OT: Anyone get ESPN NFL2k5 yet?

Duane

Reaction score
cwalk said:
This go's out to the Mods on this board?How come when I posted a thread about madden's 2005 roster ratings for the cowboys it was moved,but when Dale posted this thread it's been running for several days now?

What is ESPN more important then Madden or is what Dale posted more important then what I posted? :mad:

Well Dale has been a Mod for a long time. As a courtesy to him, I and the other Mods left it on the main board. So no, ESPN isn't any more important, but IMHO better, and no what Dale posted wasn't more important, just he has a lot more skins on the wall than any MOD on the board.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
That's one reason why I don't really like ESPN. They're terrible at getting ratings right. It was even worse last year. And they don't update their oline rosters for online play so if ESPN thought your team stunk at the beginning of the year, they stink the entire year for online play even if the real team is 10-6, 11-5, 12-4 or something. LOL
This year, they've added "living rosters". So if Julius Jones goes down in real life, he'll be injured on the online rosters. Player has a surprise good year, his ratings will be reflected online. Yes, last year you couldn't use update rosters online but no more. Sega has came with it this year.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Tass said:
What customizations? In ESPN you get a paltry choice of faces, NO choice of hairstyles or colors, no wristbands on the elbows, only two kinds of helmets, you can't change the players' bodily dimensions, etc. Which customizations are so great?
And how would being able to edit a player infinitely translate to good gameplay on the field. At least in ESPN, y ou can't drop back 20 yards and fire a strike down field for completion. How realistic is that?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Dale said:
I agree, ESPN does grow on ya. I've been a long time Madden guy, though I have dabbled into the 2K series. I've pretty much purchased the game every other year, but have never really gotten "into" it the same way I did with Madden. I do like this year's version a lot better though.

One fault I've noticed now that I've started playing franchise mode is that there are far too many unrealistic trades made by the computer. In week two of the regular season in Year 1 of my franchise, the Saints traded Darren Howard for Byron Leftwich. :confused:

I remember a few years ago, the ESPN/2K series produced an NCAA game, allowing the college players to be drafted in the NFL version on the game. Are there plans for an NCAA game this year as well?
Too remedy the unrealistic trades ai, you have to turn off that weekly prep crap (it's poorly done this year), and pre-season games. I did this and have only seen 4 trades, 3 of them insignificant. Only one that was good was Jason Taylor to the Rams for Leonard Little.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Tass said:
Looks great? Did I purchase a different game than you guys? Compare ESPN graphics to real life. Then do the same with Madden 2004. The Madden players look and move much MUCH more realistically. The ESPN guys run like they have steel rods inserted in their colons. They also have short little arms and flat butts. Seems that the players were modeled on asian guys. Some of the little animations have the players moving very effeminately. If you like it, whatever...but I like my football players to look as real as possible. Not like Chris Benoit on estrogen.
I'm sure there would be some Asians that would be quite offended by that comment. You sound like a Madden Fanboy that's all. If you don't like the game, that's fine, but don't come trolling in a thread with people that are enjoying the game. Wait out another week and get that annual roster update from EA Sports.