Twitter: Orlando Scandrick gets 2-year extension...in November

plymkr

Reaction score
I will only sleep well at night once Jerry locks Bruce Carter for a long term big money contract, and no way does he let Spencer walk (literally and metaphorically)

GM of the decade.

I am a fan of Scandrick though

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
With an adequate D Line, he'd probably be worth double that amount.
His problem is that he has 0 ball skills. He wouldn't be worth more than what he's getting in this contract if he were playing on the 85 bears.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I think he is a decent slot CB, but don't you dare put him on a big guy. He is good at covering guys like Welker and Cruz.

9darter

Reaction score
I like Orlando. Think he gets a bad rap because the rest of the d blows and gets embarrassed on national tv multiple times

Yea, he's the only corner I like on the team. And he's a good example that you shouldn't waste too high picks on the position. This guy can play (good enough).

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys extended Scandrick in November
Posted by Mike Florio on December 13, 2013, 4:37 PM EST

PFT has confirmed that cornerback Orlando Scandrick received a two-year extension last month. The new deal increases the guaranteed money while decreasing the annual average of the deal.

More: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/13/cowboys-extended-scandrick-in-november/

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 8m
Cowboys really got this deal done with Scandrick a few months ago.
Cowboys value Orlando Scandrick worth as a starting CB and feel he's worth the money. It also helps with the cap.
Also Scandrick is actually being paid 2/3 of what he was scheduled to make. Cowboys are saving cap space because they're paying less cash.

Jane Slater ‏@Slatersnews 8m
I think that song "All I do is win" is Orlando Scandrick's new ringtone this year...new contract extension AND sexy gf.

Common Sense

Reaction score
After looking at the reported details of the deal, I'm confused. How does a fully guaranteed $4.5 million base salary help the 2014 cap situation?

lukin1966

Reaction score
There ain't no one on that d that deserves an extension ... Just plain out the worst d possible. And people wonder what's wrong with the cowboys

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Clearly this is a cap move...............guaranteed base salary can then be converted to signing bonus and prorated over the length of the contract which doesnt expire until 2018.

This is step 1 of about 400 steps that will be taken to get under next year's cap, which we are like $40 million over according to some reports.

I do agree that the optics are not great on doing this now..............getting blown out 2 of the last 4 games and both on national TV and you hand out an extension? I maybe would have waited another week or two just from a PR stance.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm cool with the extension but why now? Why not wait till the end of the season?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with this, its not like paying $1.3 million to McCray for a couple of special team tackles and a couple of penalties.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Cool, good call Jerry. I hate you with all that I am for extending ANY player on this defense before the season is over. ANYONE. Name one defensive player that has played CONSISTENTLY good or not been injured.

conner01

Reaction score
I'm cool with the extension but why now? Why not wait till the end of the season?

probably because they are looking at dez and the off season. get it done when you can so you know what you have to work with during the off season. i suspect then we do dez. i don't think carter is going to be offered a 2nd contract