Twitter: Orlando Scandrick gets 2-year extension...in November

gmoney112

Reaction score
Great move.

Extend a proven asset entering his prime at below future market value, with an option to cut and only risking a minimum amount of guaranteed money from upcoming restructures in the process.

If you really understand the contract then I can't see how anyone could view this as a bad move. I guess it depends on how you view Scandrick as a player.

khiladi

Reaction score
If theyare woring on restructuring for Dez, I hope Dez lays out his cards about this offensive system otherwise he bolts.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
How many years were left on the contract he just signed???

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Defense is full of multiple millionaires that can't get a stop.

Scandrick is a decent cornerback, but now he has an iron clad guaranteed money couple of seasons type contract.

Good for him. Not a lot of players can parlay the type of career he has had into that kind of payday.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Good for him, the Underdog wins this one. Scandrick has grown into his own, each year stepping up his game a little bit more to become a solid player in the backfield.

crazyfool

Reaction score
Good for Orlando, I actually went to school with the guy at BSU and he was a very smart, gritty player, not to mention a friendly person. A few days after we drafted him I was working at a Quiznos and Chris Peterson(Former Boise State coach) came in, I didn't want to bother him but I had to ask what he thought of Orlando leaving school early and going to the Boys...he said Orlando was talented but should have stayed another year. I'm glad he didn't and we ended up with him.

Its really cool to "kind of" know a Cowboys player and see him do well.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
That's my boy!! :DWell earned. He is playing far above his pay grade. For once, an extension in Big D makes sense. Fix the defensive line please....

:) I thought of you when I read the news of Scandrick's extension yesterday. This was a good move. I liked him a lot when he was first drafted. He seemed like a natural CB with an attitude. Unfortunately, he has had his issues with vagiants slot receivers over the years and has horrific hands. However, this year (overall) he has played much more like the guy I though we drafted. That '08 draft looked so promising at first. Who would've thought that Scandrick would be the one left? This was a smart move. Extend a player in his prime for a couple more years. Give him some more guaranteed money and save money against the cap without mortgaging the future. The more I read about it, it seems as though we will be out of cap hell by '15. Even '14 can be much better depending on how we handle the Ware situation.

Gaede

Reaction score
Scandrick is definitely a good player. One of the most consistent we have. Good move extending him.

Fredd

Reaction score
Like the move...despite what some in here may say, he has been pretty solid for a while now (not just this year)...I think it was a cap-related move (in general) so that they have maneuverability later on with having all of the years on his contract

now, while I think it was a good move, if we weren't in such a bad place with the cap, this move would not have been necessary

dools

Reaction score
Sucks we have to make moves like this out of necessity. He is a good slot corner, but is a #3 corner. When we drafted BW Webb, I thought he would be a natural replacement for Scadrick. Frustrating how mismanaged our cap is. What a mess.