Orlovsky: Cowboys set Dak up to fail on offense

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
DUHHHHHHH

It has been this way since they traded Amari (and I think Amari is wildly overrated). There is not a QB in the league who can have any consistency in this offense because nothing actually works.

Say what you will about Jerry and Stephen, but their greatest fundamental flaw is that they operate as if an investment in one position should compensate for lack of investment in others. It is the dumbest possible strategy.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL there was a time when Jerry gave Dak one of the best OLs in football, a quality TB and trio of WRs in Lamb, Cooper and a healthy Gallup. LOL.

He learned nothing from 2018 when he tried the WR by cheapness approach and it backfired on him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Let's assume what he is saying is true but why?
Why do they refuse to build a complete team....... it seems we are ALWAYS missing something. What's crazy is that something in most cases they could have easily fixed but chose/choose not to.
*Running game
*WRs
* DTs
*S

John813

Reaction score
You would think they would of made him fail, prior signing him to the #1 contract in the league per AAV, to knock down his request lol.

Isn't this the same offense that he was the runner up in MVP?

Same HC, OC, etc... Or was Pollard the glue propping up his MVP run?

PS, I'm no fan of Schot or Solari or anyone really on the offensive coaching staff, but this wasn't said last year.
Nor do I think Jerry built a good roster.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Let's assume what he is saying is true but why?
Why do they refuse to build a complete team....... it seems we are ALWAYS missing something. What's crazy is that something in most cases they could have easily fixed but chose/choose not to.
*Running game
*WRs
* DTs
*S
They don't refuse - they are just not good at it!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This was said under Linehan

This was said under Kellen Moore

Now its being said under Mike McCarthy.

When this dude doesnt play well, its ALWAYS somebody else’s fault. The WRs, the coaches, the OL
This is where you are wrong Willie........Dak isn't the problem. He may be part of the problem but he is not THE problem. We have had the same issues before Dak.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
This was said under Linehan

This was said under Kellen Moore

Now its being said under Mike McCarthy.

When this dude doesnt play well, its ALWAYS somebody else’s fault. The WRs, the coaches, the OL
This is such a stupid way to look at it. Nobody every says that Dak is perfect, for one.

But MAYBE, the management just refuses to sufficiently invest in the offense year after year and it is their ideology. That is a far more rationale explanation than "Dak sucks and everyone makes excuses durrrr"

Sydla

Reaction score
The way I look at this is pretty simple. Yes, Jerry has failed the team this offseason. His offensive choices are questionable.

However, I am also not going to delude myself into thinking that if Jerry had given Dak a bunch of new weapons he'd take this team on a SB run either.

This is purgatory, football purgatory. This team is just good enough to not totally suck, just bad enough to be zero threat in the postseason.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Well, Dak being the great leader that he is should have sat them down and said "Hey, let's structure this deal like Mahomes, Brady. Ya'll look like top notch negotiators who got a heck of a bargain. Go sign these DT's, LBer, RB, etc.. Once that is done I will sign on the dotted line making it all work under the cap and let's go try to win something!!"

Instead ... "I must get a record setting deal .... for the brotherhood". So, I got no sympathies for him either.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You would think they would of made him fail, prior signing him to the #1 contract in the league per AAV, to knock down his request lol.

Isn't this the same offense that he was the runner up in MVP?

Same HC, OC, etc... Or was Pollard the glue propping up his MVP run?

PS, I'm no fan of Schot or Solari or anyone really on the offensive coaching staff, but this wasn't said last year.
Nor do I think Jerry built a good roster.
The only thing I think that makes any sense is they have a 2-3-year plan that we can't see.
*Sign Dak, Lamb, and Parsons
* limit the number of new players signed
* Fire MM and Zimm if we fail to advance to the postseason
* Hire Belichick or ______ and let him build the roster around Dak, Lamb and Parsons

In other words, similar to Parcell....

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Well, Dak being the great leader that he is should have sat them down and said "Hey, let's structure this deal like Mahomes, Brady. Ya'll look like top notch negotiators who got a heck of a bargain. Go sign these DT's, LBer, RB, etc.. Once that is done I will sign on the dotted line making it all work under the cap and let's go try to win something!!"

Instead ... "I must get a record setting deal .... for the brotherhood". So, I got no sympathies for him either.
They have ~$24m cap space right now lol. Like what facts do you people actually look at?

They could have done Dak and CD contracts at these numbers, or very close to, in March, and signed anybody they wanted. The FO chooses not to do that, it has nothing to do with Dak's contract.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He had to have seen that with the crappy running game yet signed for the money anyway. If you care about your craft, you demand they do more or you'll take your talents elsewhere. They offered money and he was like, "Okay "
So it’s all Dak’s fault. :lmao: :lmao: :facepalm: :facepalm: You people are mind blowingly ignorant about football.