score
considering he was already extended for a while this seems a little odd doing it at this point during the season....does anyone know what this does for the cap b/c this seems to scream cap move to some extent

Yeah, that's the only thing that makes any sense. But, we're looking for sense and that might be where we're going wrong.

Pabst

Reaction score
I'm guessing they're extending him so that they can restructure his contract later. Probably move the base salary for next year to a signing bonus prorated over the leftover years from initial contract + 2 years from extension.

Don't think I like the move. Even more money tied up in the corners.

Common Sense

Reaction score
I'm guessing they're extending him so that they can restructure his contract later. Probably move the base salary for next year to a signing bonus prorated over the leftover years from initial contract + 2 years from extension.

Don't think I like the move. Even more money tied up in the corners.

Yep. The Jones boys just applied for a brand new credit card since their Platinum Ratliffcard expired.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Coming off one or the worst games I've seen him play. He's still pretty good.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He may have had a rough game on Monday Night, but I think he's having the best season of his career overall.

And that's tough to say given how terrible this defense is!

:mad:

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
I don't understand extending any player on this defense.

But this is just the beginning of what we can expect this offseason. Lots of restructures and pointless extensions in an effort to manipulate a messy cap situation.

tm1119

Reaction score
Scandrick is a solid #2 corner and this isn't a bad move. No one is covering those 2 freaks they call WR's in Chicago. Especially when 3/4 of your d line rotation consists of misfits and castoffs who can't get near a QB.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not at all unexpected, timing is merely odd.

He was going to get restructured anyways.
The extension guarantees him some money and makes it cheaper on the cap the next couple seasons.
Probably a good deal for both sides.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Scandrick is a solid #2 corner and this isn't a bad move. No one is covering those 2 freaks they call WR's in Chicago. Especially when 3/4 of your d line rotation consists of misfits and castoffs who can't get near a QB.

I think he is a solid slot corner who can play the outside well against average size receivers. He is still playing better than any of the other CBs.