Orlovsky: Cowboys set Dak up to fail on offense

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
dude - this entire conversation is stupid. pulling out a few segments to illustrate that won't change much.

the simple fact of the matter is dak is NOT a qb who can put a team on his shoulders and win. if this is even a debate for you, any further discussion on the topic is about like reading shakespere to a dog.

since he needs a good team around him, he must not be that type of player.

we good so far or have we already started parting mindsets?
yap yap yap. This is a lot of words to say absolutely nothing . You don't even have an argument lol

I'll ask again - which QBs win the Super Bowl with the team they had last year?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maybe if the Jags drop a couple more we can get a fire sale on Eitenne.
Bro we need something. A good RB would make a difference. I am not sure a good DT would fix the Defense. Parsons needs to play the ball and not rush the qb.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
yap yap yap. This is a lot of words to say absolutely nothing . You don't even have an argument lol

I'll ask again - which QBs win the Super Bowl with the team they had last year?
so, you won't answer my simple question of 'is dak a player who can carry a team to victory' and instead go on the attack.

check please. i got no more use for you.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
so, you won't answer my simple question of 'is dak a player who can carry a team to victory' and instead go on the attack.

check please. i got no more use for you.
yes, he can. He does it all the time - because the systems around him are terrible.

Go ahead and answer my question then - which QBs win a SB with the roster they had last year? Go ahead.

You won't, because you're not quite dumb enough to say something like "Baker Mayfield definitely wins a Super Bowl with Dallas last year." You people are all exactly the same - refusing to acknowledge the contradiction in your own logic.

John813

Reaction score
Agreed.

washington has a rookie Qb and outside of Terry and Brian Robinson very minimal play makers.

yet they haven’t punted in two weeks.

IMO something to watch is there's very little tape on Daniels so far.
He has played well, no doubt. Props to him and the Skins.

However, once there's a handful of tape on him, the good DCs will see flaws they can expose, unless he truly is a legit QB as a rookie.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
1. Dak needs to play better.

2. McCarthy's system is not modern NFL offense.

Both statements can be true.
dak is far from the only problem. he could do better *if* you built around him and catered to his skills.

but that can be said for every qb, couldn't it?

was dak given a fighting chance this year? absolutely not. the only way this year made sense was to tank it and let contracts expire and revamp. their signing of dak late for record amounts was beyond stupid. this is "carry the team" money and he is simply NOT that guy. even his hired jock strap cleaners around here are all aghast he doesn't have a team around him, so they passively admit he can't carry a team.

we reset the cap for the future
we didn't get a RB who can setup the rest of the offense
we didn't get a complimentary WR
we go through TE's like free halloween candy in the rich neighborhood.
and our coach gets outcoached as a hobby

there is no way dak can win on this team. i'd have to think no one really could.

to me it's painfully obvious they simply don't care about winning in as much as putting on a show.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
yes, he can. He does it all the time - because the systems around him are terrible.

Go ahead and answer my question then - which QBs win a SB with the roster they had last year? Go ahead.

You won't, because you're not quite dumb enough to say something like "Baker Mayfield definitely wins a Super Bowl with Dallas last year." You people are all exactly the same - refusing to acknowledge the contradiction in your own logic.
i did answer that - you are just so focused on defending dak you won't understand it.

and NEVER under estimate how stupid i can be.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
True, but that really doesn't have much to do with Dak's performance.

Let's be clear here, Dak has not played great this year but the offense is also void of some of the talent you see from other teams (take Philly with their OL, their WRs, TE and Barkley).
Sure it does. When you get behind like they have the last 2 games, your offensive game plan goes out the window and you become one dimensional. And that’s AFTER the Cowboys start off one dimensional with no running game. With no running game, the CB’s can play aggressive on the WR’s because they know they have safeties backing them up. With a good running game, the safeties have to play in the box.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dude - this entire conversation is stupid. pulling out a few segments to illustrate that won't change much.

the simple fact of the matter is dak is NOT a qb who can put a team on his shoulders and win. if this is even a debate for you, any further discussion on the topic is about like reading shakespere to a dog.

since he needs a good team around him, he must not be that type of player.

we good so far or have we already started parting mindsets?
The truth of the matter is that you have no clue what you’re talking about blaming everything on 1 person.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
This is a stupid question. It is what you guys do though. Dumb it down to this ridiculous argument. An argument that literally nobody has made. Yet here you are clinging to this fallacy as your lifeline to defend Dak against the haters. All emotion, no reason.