OT: Anyone get ESPN NFL2k5 yet?

Ken

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
I am assuming he made the statement on the PS2 version of the game. Now if he is comparing the XB version, I really can't understand how he made that statement about the graphics comparison.

True, I haven't seen the PS2 version, but I hear it is very good as well.

I KNOW it looks better than the PS2 madden version.

To each their own I guess.....

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
On another note, I played online last night and it was a blast. My Cowboys destroyed the Titans 21 - 0.

One thing I noticed about this year’s game. If you have a mobile QB it is very hard to stop passes with a designed play fake and a roll out. On three separate instances I was facing third and long when Quincy scampered for the first down. It was a thing of beauty. I can’t wait to get off and play this evening, this game got me thinking about it while I am at work, now that is addicting, lol.

PS, Does anyone know how to load your customized playbook for online play?

ChrisFul

Benched
Reaction score
The animations in ESPN suck? Huh? The animations in ESPN are quite lifelike. *** is this guy smoking?

Last night I played one of my buddies online, he of course picks one of the better teams (the Eagles) and I picked the 'boys. He put Julius Jones OUT in the 1st Quarter and did nothing but blitz the whole time (very hard to get a pass off vs. the eagles D in this game - i got sacked 10 times). He jumps out to an early 10 point lead, i dont score until 2 mins left in the fourth Quarter...TD pass to Glenn. I then proceed to stop him on one possesion, move down the field, kick a FG, then i stop him on his next possesion, he goes to the air on 3rd down, i pick it off with 30 seconds to go. One long pass to AB and a FG and i win 13-10 despite being dominated the whole game :D

Quincy was 5-25 (damn you blitz) but for 169 yards and a TD, he tacked on about 70 more on the ground (QC is awesome at running in this game).

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
ChrisFul said:
The animations in ESPN suck? Huh? The animations in ESPN are quite lifelike. *** is this guy smoking?

First off, I own a PS2. If the Xbox version fixed the T-Rex arms and the flat butts then great. The PS2 version still contains both, I'm afraid. Some of the animations look good (Like the guy dunking the football after an INT) but some of them are really bad. Yes, the bad ones look lifelike...if your intent was to make your football player look like he is in dire need of testosterone, that is. Again, if Xbox did away with the feminine asian football players, good. The PS2 version, however, sucks ***.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Tass said:
First off, I own a PS2. If the Xbox version fixed the T-Rex arms and the flat butts then great. The PS2 version still contains both, I'm afraid. Some of the animations look good (Like the guy dunking the football after an INT) but some of them are really bad. Yes, the bad ones look lifelike...if your intent was to make your football player look like he is in dire need of testosterone, that is. Again, if Xbox did away with the feminine asian football players, good. The PS2 version, however, sucks ***.

I guess to each it's own. Do any of the PS2 owners care to comment on this because his complaints about the game are completely new to me? Even last year, most game publications applauded ESPN's game play. One of the major complaints was the franchise depth and lack of momentum based physics; those two issues are definitely fixed this year. I don't recall any one saying the graphics on ESPN was inferior to Madden this year or last year.

The only thing Tass I would suggest is to clear your mind and give it another chance or stick with the same old recycled game from EA.

Bizwah

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
I guess to each it's own. Do any of the PS2 owners care to comment on this because his complaints about the game are completely new to me? Even last year, most game publications applauded ESPN's game play. One of the major complaints was the franchise depth and lack of momentum based physics; those two issues are definitely fixed this year. I don't recall any one saying the graphics on ESPN was inferior to Madden this year or last year.

The only thing Tass I would suggest is to clear your mind and give it another chance or stick with the same old recycled game from EA.

I have a PS2, and I don't know what he's talking about.

It looks great! Just as good, if not better, than last year's Madden.

I don't see the TRex arms, flat butts, or Asian-whatevers he's complaining about.

The PS2 version is much more playable than any Madden I've ever played. I can actually move the ball and win a game (I'm 3-0).

I'm impressed.

VirusX

Reaction score
The body graphics are good except when you look at the limbs. The chicken legs simply wont do for a 6'3 280 lb Dlinemen. The running animations look horrid as far as a straight run the angle of the upper body looks very off for "Lifelike" graphics unless you have a 3 foot stick jammed up your anus. The animations are good but all the screen shots you see of ESPN are from XBox not PS2. As for maddens graphics ill take a hit in the crisp graphics department for real looking runs and gameplay. Cant wait till the 9th then i can make my final judgement.

Bizwah

Reaction score
VirusX said:
The body graphics are good except when you look at the limbs. The chicken legs simply wont do for a 6'3 280 lb Dlinemen. The running animations look horrid as far as a straight run the angle of the upper body looks very off for "Lifelike" graphics unless you have a 3 foot stick jammed up your anus. The animations are good but all the screen shots you see of ESPN are from XBox not PS2. As for maddens graphics ill take a hit in the crisp graphics department for real looking runs and gameplay. Cant wait till the 9th then i can make my final judgement.

I don't see that........I remember my players lining up for an extra-point and thinking, "Man, they even put the fat butts on the OL...especially Flo."

Willie Blade in particular, looked big all-around....even in the legs.

I think the running does look a little funny, but no different than the Madden games I've played. I feel that ESPN is more playable than Madden. For the life of me, I can't complete a pass in Madden to save my life.

Now, I'll admit that I haven't played a lot of Madden. I've always been frustrated with it. But ESPN grabbed me right from the get go.

I don't care if ESPN surpasses Madden. For me, it's close enough. Throw in the $20 price tag and it blows Madden out of the water.

I may rent Madden......but to me it isn't $30 better than ESPN. Hopefully, EA will take a hint and lower the price of their product.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
adbutcher said:

They do run weird when sprinting. The faces however look much better than madden. The commenting blows madden away. The game play feels great and is much more realistic than madden.

Rude

Reaction score
adbutcher said:

I have it on PS2 and the graphics are great. Not as good as the x-box but way better then madden and last years 2k4 game.

cwalk

Reaction score
This go's out to the Mods on this board?How come when I posted a thread about madden's 2005 roster ratings for the cowboys it was moved,but when Dale posted this thread it's been running for several days now?

What is ESPN more important then Madden or is what Dale posted more important then what I posted? :mad:

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Default speed on the AllPro setting.

I play fast on All Pro. I was practicing with fast and I just got too used to that setting.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
cwalk said:
This go's out to the Mods on this board?How come when I posted a thread about madden's 2005 roster ratings for the cowboys it was moved,but when Dale posted this thread it's been running for several days now?

What is ESPN more important then Madden or is what Dale posted more important then what I posted? :mad:
No and Yes;)

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
cwalk said:

Yes and Yes. :D

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Sily question

But how do I sign free agents?

I'm in the franchise mode and I don't see a category that can allow me to look at Free agency in the middle of the season.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Tenkamenin said:
Sily question

But how do I sign free agents?

I'm in the franchise mode and I don't see a category that can allow me to look at Free agency in the middle of the season.
Go to your FO, and look at contracts. Press R2 until you reach FA?